Poipet / Aranyaprathet Border Crossing

Hi there I have a Non Immigrant cat 'O' visa and was planning on doing a visa run shortly and I was just wondering whether or not the border is open at the weekends? and I presume I can just walk across and back again? i.e. no need for an overnight say

Also was wondering if I can renew my visa at my local immigration office in Korat?

oh and also what the opening times seen some people on the net say 5pm other say 8pm :o

many thanks :D

Hi there I have a Non Immigrant cat 'O' visa and was planning on doing a visa run shortly and I was just wondering whether or not the border is open at the weekends? and I presume I can just walk across and back again? i.e. no need for an overnight say

Also was wondering if I can renew my visa at my local immigration office in Korat?

oh and also what the opening times seen some people on the net say 5pm other say 8pm :o

The border will be open weekends.

Just enter and return to get another 90 days. If your Non O Visa is Multi Entry.

You cannot renew a Visa. You go to a Thai Consulate and apply for another one.

Korat can give you a 12 month extension if you qualify. You do not say what your Non O Visa is for.

The border will be open weekends.

Just enter and return to get another 90 days. If your Non O Visa is Multi Entry.

You cannot renew a Visa. You go to a Thai Consulate and apply for another one.

Korat can give you a 12 month extension if you qualify. You do not say what your Non O Visa is for.

Cheers for that I just didn't fancy turning up to find a locked gate :D

sorry I should have been clearer I meant can a go to the korat office and get my 90 day stamp? my visa is for visiting family and friends, I understand that I can check in at my local office if I start working but wondering if I could do with my visa just to save myself the journey to the border.

Cheers for that I just didn't fancy turning up to find a locked gate :o

sorry I should have been clearer I meant can a go to the korat office and get my 90 day stamp? my visa is for visiting family and friends, I understand that I can check in at my local office if I start working but wondering if I could do with my visa just to save myself the journey to the border.

No. You have to leave the country. You will need a Visa to enter Cambodia.

You can apply online. http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/start.aspx

Here is a border run report.http://www.thaivisa.com/386.0.html

Cheers for that I just didn't fancy turning up to find a locked gate :o

Yes you can get your 90 days done at the Korat office..mon-fri.........It's quite a way out of the city centre.

Yes you can get your 90 days done at the Korat office..mon-fri.........It's quite a way out of the city centre.

No he cannot. He has to leave the country.

I know people that have a work permit teachers etc. can get it done there and it would be great if I could get it done in Korat but its no biggie if not, after all its only once every 3 months :o

Got my visa sorted out yesterday many thanks for the help. Saved myself about a 1000 baht doing on my own instead on using a visa run service despite the best attempts of the 'officials' trying to scam me out of more money and trying to purseud me to buy cheap cartons of cigarettes!!

I paid the the 1000 baht visa fee (fair enough) was then told they would get my visa stamped for 400 baht or I could go to the get and wait for ages and pay 200 baht, I opted to go to the gate myself and there was no queue at all I ended up paying 200 baht, although I'm not sure I had to pay that!!!

Anyone know what fees you actually have to pay and what is a scam?

I am considering getting an e-visa next time via the website does anyone have any experience of this?

Also why they hel_l can't they pay someone a couple of hundred baht to clean the river at the border or is it littered with landmines as well as plastic cartons?!! not a great advert for either country! :o

Edited by sushi5734

How can you 'start work' on a Non Imm 'O' .... you obviously don't have a work permit ..... be careful!

I'm not working so not really a problem but I'm giving some thought to teaching and apparently I can apply for a work permit on that visa (accoirding to an offical at the local immigration office) and at that point I'll be able go to my local office.

I may be wrong as I didn't really look into it that thoroughly as I'm happy to be a lazy bum for a little bit longer :o

How can you 'start work' on a Non Imm 'O' .... you obviously don't have a work permit ..... be careful!

I'm not working so not really a problem but I'm giving some thought to teaching and apparently I can apply for a work permit on that visa (accoirding to an offical at the local immigration office) and at that point I'll be able go to my local office.

I may be wrong as I didn't really look into it that thoroughly as I'm happy to be a lazy bum for a little bit longer :o

Yes you can get a Work Permit with a Non O Visa.