Thai Airways Cut Domestic, International Fares

george

Is this only FROM Thailand??

I just checked for Amsterdam-Bkk, i February mid week, and guess what??

It is a mere 250,000 Baht plus for a restricted economy fare. The thing is a joke.

Travellers Flights Taxes

1 adult(s) x (4,990.00 + 310.81) = 5,300.81 EUR

total for all travellers 5,300.81 EUR

Edited by harleyclarkey

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about time. Thai Airways has been overrated and overpriced. They don't even have personal TV's on their A330's and 1/2 of their 747's.

not to mention also that the girls aren't as pretty as on ANA or Singapore Airlines.

Ok i'm kidding...

My mother is planning to visit me in Phuket later this year, and I said that I would research prices for flights as I felt pretty certain they would be cheaper to book here in Thailand rather than the UK. Shock horror, they are actually more expensive from here!

The best deal that I could get was with Singapore Airlines, LHR to Singapore, then Silkair from Singapore to Phuket. I have flown Singapore Airlines many times, and am still a PPS member. The service and standards in Changi are excellent, as is the flight from Singapore to Phuket (and the same flight time as BKK/Phuket). No contest. My mum is 77, and whilst she flies long distance regularly (she's holidaying in South Africa this April), I know that she will be happier going through Singapore, and enjoying the reliability and standards of SA/Silkair, rather than Thai.

I was looking a couple of weeks ago at domestic flights from Don Muang to Khon Kaen for 2nd April with Thai (as they are only ones to fly to KK) and was quoted 2855 for economy, today they are 1935 including all taxes for economy. This was on their website (.co.uk) and also via another travel site which comes in at the same price.

:o

Glad to hear that Thai Airways is trying to help people save some money during these harsh economic times.

That being said, I cannot understand why anyone would want to fly on a long flight without video on demand. That is insane, even if there are some cuties working as attendant, I still need my in-flight entertainment.

TheWalkingMan

It looks a joke :o

50% off !!

It's loosing big money from Air agents pockets !

IT's better airplan dont fly than fly with 50% off

it is against economic

and impossible

i am not biritish but as i know many british ppls love thailand

so i checked airticket from london to bkk

and this is invoice :

Fly with Fare Type: Economy (it's cheapest flight type usually)

from London, United Kingdom - Heathrow, terminal 3

1 adult(s) x (3,418.00 + 223.20) = 3,641.20 GBP

total for all travellers 3,641.20 GBP

oops !! you realy give out this big money ?!!

ok!! have a good trip

Glad to hear that Thai Airways is trying to help people save some money during these harsh economic times.

That being said, I cannot understand why anyone would want to fly on a long flight without video on demand. That is insane, even if there are some cuties working as attendant, I still need my in-flight entertainment.

TheWalkingMan

When we booked our flights did not realise that there was no back seats tv's or would not have booked with them, but now they have changed thier aircrafts on BKK to Heathrow they will have them in, so coming home won't be so bad.

When are the prices going to drop?

Just checked and LHR-BKK is the same as last week.

RAZZ

just checked as well,still very expensive flying to britain on eva on 27 for 3 weeks 33000 b thai 47000 b ,if thats their cheap price ,!!!!!

United BKK-BOS is still cheaper than TG BKK-LAX. I'll wait and see...turning purple :o

THAI cut domestic, international prices

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International Plc (THAI) is cutting domestic airfare in between 45-55 percent from market price while dipping ticket price for international routes up to 50 percent, aims to stimulate traveling in first quarter this year.

"This is the first time the airline offers such extra lower airfare," Chris Chantalitanon, director area for Thailand, Indochina and Myanmar , said Wednesday.

-- The Nation 2009-01-21

Book your air tickets here::

http://travel.thaivisa.com

IS THIS A PRODUCT OF GOVT. ACTION?

IS THE ACTION SUBSIDSED BY ANY OFFICIAL BRANCH?

As far as I know Thai is the only airline from LAX to Bangkok that flies directly - no stops in Singapore, Tokyo, Taipei, South Korea, etc. It is a straight shot to Bangkok. The small extra cost is worth it to us. That is why we fly Thai when we visit Thailand.

Last time I flew from LAX "non-stop" to BKK, they switched planes at the last minute, and diverted us, in the smaller aircraft, to Taiwan for "refueling"..... Then I noticed the bastards actually changed the crew as well, and we ended up getting to BKK about 4 hours late.

I complained, repeatedly to Thai - for months - and got the brush off, but I finally suceeded in getting a partial refund, issued in USD from the Los Angeles office.

Shit birds.

We are flying out of Heathrow on Saturday with Thai and I happened to look at their site and the original plane flying back as been changed from a 747 to a A340, as I had pre-booked out seats I rang them and asked if they had re-allocated them and they had but had sat one of us on our own I asked them to seat us in the middle so we could all sit together. I also asked them why they had changed the plane and they said they could not fill them and they had knocked flights off to US and were using those planes.

Also its my hubby's 40th when we fly and I rang them in November and asked if I could buy a bottle of Champagne to be presented to him on the flight they told me I was too early I rang yesterday and told me I was too late!! We are flying economy and I asked if there was anyway I could buy some on the plane as I know they give it to business/first class they said no too much paperwork.

Very disappointed

Last time I flew from LAX "non-stop" to BKK, they switched planes at the last minute, and diverted us, in the smaller aircraft, to Taiwan for "refueling"..... Then I noticed the bastards actually changed the crew as well, and we ended up getting to BKK about 4 hours late.

I complained, repeatedly to Thai - for months - and got the brush off, but I finally suceeded in getting a partial refund, issued in USD from the Los Angeles office.

Shit birds.

