E20 Petrol

JMS

I have just been looking at the new Toyota Camry and was told it takes E20 petrol but I have never seen this in stations here in Pattaya. Does anybody know where to buy it

E 20 is here in Thailand but not yet widespread,but you see it more and more don't believe stories that E 10 is better if your car is ready for E 20 use E 20,E 10 cars can not use E 20.

E20 Petrol is 91 gasahol. That's 80% gas and 20% Palm. The 95 Gasohol is much better which is 10% palm and 90% gas or as they call it here Benzine. I have a Toyota Vios and use 95 Gasohol and get 17 kilometers to one litre of gas, or 41 miles per gallon.

Barry

Not correct. They are both different.

I've never seen E20 around Pattaya, the only place I've seen it is at the petrol station at the corner of Soi Nana in BAngkok.

Just drive about 3 minutes North of the junction of the Hwy 3 and Hwy 36, the flyover just North of Pattaya, E20 is sold at the first petrol station that you see on your left. Big sign giving the goings rates for each fuel - including E20.

Just drive about 3 minutes North of the junction of the Hwy 3 and Hwy 36, the flyover just North of Pattaya, E20 is sold at the first petrol station that you see on your left. Big sign giving the goings rates for each fuel - including E20.

Thanks for that I will drive up there and check it out

• 6 months later...

I went there yesterday and yes, they do have E20 :D

There is also a station (Can't remember the name) advertising E20 a few km before as you drive towards Bangkok and on the same side of the road as this station.

I never found the station selling E20 on North Pattaya Road :)

There is also a station (Can't remember the name) advertising E20 a few km before as you drive towards Bangkok and on the same side of the road as this station.

I never found the station selling E20 on North Pattaya Road :)

Every gas station in Thailand sells E-20 and E-10 Petrol. I think you need to understand the name of E-20 is 91 gasahol, and the name of E-10 is 95 Gasahol. All the new Toyota's take both. The 95 Gasahol is much better than the 91.

I have a toyota vios, and I use the 95 Gasohol.

Barry

I never found the station selling E20 on North Pattaya Road :(

Every gas station in Thailand sells E-20 and E-10 Petrol. I think you need to understand the name of E-20 is 91 gasahol, and the name of E-10 is 95 Gasahol. All the new Toyota's take both. The 95 Gasahol is much better than the 91.

I have a toyota vios, and I use the 95 Gasohol.

Barry

Barry you are very very wrong. Before there was Diesel, 91 octane petrol/gasoline/benzine and 95 petrol/gasoline/benzine. These came leaded and unleaded. There is still these 3 types but they are unleaded and the 95 octane is nearly phased out completely.

So now we have 100% Diesel and B5 diesel (5% bio diesel). We have 100% 91 octane unleaded, 91 octane gasohol (E10-10% bio fuel) and 91 octane gasohol (E20-20% bio fuel) and also 95 octane gasohol (E10-10% bio fuel).

The colours of the pumps usually show you the product type ie: orange is E10 95 gasohol, red is 100% 91 octane etc etc.

Any car that is designated for E20 by the manufacturer, can actually use E20, E10 or 100% 91 octane. Of course the cost gets lower with the gasohols over the 100% 91 octane. Most people don't measure any significant difference with gasohol over normal 91 with everyday driving.

Even though the govt is pushing alternative fuels (E85 is on the cards for 2010/2011) only E10 and B5 is widely available. E20 is plentiful in Bangkok but not in the provinces.

This should clear up all the misconceptions on the subject..You're welcome.

Edited by thainet

PTT on Sukhumvit northbound has E20 after u pass Banglamung Police abt. 1 km or so.

If u head further north passing the junction to Rayong you ll find a Green Lemon Pump in Banglamung as well. Use both and very satisfied with the E20.

Barry you are very very wrong. Before there was Diesel, 91 octane petrol/gasoline/benzine and 95 petrol/gasoline/benzine. These came leaded and unleaded. There is still these 3 types but they are unleaded and the 95 octane is nearly phased out completely.

So now we have 100% Diesel and B5 diesel (5% bio diesel). We have 100% 91 octane unleaded, 91 octane gasohol (E10-10% bio fuel) and 91 octane gasohol (E20-20% bio fuel) and also 95 octane gasohol (E10-10% bio fuel).

The colours of the pumps usually show you the product type ie: orange is E10 95 gasohol, red is 100% 91 octane etc etc.

Any car that is designated for E20 by the manufacturer, can actually use E20, E10 or 100% 91 octane. Of course the cost gets lower with the gasohols over the 100% 91 octane. Most people don't measure any significant difference with gasohol over normal 91 with everyday driving.

Even though the govt is pushing alternative fuels (E85 is on the cards for 2010/2011) only E10 and B5 is widely available. E20 is plentiful in Bangkok but not in the provinces.

This should clear up all the misconceptions on the subject..You're welcome.

that sounds about right.

I have been using E20 for the past year in my 2008 honda accord and I can tell you that it is fine and you can not notice anything between 95,91 nor E20 with everyday driving. except the cost. the car is designed for it.

more and more stations are selling E20 in Bangkok there are 6 around my area. glad to hear they now sell in Pattaya because I go that way often. up country though I have never seen it nor driving to Phuket but there is still plenty of 91,95 about if you cant find any E20.