Obama Inauguration

rrose070

Democrats Abroad is having a celebration. Here's the email I got yesterday.

For those in Chiang Mai, inaugural festivities will kick off at 10:00 PM at the UN Irish Pub (24/1 Ratvithi Rd. 053-214-554).

Please RSVP to //e-mail deleted// if you can make it. We look forward to seeing you there!

All the Best,

Phil Robertson Jr.

Chair, Democrats Abroad Thailand

email:

mobile: (085) 060-8406

fax: (02) 672-0592

Well I won't be going. Although I am a very strong supporter of Obama, I'm getting sick of all the hype about him - he's treated like a messiah - something the world does not need.

Worse than being treated like a messiah, he thinks he's one.

For someone with a dubious past and little or no credentials, I find it unbelievable so many think this guy is going to save the world. But then again, he said he was in a speech he made and slick politicians like him don't lie now do they?

Worse than being treated like a messiah, he thinks he's one.

For someone with a dubious past and little or no credentials......

I knew when I read the title of this post that the lunatic right would jump all over it. I agree that Obama's inauguration is being over hyped but what dubious past and lack of credentials are you talking about? He's a dedicated family man with no history of ever having done anything illegal. As for credentials, doesn't US Senator, Illinois State Senator, Graduate of Harvard Law School and Editor of the Harvard Law Review, graduate with honors from Columbia and years of community service in one of the poorest and roughest areas in the US not count as credentials?

hmm, the possibility for religion and politics in the same thread. let's see if we can rile and offend everyone in one easy-to-handle topic.

what's with all these pasty, conniving, spastic, undereducated, self-righteous, glad-handing, bible-thumping, community-organizing, vaguely un-american, can-do type, pious, heathen, possibly french, fat cat, welfare receiving, capital-gains-tax-dodging, veterans of foreign whatever, liberal progressive redneck baptist, anti-establishment, pro gun, anti mother, duke's steak eating, vegetarian, hippilicious, johnnie walker drinking, short time shag hounding, four-seasons-staying, loi kroh-wandering, visa stamping, ladyboy groping, bargirl marrying, fortuner-driving, prayer-saying, pistol whipping, thick plastic spectacle wearing, masturbating on the shabbath, curling up with a good pork rind, wi-fi surfing Chiang Mai expats anyway? I'm calling Homeland Security.

Can we limit these remarks to the inaugural ceremonies being viewed in Chiang Mai, Thailand? Glad to hear there is a time and place already, at a venue well known and easily located. The developed world is teetering on collapse, and a great orator has the chance of making the speech of the decade. Let's wish him well.

I had a hard time making up my mind between Obama and McCain, but I feel that Obama ran a much better campaign and a much less dirty one and he deserved to win.

He might not be the "savior", but the man has a lot going for him and we need to support him to get us out of the mess that we are in. Give Obama a chance! :o

hmm, the possibility for religion and politics in the same thread. let's see if we can rile and offend everyone in one easy-to-handle topic.

what's with all these pasty, conniving, spastic, undereducated, self-righteous, glad-handing, bible-thumping, community-organizing, vaguely un-american, can-do type, pious, heathen, possibly french, fat cat, welfare receiving, capital-gains-tax-dodging, veterans of foreign whatever, liberal progressive redneck baptist, anti-establishment, pro gun, anti mother, duke's steak eating, vegetarian, hippilicious, johnnie walker drinking, short time shag hounding, four-seasons-staying, loi kroh-wandering, visa stamping, ladyboy groping, bargirl marrying, fortuner-driving, prayer-saying, pistol whipping, thick plastic spectacle wearing, masturbating on the shabbath, curling up with a good pork rind, wi-fi surfing Chiang Mai expats anyway? I'm calling Homeland Security.

Contact AIM "Fighting Terrorism Since 1492"

Nice to see the sheeple consider frontman Obama to be different from Bush. I don't suppose anyone has researched his pedigree.

"Yes we can, yes we can" Pathetic :o

Nah, Pathetic is just a good description for those that can't actually speak up :D

Yes we should all be gratefull that the next president can string a few words together! At least we can all comprehend the upcoming disasters. Ofcourse nothing will get better - far from it - but the actor playing the part is a cool guy :o

"Yes we can, yes we can" :D:D:D:D

Another cynical 90 year old French anarchist? :wai:

SLOW DOWN, guys! It is interesting to read substantive differences of opinion in town, as well, but I hope hurling personal insult will be avoided....outside of Puwa's fascinating generalized comment, which I think is a classic. Now, would he please put that to music?

.......outside of Puwa's fascinating generalized comment, which I think is a classic. Now, would he please put that to music?

I think you'll find that's already been done. Its a straight lift out of Gilbert and Sullivan's "MIKADO', except they didn't use that word,"hippilicious"