Hiring A Car

holidaze

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can give me a little advice on hiring a vehicle in Patong. I've emailed a zillion of them with response from only one and that was quite cryptic.

My husband and I are going to Phuket in 8 weeks and want to hire a small 4WD for a couple of days while we're there.

Nothing fancy. We have both got our international licences so that's taken care of.

Any info will be most appreciative.

Judy & Dave

If just a couple of days then might be easier to just rent a vehicle from the nearest 'road-side-trader' to your hotel. Any reason you need a 4WD ? Not really necessary, or maybe you want a fun jeep. Before your rent, check out the contract, see what the insurance REALLY covers, you might forget renting. Point out any damage or missing items (spare wheel, jack, tools), and have it written down in the contact. These guys make a lot of extra money extorting fictitious claims. If they don't accept a copy of your passport, just walk away, and find some one that will accept a copy. Often it's better/safer/not much more to just to hire a taxi car with driver for the day.

If just a couple of days then might be easier to just rent a vehicle from the nearest 'road-side-trader' to your hotel. Any reason you need a 4WD ? Not really necessary, or maybe you want a fun jeep. Before your rent, check out the contract, see what the insurance REALLY covers, you might forget renting. Point out any damage or missing items (spare wheel, jack, tools), and have it written down in the contact. These guys make a lot of extra money extorting fictitious claims. If they don't accept a copy of your passport, just walk away, and find some one that will accept a copy. Often it's better/safer/not much more to just to hire a taxi car with driver for the day.

Reputable mob!!! :o:D:D