1 Gbp = 47.37 Thb And Falling

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the noise comes near the target. As has been pointed out on these threads many times; 1.35 is the target. I can't say if it is the final target, or if it will trade right through this target, but it was an extremely high probability initial target based on pretty simple T/A, that anyone reading these threads should have been aware of for months. If it breaks, welll, that ain't good.

It's really a shame that England doesn't make anything I would want to buy. I'm looking at small planes presently and all the interesting new models are made in US, Germany or Eastern Europe. Too bad! Anyone have any ideas of anything made in England that would be worth buying now that the pound is toast.

It's really a shame that England doesn't make anything I would want to buy. I'm looking at small planes presently and all the interesting new models are made in US, Germany or Eastern Europe. Too bad! Anyone have any ideas of anything made in England that would be worth buying now that the pound is toast.

Stirling :o - That's how this works :D

Most of the noise comes near the target. As has been pointed out on these threads many times; 1.35 is the target. I can't say if it is the final target, or if it will trade right through this target, but it was an extremely high probability initial target based on pretty simple T/A, that anyone reading these threads should have been aware of for months. If it breaks, welll, that ain't good.

I acknowledge your assessment was much more accurate than mine and I have duly purchased a large supply of birch twigs, when they arrive I will whip myself unrelentingly.

Moving on, do you have a view on where things are headed?

Triumph motorcycles is the only product that comes to mind. why haven't they been reduced in price here in Thailand?

I acknowledge your assessment was much more accurate than mine and I have duly purchased a large supply of birch twigs, when they arrive I will whip myself unrelentingly.

Not really. My view is that it has reached its target and should bounce. The character of that bounce or lack of it (you really don't want to see this) , will give you your future roadmap. I would say that the wave structure looks incomplete and that if a bounce should come, I would expect IMHO at the very least a retest of the lows. OCICBW.

post-25601-1232636927_thumb.png

Not really. My view is that it has reached its target and should bounce. The character of that bounce or lack of it (you really don't want to see this) , will give you your future roadmap. I would say that the wave structure looks incomplete and that if a bounce should come, I would expect IMHO at the very least a retest of the lows. OCICBW.

If I understood it then perhaps I might agree that I didn't want to see it, as it happens the chart is largely meaningless to me unfortunately other than to see the things that have happened in the past and those things are not useful to me right now. As for the possibility that the chart will give me my future roadmap, well .....!

My interpretation of events is that we are now in the midst of the,"new president bounce" and this may/could/should/will have a short life span, we'll no doubt find out soon.

If I understood it then perhaps I might agree that I didn't want to see it, as it happens the chart is largely meaningless to me unfortunately other than to see the things that have happened in the past and those things are not useful to me right now. As for the possibility that the chart will give me my future roadmap, well .....!

My interpretation of events is that we are now in the midst of the,"new president bounce" and this may/could/should/will have a short life span, we'll no doubt find out soon.

Well, when its prices of the past you're revisiting, it's helpful to know where those prices found support. Here is one such place. Much lower is another place.

http://www.chartsrus.com/chart.php?image=h...hp?ticker=FUTBP

Rolls Royce make aeroplane engines one of those should help you get off the ground.

And you could buy an Aston Martin to take you to your plane Biggles.

Edited by sanmiguel

It seems the G7 nations are not happy at a weak Sterling as its giving the UK an unfair advantage in exporting, not bad for a country that according to many on here exports nothing.

thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=469258&in_page_id=2&in_a_source=

It seems the G7 nations are not happy at a weak Sterling as its giving the UK an unfair advantage in exporting, not bad for a country that according to many on here exports nothing.

thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=469258&in_page_id=2&in_a_source=

Rogers just likes to short sterling (he was Soros's partner), he hardly gives an unbiased assessment.

It's a myth that Britain has nothing to export, although I think the figure is just 20% of GDP.

Weak sterling does indeed give GB a good advantage, it also has an efficient work force.

It's also incorrect to state that UK banks are any weaker than US or Europen banks, or that UK is substantially worse off than it's main rivals.

It is true to say the banking sector was very much bigger than the economy could handle, and the national debt is way too high.

The currency may be low for some time as UK effectively pays off debts by printing more money and undercutting rivals, hence, G7 seething.

The UK will pull though this with flying colors. The lowest ebb of the tide is the turn of the tide.

This is all too true. Every country goes thru a bad time and Britain has been there before. In the 1970's we were on the verge of Bankruptcy and had to go cap in hand to the IMF. We got thru that and two world wars and the great depression.

.........but another NuLabour govt may well prove a disaster too far.

