Non-b Available From Thailand?

Hey! :o

We're a french couple currently in HK. We're gonna create our company in HK very soon and want to work in Thailand asap.

Is it possible to apply for a Non-B visa with a freshly created company? Is it possible to apply for a non-B visa if we are already in Thailand with a Tourist Visa? Do we need a work-permit?

Thanx for your answers!

1. For your application for a non-B visa you usually need documents from a company in Thailand. Different Thai consulates may use different requirements. Ask the consulate in Hong Kong for details. The general requirements are on the website of the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
    http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492
  2. You cannot apply for a tourist visa in Thailand after arriving in Thailand. You must apply at a Thai consulate, and these consulates are outside Thailand.
  3. If you want to work in Thailand you need to be employed by a company in Thailand and get a work permit.

--

Maestro

Yes, a non-B.

Doing business will be possible, but working not. So don't start a firm to make website's in SG and make them in Thailand.

I'm sorry but i'm afraid of not understanding what you wrote...

You mean that i can seal contract for website but i'm not allowed to code them in Thailand?

Yes, a non-B.

Doing business will be possible, but working not. So don't start a firm to make website's in SG and make them in Thailand.

I'm sorry but i'm afraid of not understanding what you wrote...

You mean that i can seal contract for website but i'm not allowed to code them in Thailand?

He meant HK not SG.

You need a work permit to work. Writing code is work.

Also a non-b visa is meant to be soley for entering the county making sales calls and etc. and then leaving on a regular basis.

If you plan on living here you will need to set up a Thai company and get a work permit.