Uk Settlement Visa Thai Wife

Hello all. Just wanna get your thoughts on my situation. My wife put her UK wife/settlement visa application into the UK VAC in BKK on the 5th Jan 09. (i was over there with her)

We married at Christmas time and have all the correct docs courtesy of Bangrak office in BKK.

She was over here on a Visitor/tourist visa last year Feb - Aug for 6 months. We hired a Visa consultant in London to oversee the settlement application and supporting docs and basically have 6 months or more bank statements, mortgage statements, wage slips, proof of relationship (3 years), letter from my employer regarding my salary and contract blah blah etc etc!!

I think we have covered everything regarding the application (especially as we had it all overlooked).... my concern is we still have not heard anything as yet. I am back in the UK for work commitments and my other half has had to go back to Udon Thani as we could not wait around any longer in Bkk.

She phoned the number on the receipt today but as we expected, regent house has no idea about the status of the application.............just that it has not come back for pick up!!!

So my concern is it has been 12 working days now.....any reason to panic yet? Has anyone had the same experience?

Assuming the consultant you hired was properly qualified and registered (he would be acting illegally were he not) then the application should be ok, otherwise he would have told you not to submit it.

Although the VAC website says applications should be decided in 2 to 5 days, at busy times this can take longer; 15 days is not unusual for a settlement application.

I posted something similar to this last week mate,

We submitted ours on 30th December.

Still heard nothing back also.

On the tracker it just says "It has been forwarded to the British Embassy"

Also, in my last post, I noticed other people mentioning that they had just received theres, considering it was shut for a number of days over the new year there is probably just a back log.

I wouldn't worry, I'd hope to have mine before yours and when I do I'll let you know here. In fact, I hope ours will appear very soon!

Edit, thinking about it, both our applications probably started on the 5th, probably very busy there to be honest. My situation is almost identical to yours actually, nearly the same time periods too! I did not use an overseer or agency though, didn't see the point. Maybe that's why I'm still waiting though :o

- Shug

Edited by ShugNorris

I posted something similar to this last week mate,

We submitted ours on 30th December.

Still heard nothing back also.

On the tracker it just says "It has been forwarded to the British Embassy"

Also, in my last post, I noticed other people mentioning that they had just received theres, considering it was shut for a number of days over the new year there is probably just a back log.

I wouldn't worry, I'd hope to have mine before yours and when I do I'll let you know here. In fact, I hope ours will appear very soon!

Edit, thinking about it, both our applications probably started on the 5th, probably very busy there to be honest. My situation is almost identical to yours actually, nearly the same time periods too! I did not use an overseer or agency though, didn't see the point. Maybe that's why I'm still waiting though :o

- Shug

Ok Shug, cheers. Will keep you updated mate when anything changes my end. Good Luck.

Hello all. Just wanna get your thoughts on my situation. My wife put her UK wife/settlement visa application into the UK VAC in BKK on the 5th Jan 09. (i was over there with her)

We married at Christmas time and have all the correct docs courtesy of Bangrak office in BKK.

She was over here on a Visitor/tourist visa last year Feb - Aug for 6 months. We hired a Visa consultant in London to oversee the settlement application and supporting docs and basically have 6 months or more bank statements, mortgage statements, wage slips, proof of relationship (3 years), letter from my employer regarding my salary and contract blah blah etc etc!!

I think we have covered everything regarding the application (especially as we had it all overlooked).... my concern is we still have not heard anything as yet. I am back in the UK for work commitments and my other half has had to go back to Udon Thani as we could not wait around any longer in Bkk.

She phoned the number on the receipt today but as we expected, regent house has no idea about the status of the application.............just that it has not come back for pick up!!!

So my concern is it has been 12 working days now.....any reason to panic yet? Has anyone had the same experience?