Problem we currently face is that the notion Brown can spend his way out of this recession will cripple us

before the truth that it is in fact no solution becomes apparent. The fat Caledonian barsteward would rather suck Blair's dick before admitting to his ineptitude and that stubborness means a devalued £, higher taxation and increased unemployment for an awful lot longer than folk are prepared to believe.

Triumph motorcycles is the only product that comes to mind. why haven't they been reduced in price here in Thailand?

I don't know what % of Triumph's manufacturing is carried out in Thailand. I know that a lot of parts are manufactured in Thailand, so maybe that's why the price has not dropped.

Differing exchange rates do not always affect the price to the end consumer. Look at all the foreign products in Big C and Tesco-Lotus. (HP sauce, dairy products from Australia/New Zealand?) You would have expected the price to decrease as the Supermarkets are obviously now paying less for them.

.........but another NuLabour govt may well prove a disaster too far.

Problem we currently face is that the notion Brown can spend his way out of this recession will cripple us

before the truth that it is in fact no solution becomes apparent. The fat Caledonian barsteward would rather suck Blair's dick before admitting to his ineptitude and that stubborness means a devalued £, higher taxation and increased unemployment for an awful lot longer than folk are prepared to believe.

He not trying to spend his way out of a recession as that is impossible to do. What he is trying to do is to make the recession have less of an impact on the population. A recession will last as long as it lasts. I do not think any country has ever spent their way out of a recession.

I am sure we would be in a worst position if he just sat back like the Tories would and let all the banks go under and I am sure that this recession is not even close to as bad as two world wars.

He not trying to spend his way out of a recession as that is impossible to do.

Why is Obama trying this then with his stimulus? Brown is clearly spending never before seen amounts of taxpayers money on the banks VAT relief of 2.5% and social security beneftis aswell as hiring as many people as he can to work in the public sector, you are thick as pigs muck, truly ignorant and a liar to say otherwise

What he is trying to do is to make the recession have less of an impact on the population. A recession will last as long as it lasts. I do not think any country has ever spent their way out of a recession.

He doesnt know what he's trying to do, as you dont know what youre writing, he inherited an economy in pristine shape and has ruined it with his braindead decisions such as taking powers away from the BOE. You really are a brainless Nuliebour voter.

I am sure we would be in a worse position if he just sat back like the Tories would and let all the banks go under

Youre not sure of anything, but i am sure your kids will be paying for this mess that Labour created despite brown personally seeing an end to boom and bust.

and I am sure that this recession is not even close to as bad as two world wars.

This ones only just begun, but such cod philosophy will be heartwarming for the family that every 7 minutes is getting evicted from their overpriced home that Brown made people panic buy.

No im not a Tory, but if you were a Turkey you'd without doubt be campaigning for a Christmas 2.

Edited by sanmiguel

you are thick as pigs muck, truly ignorant and a liar to say otherwise

You really are a brainless Nuliebour voter.

Oh another child on the internet. :D BTW I do not vote Labour not that it has fuc_k all to do with you who I vote for. :o

hi , am pretty new on thaivisa ,

The pound is now 1 GBP = 48.5722885 THB

im pretty sure the thai baht moves with usd , and i have been reading supposed experts on an fx trading site who think that the usd to the gbp will move back to about 1.4444 again soon , if this happens does anyone think that will in turn move the gbp back into the 50thb range?

Seems the end is NOT in sight ! :o

January 22 2009.. Fears as pound takes a battering .The battered pound has fallen to its lowest level for nearly 24 years against the dollar.Fears about the UK economy and the country's soaring national debt saw sterling slump to 1.36 against the greenback at one point on Wednesday before recovering a few cents. It was last as low in 1985.The latest dive in value - which leaves UK tourists facing much dearer foreign holidays - came as figures revealed the country's net borrowing soared to a higher-than-expected £14.9 billion in December.It also emerged that public sector net debt, excluding liabilities from banking bail-outs, rose to 40.4% of GDP, above the 40% target used until recently as the government's sustainable investment rule. The inclusion of the £20 billion recapitalisation for Royal Bank of Scotland sent the figure to 47.5% of GDP.On Tuesday the pound-dollar rate fell below the psychological 1.40 barrier as fears over the latest UK bank bailout and overall economic picture mounted.Analysts are pondering whether the UK's debt rating could now be downgraded - meaning UK Government borrowing could become more expensive. And full-blown nationalisation of one or more of the big UK retail banks remains a spectre hanging over the market.Sterling also remains weak against the euro, with the single currency now worth more than 93 pence.The pound has suffered steep falls against the dollar over the past year since hitting a high of 2.04 in March last year.Copyright © Press Association Ltd. 2009, All Rights Reserved.

