Where To Replace A Toshiba Notebook Screen?

tiger tanaka

Hi all

A cat jumped off the curtain rod and smacked my notebook. The LCD screen is broken inside. Useless. I would like to replace it if possible. Still a pretty good computer. I just need a 14 inch WXGA screen to go inside the lid.

Here in Chanthaburi they said I could have it done for about 10k baht, but at Pantip Plaza which made me wonder if it is worth it. However, I found the screen I need for sale in the States for 80 bucks.

Does anyone have a realistic price idea for here, and if reasonable, where would I pick one up?

Thanks much

TT

Hi all

A cat jumped off the curtain rod and smacked my notebook. The LCD screen is broken inside. Useless. I would like to replace it if possible. Still a pretty good computer. I just need a 14 inch WXGA screen to go inside the lid.

Here in Chanthaburi they said I could have it done for about 10k baht, but at Pantip Plaza which made me wonder if it is worth it. However, I found the screen I need for sale in the States for 80 bucks.

Does anyone have a realistic price idea for here, and if reasonable, where would I pick one up?

Thanks much

TT

Cost app. 4-5000 at Pantip Plaza or Zer Rangsit

Have a 15" Toshiba notebook that fell (about 20cm - but enough....). Had screen replaced at the Toshiba Repair Center in Bangkok. Fast service. Cost a lot higher than other suggestions in this thread - just over 11,000 Baht.

Info: Toshiba IT Product Service Center, 0-2513-1285

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that for those who may have a similar problem I ended up ordering a new screen through Ebay for 68 dollars. I got the screen, a new keyboard and five day shipping to Chanthaburi from NY for 98 US dollars. The screen is perfect, a quality LG replacement (the previous was made by Phillips I noticed). Anyway, seemed cheaper and saved me a trip to BKK, which is always good.

I had the screen problem with my Toshiba. Brought it to the Toshiba shop and was advised that: 1. it is not included in the guarantee and 2. to get a no-brand screen instead of a genuine one (twice as expensive).

So I went to a decent pc shop in Central Rama 3. They did it in an hour for Bt6,500.

Edited by Jaratpan