Motorway 7

Rob5060

Hi

Driving to Pattaya soon first time for a while

Am I right in thinking Motorway 7 now runs right into Pattaya rather than if I remember correcly coming off a few kilometers outside

Cheers

Within a year the 7 is expected to be completed. Than it will end in Pattaya on Sukhumvit between North Pattaya Road and Central Pattaya Road; no need to take turns then.

Until it's finished, it's indeed the spaghetti-turn to Banglamung and a left turn onto Sukhumvit.

Am I right in thinking Motorway 7 now runs right into Pattaya rather than if I remember correcly coming off a few kilometers outside

Within a year the 7 is expected to be completed. Than it will end in Pattaya on Sukhumvit between North Pattaya Road and Central Pattaya Road; no need to take turns then.

A year...try 2-3 years! Don't let the on-ramp completed on Sukhumvit fool you...the rest of this elevated roadway will snake from the top of Maprachan Lake area to the Sukhumvit on-ramp...and they haven't even done any land appropriation for that portion yet!

A year...try 2-3 years! Don't let the on-ramp completed on Sukhumvit fool you...the rest of this elevated roadway will snake from the top of Maprachan Lake area to the Sukhumvit on-ramp...and they haven't even done any land appropriation for that portion yet!

You are mistaken MeetJohnDoe, check out google earth and you will see about 70% of the road completed, now the GE image is at least a year old, it does not even show any sign of the on/off ramp on Suk yet, so there will be more than likely more progress than the map shows! You can see quite a bit of it too if you take the road from Suk towards the crocodile farm and carry on towards the north side of Maprachan. :o

I am looking at GE view now and I will concede about 55% to as much as 60% in this view. Maybe 5% of that has been done for several years already. This view is about a year old and maybe another 10 or 15 % may be done. But all it will take is a short critical section to hold up the whole thing.

So its a wait and see thing. Lets hope for the best and the interchange to nowhere finally gets completed.

I am looking at GE view now and I will concede about 55% to as much as 60% in this view. Maybe 5% of that has been done for several years already. This view is about a year old and maybe another 10 or 15 % may be done. But all it will take is a short critical section to hold up the whole thing.

So its a wait and see thing. Lets hope for the best and the interchange to nowhere finally gets completed.

Actually if you go just past the turning to the Crocodile farm when coming from Mabprachan you will see that the progress is quite good. There has been a lot of movement in the last few months. I went past it the other day and was surprised how far they had progressed and how many men were working on the road.

In this case, I 'm happy to be wrong :o

Can't remember if it's been mentioned, but this is going to be a toll road.

Heard something along that lines, with exemptions for local residents was also mentioned?? not sure how that would work??

In this case, I 'm happy to be wrong :D

Can't remember if it's been mentioned, but this is going to be a toll road.

Heard something along that lines, with exemptions for local residents was also mentioned?? not sure how that would work??

just get a certificate of residence at Jomtien Immi....the friendly officers will be at your service against a small fee... :o