Edited by imaneggspurt

OK we are all in agreement the UK is in a very bad position at present, but countries in the Eurozone such as Ireland Spain Greece Italy are in far worse positions hence why their credit ratings have been lowered. The UK's AAA credit rating is not going to be lowered according to a S and P report on Skynews today, so Jim Rogers (didnt he present 3-2-1) is talking out his ass, besides Singapores wholly reliant on finance and shipping of goods..... both these industries are fcuked at the moment so should everyone jump ship from Singapore dollar???? if Jim was so clever he'd have said this 1 year ago ... the silly b(w)anker.

We have as much oil in the North sea as what we've taken out Gordon the fukwit offered companies incentives to do so a while ago, it is just this oil isnt as accessible as whats already gone, weve also enough coal to last us 500 years, which with available technology can be tuned into natural gas. ... the North Sea is also perfect to utilise for wind and wave power, as is most the British and coastline.

We've one of the best transport, medical, eduational infrastructures in the world, weve scientists coming from all corners of the world to work in the UK as its a world leader in Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, I.T etc....

Things may be bad for a few years but i like 99% of other Brits get paid in Pounds, our rent is paid in pounds, most the food we buy can be made and sourced in the UK i.e bread, milk, many fruits most vegtables hence supermarkets can buy it in pounds (no inflation here), drinking water is so cheap it almost free and will remain so.."so Jim Rogers (didnt he present 3-2-1)

Weve a race of people who as can be seen on this forum like to whinge like <deleted> anonymously and do nothing about it, but these same people are inventive, creative, well educated can think outside the box are good at making money and with the help of a government (ie the upcoming Tory one) that will lowers taxes for new industries will no doubt put the platform in place for Britain to become more productive efficient and will see the curreny rise.

Just because expats in LOS are 30% poorer then last year and cant flash the cash like before to impress the farmers girls, doesnt mean the end is nigh.

"so Jim Rogers (didnt he present 3-2-1)

" .......No, that was his brother Ted,. :o

Actually Triumph m/cycles are made in Thailand,prices are kept up by them, not the taxes,they price for the local market,.HIGH........same reason a 125 scooter is almost 3k uk and under 1 here,. :o

Actually Triumph m/cycles are made in Thailand,prices are kept up by them, not the taxes,they price for the local market,.HIGH........same reason a 125 scooter is almost 3k uk and under 1 here,. :o

I too thought that when I saw the current incumbent at the Be gladhanding the Triumph factory folk down at Laemchabang but they in fact are only producing for the Pacific rim market. The European, home and American markets are still the province of their factory in the Midlands.

Anyway, British manufacturing is not as nearly dead as people would wish to believe. It will probably have a renaissance coming out of this recession not least because of the frighteningly low £ and reports that it is defunct are greatly exaggerated. In comparison to the share of GDP that the financial sector had, allegedly near 35%, its 18% is unfairly overlooked and actually that proportion is probably inaccurate in that the financial secor's contribution in hindsight was considered to be erroneous and much inflated by inaccurate measurements.

The £ will recover but only with the early demise of the idiot Brown and swingeing cuts to the public sector spend. In the meantime be prepared for a £ hitting the 35 - 40 bt range and 0% interest rates.

Edited by Kharzi

There is no need to find some weird and complex causes.

This simple article is enough.

Jan. 23 (Bloomberg) -- The U.K. economy shrank more than economists forecast during the fourth quarter in the biggest contraction since 1980 as the financial crisis crippled the banking industry and mired Britain deeper in the recession.

Gross domestic product fell 1.5 percent from the previous quarter, the Office for National Statistics said in London today. Economists had predicted a 1.2 percent drop, according to a Bloomberg News survey. The economy has now shrunk in two quarters, the conventional definition of a recession.

The pound dropped against the dollar and U.K. stocks fell after the report. Prime Minister Gordon Brown said that the government is using “every weapon at our disposal” to fight the crisis. Bank of England Governor Mervyn King says officials may start buying up securities soon as interest rates lose their potency to aid the economy.

“This is undeniably grim,” said Stewart Robertson, an economist at Aviva Investors in London, which manages about $230 billion in assets. “Two or three quarters more like this and you’re talking about depression, not recession. This should hasten activity to address the credit and money market issues.”

Service industries shrank by 1 percent on the quarter, manufacturing dropped 4.6 percent and construction fell 1.1 percent, the statistics office said. Business services and finance, accounting for 30 percent of the economy, contracted 0.5 percent and also slipped into a recession.

It means that as much as 30 % of the total UK economy is virtually bankrupted, will shrink and will be zombified by the gvt... at the tax payers costs... That's a huge burden, liability. Because of course, the stupid british politicians won't allow those financial institutions to die...

One simple question : do you seriously believe that the situation is going to improve on Q1, Q2 or Q3 ? If no, then the GBP will continue to stay deep into the toilets.

Edited by cclub75