Jetstar Australia - Crap Airline

Patong Bob

I was lured by their billboard ads in Oz offering cheap seats...and decided to give them a try. Never again...when I went to buy the ticket, they added a lot of 'fine print' add-on costs that nearly doubled the price I was expecting to pay.

Having travelled Thai, Singapore and Malaysian to Thailand, my last trip was by Jetstar. Cramped, attendants come round selling things, hard to get a drink - $7AUD for a small Scotch, $4AUD for a coffee.

Not recommended at all.

But a considerable saving over Thai Airways,and a brand new plane.I haven't had a decent seat in ages.I remember when every flight had a little tv screen in the headrest in front of you...The price never came down,but the quality sure did.But in all fairness to the staff,friendly as always!I am also starting to wonder if Thai Airways pilots ACTUALLY have any landing practice..Because if they landed any harder,i am sure the tail will snap off!! :o

• 2 months later...

No one should consider flying low cost, unless you are ready for it.

Most people are mistaken in thinking that low cost airlines are just like normal airlines, but charged a lower fare. Until they flow on one.

Edited by DaleBlue

.I am also starting to wonder if Thai Airways pilots ACTUALLY have any landing practice..Because if they landed any harder,i am sure the tail will snap off!! :o

I disagree my last landing in Perth on Thai was the smoothest and most skillful I have experienced despite 7 wind sheers in the last 1000 feet.

.I am also starting to wonder if Thai Airways pilots ACTUALLY have any landing practice..Because if they landed any harder,i am sure the tail will snap off!! :o

I disagree my last landing in Perth on Thai was the smoothest and most skillful I have experienced despite 7 wind sheers in the last 1000 feet.

I found the same. The weather obviously has a lot to do with it, and a hot still day can still be bumpy because of the thermal currents over the runway.