Company Accountant Fees And Visa Fees

Hi there....

I have a company in Bangkok and a Work Permit and Visa etc..

Was quite a learning experience and am slowly learning the ropes.

I am now starting to look at half year and end of year accounts and renewing my visa for next year. My wife is a Fallang so she has a spouse visa.

I have been told that end of year account will be around 10 - 15,000 Baht.

This seems quite expensive bearing in mind our company has barely traded for four months of the first year it has been incorporated. It took that long to get my Work Permit through.

We have also handled the filing of all of our VAT and salary returns ourselves in house so our paperwork is in order.. Big thanks to all the staff at the Nonthaburi tax office!

On top of that I have been told around 6 - 8000 to file my end of year salary tax return.

I have also been quoted something like 10,000 - 12,000 Baht for a lawyer to renew our visas... Again this seems a little high, as all our paperwork is in order and it is simply an extension.

Can anyone let me know if these fees seem normal, or if they can recommend someone who does a competent job at slightly more reasonable prices..

It is amazing to me that legal fees in Bangkok are higher than the UK!!!

Thanks in advance, for any help.

scratt

Edited by scratt

[ have been told that end of year account will be around 10 - 15,000 Baht.
Sounds about right. Our auditor charges 13,000 Baht+vat
On top of that I have been told around 6 - 8000 to file my end of year salary tax return.

Our professional fee is 1,000 Baht+vat

I have also been quoted something like 10,000 - 12,000 Baht for a lawyer to renew our visas... Again this seems a little high, as all our paperwork is in order and it is simply an extension.

The first time for our legal staff handling your visa It's 6,500 Baht+vat and 3,700+vat for the dependent visa.

The second year on the visa Renewal, 3,900+vat for you and 3,700+vat for your wife. This is if we had done the original visa and have all your paperwork on file. Our legal staff will have less work tracking down paperwork from you that is required, hence the professional fee is lower.

www.sunbeltasia.com