Visa Question

Hello Everybody,

I have been asked for some help/advise with a visa problem. The person resides in the same apartment block as myself. Mabey someone here can help/ advise further.

The details I have are:

The person is female, Dutch National, 63 years, been a widow for the last 3.5 years.

Accident in 1998 , now an invalid though not in a wheelchair.

She has been in Thailand 14 years on Tourist Visas .....getting medical certs from Immigration based doctor. ( 2 months in Hong Kong.....then 3 momths Thailand)

Is fully supported ( rent /food ) by 2 sons.....1 here in Bkk.....( has w/p related visa)...the other in Hong Kong.....soon moving to Beijing.

On her last arrival 2 weeks ago she was granted 30 days visa only.

My first advise was for her to apply for a Retirement Visa.....and she has indicated that 800,000 is way beyond her reach. Can anyone here offer some advise that she could follow up on?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Off road

If her son is on a 1 year extension she can get a 1 year extension based upon his.

See 2.20 of the police order for info. It lists the various types of extensions that can be used to get her extension.

Link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-...ember-2008.html

She may have to get a non immigrant O visa from a nearby consulate before applying though.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Just a few lines to update this thread. The final outcome was that the lady in question was granted a 1 year retirement visa. More interestig was how it was granted. It cost her 32,000 baht through this company : www.thailongstay.co.th and the 800K was covered for her. ( She has very little money herself). In fact her 90 day reporting is done for her.....part of the package.

Thai long stay company also have a banner on the Thai Immigration website. Might be the way to go for a lot of people.

Regards,

Off road

Hello,

Just a few lines to update this thread. The final outcome was that the lady in question was granted a 1 year retirement visa. More interestig was how it was granted. It cost her 32,000 baht through this company : www.thailongstay.co.th and the 800K was covered for her. ( She has very little money herself). In fact her 90 day reporting is done for her.....part of the package.

Thai long stay company also have a banner on the Thai Immigration website. Might be the way to go for a lot of people.

Regards,

Off road

2 Points.

1. If she was applying as her Son's dependant she did not need any money in the bank. So why pay someone 32,000 Baht for something she could have easily done for free.

2. I am not sure on the legallity of the service they provided. It would appear that they loaned her the 800,000 Baht to get the Extension and that she in fact has no money . They do not actually go into details on their website.

2 Points.

1. If she was applying as her Son's dependant she did not need any money in the bank. So why pay someone 32,000 Baht for something she could have easily done for free.

2. I am not sure on the legallity of the service they provided. It would appear that they loaned her the 800,000 Baht to get the Extension and that she in fact has no money . They do not actually go into details on their website.

Hi,

1, She did not apply as her sons dependent......I shall check with her as to why not.

2, Yes I believe they loaned her the money....albeit for a few minutes. Again ....I shall clarify ahen I see her .