While switching flights on you without notice (I'm assuming none was given) wasn't right, changing of the crew might have been due to them reaching their max. allowed work time and is usually done when going to SE Asia with a stop in Northern Asia.

We are flying out of Heathrow on Saturday with Thai and I happened to look at their site and the original plane flying back as been changed from a 747 to a A340, as I had pre-booked out seats I rang them and asked if they had re-allocated them and they had but had sat one of us on our own I asked them to seat us in the middle so we could all sit together. I also asked them why they had changed the plane and they said they could not fill them and they had knocked flights off to US and were using those planes.

Also its my hubby's 40th when we fly and I rang them in November and asked if I could buy a bottle of Champagne to be presented to him on the flight they told me I was too early I rang yesterday and told me I was too late!! We are flying economy and I asked if there was anyway I could buy some on the plane as I know they give it to business/first class they said no too much paperwork.

Very disappointed

Darloknight, just buy a bottle at duty free before you board the plane and carry it with you in the sealed plastic bag. once in flight ask the stewardess to open it and serve you... although I can't recall seeing champagne being sold at duty free...plenty of wine and scotch for sure...

It is still far far cheaper to fly to KL from CM on Air Asia £65, then take a £130 flight one way to the UK. Back home for less than £200! Can't beat that anywhere!! These are their prices for October this year. :D

I asked my travel agent to look at that routing only this afternoon and she came up with 6700bht CNX-KL-CNX and 25380bht for the round trip from KL to LHR. What airline does that leg for £130, and do you have to help pedal? :o

I did a search on the Air Asia website for a one way flight from KL to London for I think the 20th Oct 2009 and it came in at £129 inc tax. Check out their website

Looking at all the negative posts re Thai Airways and seeing who the posters are, I really hope they never fly with The Royal Orchid again!

Having only ever experienced great and friendly service in both First Class and steerage, I can only think it is the traveller not the airline that causes issues.

I look forward to sitting in the departure lounge at the airport, seeing and hearing Thai people - I know then that my next visit to Thailand is starting and I can shed the cares of the west for a few weeks.

So if you are a grouch and have grumpy, grouchy friends, please, please, use any airline other than Thai.

Looking at all the negative posts re Thai Airways and seeing who the posters are, I really hope they never fly with The Royal Orchid again!

Having only ever experienced great and friendly service in both First Class and steerage, I can only think it is the traveller not the airline that causes issues.

I look forward to sitting in the departure lounge at the airport, seeing and hearing Thai people - I know then that my next visit to Thailand is starting and I can shed the cares of the west for a few weeks.

So if you are a grouch and have grumpy, grouchy friends, please, please, use any airline other than Thai.

Duh

thai airways hasn't cut prices on anything, they are still one of the most expensive airlines from lax, have been checking prices since last month. thought jan 20th cut was coming, but china airlines which i flew 3 times has good prices and i had a great flieght each time.

West East,Ebookers and Southall are doing Thai ...London-Bangers-London for £495...r/t.... :o

Still Tooo Peng but if they knock say another hundred quid off then worth considering...anyway for the time being ....495 @ 48 bt /£ is ...23,760 bt (incl tax ) so getting better..innit...

but wots the Beer prices like over there....?

getting used to 99pence...to £1-50 a pint and Falling..... :D

I am officially impressed. Good on them.

Impressed ??

Not me!

A bit of reality is being shown after TG has been gouging us on prices for years.

THAI have been the most expensive carrier on flight BKK - LHR and many people have been voting with their feet. THAI must have seen the writing on the wall and took some action to mitigate the problem.

"I took a flight to Phuket 3 - 4 months ago and the GF and I were the only ones in the 40 seat business class section"

THAI are not taking this action out of the goodness of their hearts. It's because they have their backs to the wall "pure and simple"

To those of you who don't like Thai for not having PVT or AVOD. I haven't been on a single return flight where the AVOD system worked perfectly on either going or returning back home.

I will fly Thai anyday. In fact there is no other airliner in the world I would rather fly.

Ages ago I flew Brussels-Montreal with SABENA 2x/year on some Airbus and always had good working IFE's

I flew Lufthanswurst, Not-So-British, Swisswatch, Qatar and Etihad to Bangkok over 30x and "sometimes" experience IFE problems, way better that NO IFE....

As for Thai flew them business class last time BKK-FRA 17 may 2000, total crap and no IFE, never flew them again after you "sat" for 12h in their crappy business class seat.

Just checked them on the dates of my next business class trip April/May 2009: 177.100 Baht+ Tax

It's a joke. I booked on Ethad last week, 75k tax included, B777/300ER, seat pich 224cm!!!, huge AVOD

Was checking my domestic flights in/out BKK lately: was 7.xxx on Thai, now 5.100 after this announcement, still can fly for around 2.000B with Air Asia or 2.700B with Nok Air, timing is better with Nok. Doubt Thai will get my busniess any time soon. :o

Edit: flew China Airlines business once, BKK-AMS, also crap.

Edited by tartempion

I fly BUSCLASS bKK-MAD-BKK A LOT, but have finished with Thai. The planes are old, and the seats don't flatten down. As you say, the video is in the armrest, and these are inefficient. They are also a bit tight with drinks. After giving u 2 glasses of red, they frown at you if u want more.

The price is now 120,000 or even more.

Last time I flew Qatar. The 1 hour stop in Doha was quite OK.

Food, seats, drinks and nice staff all 5 star. New planes. Gourmet food. 78,000b not 120,000! Thai never again. Bye-bye Thai. This smooth as silk and high image is all BS. Check who is in the top 5 airlines--Qatar is. Even Malaysia Air is better than Thai.

P