Expresscard

dominique355

My laptop has a built-in feature which so far I have not been able to use, or even to understand. It's called "ExpressCard" and as far as I understand, is supposed to replace the PCMCIA card.

But ... I have never seen an ExpressCard in real and nobody seems to have heard of it or knows any application.

Do you?

Thanks Webfact, but have you ever seen in real such an ExpressCad adaptor or any real application? (I mean here in Bangkok, not in a Electronic Fair) ?

I must admit no, because I do not need that stuff but I suggest you try it @ Pantip or Fortune.

Sure - Network adapters and mobile modems.

Plus eSata Crads, Com Ports Cards pp.! Available at Pantip and other bigger IT Malls.

Thanks Raimar, Thanks Monty.

I felt like you, Monty, I have this new laptop and discovered this ExpressCard slot on the side, wondering what I can do with that.

It would be great to find some sort of an external hard disk for back-up. In understand ExpressCard can use a SATA adapter to which you can attach any SATA hard disk, but that's not as elegant as a hard disk built into the ExpressCard, like they used to make for the PCMCIA cards. Oh well, I can always use a USB external HD.

And may be in the future, this standard will actually come up with some useful stuff.