HI,I WOULDNT WORRY,SOUNDS LIKE THERES A BACKLOG DUE TO THE HOLIDAY PERIOD.I MARRIED MY GIRLFRIEND ON 13TH MAY 08,TOOK ALL THE DOCUMENTS,ETC TO THE AGENCY IN BANGKOK,TONY KIERANS BASED IN ENGLAND,ALSO HAS OFFICE IN BKK,ORCHID OF SIAM,WE SUBMITTED THE DOCUMENTS TO REGENT HOUSE ON A TUESDAY,TONY TOLD US USUALLY UP TO 10 DAYS TO WAIT,SO WE BOTH WENT BACK UP TO THE VILLAGE OUTSIDE KHON KAEN,SURPRISINGLY ON THE THURSDAY MORNING 2DAYS LATER,I WAS SITTING OUTSIDE MY INLAWS HOME HAVING BREAKFAST AND MY WIFE CAME RUNNING OUT TO TELL ME,DALING,THE OFFIT IN BANGKOK CALL ME,I GET VISA GO ISLAND (NORTHERN IRELAND),SO THIS WAS PRETTY QUICK,AS I SAY PROBABLY JUST A BACKLOG BCZ OF THE TIME OF YEAR.I WOULD RECOMMEND TONY AT ORCHID OF SIAM,HE HAS HELPED WITH DIFFERENT ISSUES SINCE I AND MY WIFE ARRIVED BACK HOME,I INTEND ON GETTING HIS ADVICE NEAR THE END OF THE 2 YEAR SETTLEMENT,IE,LIFE IN THE UK TEST ETC.GOOD LUCK MATE,

Hello again all. It was a company in London that overseen everything. They were very thorough. I have no issues with that side really, the checklist was complete and then some regarding supporting evidence. I pretty much knew what to provide as i had been through the visitors visa with my GF now Wife twice before. It was more for reassurance because this is a settlement visa and a bigger deal for us. My worry at the minute is the lack of any news and we are now into the 3rd working week. (13 working days). But as a couple of you point out there maybe a back log after the festive period. So we just gotta wait out. No news is good news as they say!!

n

Hi Mate

When I applied for the fiancee for G/F we sent the information to the embassy on 1st Dec 08 and we did not hear anyhing for 15 days then she had a call to provide another payslip, telephone records for the month of December. After I sent that we still waited another 5 days and she got SMS to collect her passport. We got the visa and it was extremly stressful time.

I wouldnt worry to much it depends on how busy they are at the time any more info they require.

I was worried the same as you mate but hopefully you will be ok.

Good Luck

Paul

No Shug, still no news at all mate. Just sitting tight and trying to not let it annoy me! Which it does if I think about the whole thing too much! The misses is getting hacked off too, so I am trying to keep her spirits up on the phone daily.

Will post on here as soon as we get the nod to pick up at the VAC, regent house.

Take care

Yeah, I know exactly how you feel.. been waking up every morning expecting a message saying it's ready for collection !

It's hard because there are things I'd like to organise but I don't like to plan when I don't know what's going on !

Anyways, I'll let you know as soon as also mate.

- Shug

Hello All. Shug.... we got the message this morning mate to go and pick up. Wife travelling tomorrow morning to BKK to pick up. So tomorrow is judgement day!!! Will post again when we find out the outcome. Fingers crossed.!!!! Whole process in our case 5th Jan - 29th Jan.

Hello All. Shug.... we got the message this morning mate to go and pick up. Wife travelling tomorrow morning to BKK to pick up. So tomorrow is judgement day!!! Will post again when we find out the outcome. Fingers crossed.!!!! Whole process in our case 5th Jan - 29th Jan.

Hi all :o . I am doing a settlement visa for UK. Could anyone clarify about interview wait times, did you get interview just before visa stamp? We have applied for a New Zealand tourist visa for my Thai wife, should I leave all documents with Regent House before we go away for 3wks (pending that visa stamp as well), I go back to England in May. Good luck johnieboy and thanks everyone.

