Hull Visa - Evidence Needed?

I'm about to apply for a non immigrant O multiple entry 4 x 90 days visa at Hull for "visiting friends".

Will there be any problems without evidence? The application doesn't specificly ask for it, but lists sponsor letter etc. as evidence.

Only Hull can answer your question, although they are reputed to be among the easiest to deal with.

You don't apply for a 4 entry non-immigrant visa. You apply for a multiple entry non-immigrant, wich not give you only 4 entries but unlimited entries for one year counting from the date it is issued. So apply as late as possible. Each time you enter you would get a permission to stay for 90 days. By leaving and coming back one day before the visa expires you get a new permission for 90 day and so can extend it to almost 15 month on your visa.

Don't know huw much proof Hull demands.

Quite sure you need a sponsor letter. This can be anyone in the UK who accept responsibility to repatriate you or your body out of Thailand.

The sponsor is at the other end. Someone in Thailand to vouch for your "good character" and sort of accept responsibility for your well being. Since you are applying for a visa to visit friends in Thailand, surely those friends can sponsor you.

Quite sure you need a sponsor letter. This can be anyone in the UK who accept responsibility to repatriate you or your body out of Thailand.

The sponsor is at the other end. Someone in Thailand to vouch for your "good character" and sort of accept responsibility for your well being. Since you are applying for a visa to visit friends in Thailand, surely those friends can sponsor you.

I,m on my 2nd Multi "O" from Hull, i've never been asked for any evidence i've just filled in the online form, paid the special delivery 1st class return £6 last time + £100 visa fee, passport back with new visa in 2 days my last visa was march 08, so hope they have'nt changed anything,but a letter from wife to be would not be a problem.

Got a NON-IMMIGRANT "O" last year with no other evidence needed other than the application form filled and the correct fees paid.

Happy Days :o

The HULL office are extremely efficient and I have never had any problems when dealing with them through the post or on the phone.

If you are over 50 no problems.under 50 just say you are going for a year to look at the feasability of getting a business and living there full time.Oras you say just send pics of your missus and family and say who you are taking care of then no problems.

enjoy

If you are over 50 no problems.under 50 just say you are going for a year to look at the feasability of getting a business and living there full time.Oras you say just send pics of your missus and family and say who you are taking care of then no problems.

enjoy

Again i'm only 44 & never had an issue with them very helpfull on the phone to.

Hey

would you be kind enough to let me know who/what is Hull and provide me with ant mean of contact as you all seem to be quite familiar with this process?

Thanks

Hull is an honary thai consulate based in the northeast of England, if I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected.

Hey

would you be kind enough to let me know who/what is Hull and provide me with ant mean of contact as you all seem to be quite familiar with this process?

Thanks

Hull is an honary thai consulate based in the northeast of England, if I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected.

Correct.

Thanks Mali Brigante and little beer for such a swift answer

I thought it was an agency and I am no a UK citizen I guess I won't be able to use their services

Thanks anyway

Thanks for the complement. You do not have to be a UK Citizen. You can apply in UK or Europe by mail.

I'm about to apply for a non immigrant O multiple entry 4 x 90 days visa at Hull for "visiting friends".

Will there be any problems without evidence? The application doesn't specificly ask for it, but lists sponsor letter etc. as evidence.

This from the Hull consulate web site with possible use's for Non "O".

Category “O” (other) – this category entitles a person:

to an extended stay for tourism purposes

to visit Thai spouse/family

to visit non Thai family/friends living in Thailand

to participate in unpaid volunteer work in Thailand

to seek employment in Thailand

to visit as a UK pensioner

I thought it was an agency and I am no a UK citizen I guess I won't be able to use their services

Thanks anyway

Same here thanks for the compliment.

Another point is to always concider using consulates rather than an Embassy as they tend to be more relaxed with the issue of visa's.

You can apply anywhere in the world (except Thailand) and get a visa from Hull. However, you must supply a UK postal address for return of your passport. Ask them to send you the form 'Applying outside the EU'.

However, if an alert ( :o ) Thai immigrant official sees that you never left SE Asia, he may well cancel your new visa. Example, you go down to Penang, and post your application from Penang to Hull. They will return it to a UK address. Your friends at the UK address return it to you in Penang and you return to Thailand with a new visa. But don't forget, you were in Malaysia when it was issued, and that's cheating. Thais can cheat but we can't!!!

Thanks anyway

Thanks for the complement. You do not have to be a UK Citizen. You can apply in UK or Europe by mail.

UK or EU, else correct little bear. :o

• 2 months later...

I´d just got a wonderful mail from the Consulate in Hull.

Thank you for your message

You can apply from Sweden to us for the non-immigrant cat "O" visa, I have attached a visa application form for you, the visa costs £100 and you have to include an extra £10 for postage back to yourself, please allow 3-5 working days for return of your passport/visa.

Regards

But I have a question: Does this postage fee allow them to sent my passport abroad (Sweden), or is this the fee inside the UK only?

Excellent service anyway by the consulate in Hull since we don't have this option in Sweden if you are under 50 years old.

Edit: Hope I was posting in the right thread.

Edited by Momar

You can apply from Sweden to us for the non-immigrant cat "O" visa, I have attached a visa application form for you, the visa costs £100 and you have to include an extra £10 for postage back to yourself, please allow 3-5 working days for return of your passport/visa.

Regards

But I have a question: Does this postage fee allow them to sent my passport abroad (Sweden), or is this the fee inside the UK only?

Excellent service anyway by the consulate in Hull since we don't have this option in Sweden if you are under 50 years old.

they will send it back to you, just make sure it's a recorded delivery so it doesn't go missing or anything.

all you need to get a visa from them is send the application form with the details of your bank for payment and that's it.... A bit easy :o

Regards

they will send it back to you, just make sure it's a recorded delivery so it doesn't go missing or anything.

all you need to get a visa from them is send the application form with the details of your bank for payment and that's it.... A bit easy :o

So I don't have to send any cash, only my credit/debit card number etc and they take care of the rest?

Regards

So I don't have to send any cash, only my credit/debit card number etc and they take care of the rest?

Check the application forms, there is a space to write your card number and the amount you want to give.

Just to clarify ,you have to leave and re-enter before the 90 days expires to get another 90 days is this corrrect,cheers

When you enter your passport will be stamped with a 90 day permitted to stay date.

You have to exit on or before that date. You can return when you want and get another 90 day stay. Assuming your Visa is still valid of couse.