Hi all :o . I am doing a settlement visa for UK. Could anyone clarify about interview wait times, did you get interview just before visa stamp? We have applied for a New Zealand tourist visa for my Thai wife, should I leave all documents with Regent House before we go away for 3wks (pending that visa stamp as well), I go back to England in May. Good luck johnieboy and thanks everyone.

Hi all on this matter I must tell you My wife submitted her application on the 22nd dec 08 and we are still waiting, It is so annoying because we cannot plan anything. surely if you are legally married and all the paperwork is in order and the truth was told it should be just a formallity and visa should be granted.

Might be an odd question, but are you going away to New Zealand for these 3 weeks? If so, how can you leave all your docs at the UK embassy, including your wifes passport AND travel overseas?

Johnnieboy, great to hear that mate, good luck, by the sounds of things she's got it but let us know tomorrow.

I'm still waiting here, I'm beginning to wonder if dating the application for March would have just earnt it a place at the bottom of the pile?

Anyways, nice one mate, (in a way, it's quite disappointing to see you got yours before me seeing as I submitted it before you... but, that's the embassy not you and I wish you all the best!)

hopeful, very true, that's what I was hoping for... did you apply for a specific date in the future? As in a month or so time?

I just can't really understand why it takes so long to process, I understand the importance... but if they take 36 applications per month for a Settlement visa and they have a few people checking them and.... haha.. I digress!

- Shug

Hi Shug, just on the subject of Visa start/travel date, we didn't specify a travel date although my wife was asked at Regent House about this ie "have you booked your flight yet?" and she said not at this stage. They then asked when would you be travelling and she said ASAP. So I really don't know what the crack is, whether like you say it has been put to the bottom of the pile because you specified the month of March.

I will know tomorrow for sure anyway. So will keep you posted.

Cheers.

Might be an odd question, but are you going away to New Zealand for these 3 weeks? If so, how can you leave all your docs at the UK embassy, including your wifes passport AND travel overseas?

Yer good point CharlieB, I was just trying to avoid hanging around for weeks on end,I guess they'd need her passport. Think we'll put application in march and hope its done before I go back in may.

Isn't getting a confirmation of a flight from a travel agent for as little as 150 baht better? It gives you dates and the piece of paper to show embassy and if perchance the flight was booked(if needed), you could just inform the embassy and rebook? I had same problem for NZ because no way do we want to pay ticket prices first(only to be told no visa).

• 2 weeks later...

Shug, she arrived last Saturday to the welcome of snow and freezing temperatures!!!

:D I bet she just loves it here in the uk, just got back from Thailand god it's cold, she will probably be wrapped up in the house like an eskimo not daring to go out :D:D tell her it won't be long to the great british summer week. :o good luck fella

lol, yeah, "It's like a fridge" was the comment I got of my misses last year when she was here! (That was in Summer too!)

She's trying to convince me to join the Aussie Navy! (I'm in the Navy here in the UK)

No luck yet mate, I emailed the embassy last week and was actually quite surprised that they had 'actioned' the email and called her the next day, they basically said that as ours had been submitted asking it to start on the 1st March so they had basically put it to the bottom of the pile and it would be done in the next two weeks.

That's fine, as long as it's not rejected !! If it is, quick visitor visa will have to do as I'm off to sea again in a few months!

Last week was terrible, I traveled by car from Portsmouth to Aberdeen and there was snow all the way up!

It's been quite difficult waiting for the visa to come through though, 29 working days and we submitted it 30th December! Speaking to her, we try to plan things and say what we'll get done when she gets here but then you realise it's IF she gets here and it's a bit awkward!

Plus, I wake up in the morning, tired and grumpy with no mention of the visa in her usual morning message... set's me off in a bad mood for the day!! :D

Anyway, it's all good..... :o

Hey, thanks for caring and checking up Johnnie haha

Hope all is going well now she's here and wish you all the best mate.

- Shug

Edited by ShugNorris