Do Chanote Holdings Qualify For Retierement Visa

i will marry my gf this year. i am british and currently am into a 12 mnth O visa. i wish to retire and live in thailand.

having spent much of my cash on aquiring Chanote property holdings, my balance at bank is under 800,000 baht. and my income does not qualify me for retirement visa also.

since i hold the original chanotes and the property has market value around 10,000,000. would this be taken into consideration of my net worth for visa purposes

i will marry my gf this year. i am british and currently am into a 12 mnth O visa. i wish to retire and live in thailand.

having spent much of my cash on aquiring Chanote property holdings, my balance at bank is under 800,000 baht. and my income does not qualify me for retirement visa also.

since i hold the original chanotes and the property has market value around 10,000,000. would this be taken into consideration of my net worth for visa purposes

No it will not. Money in the bank or income or a combination of both.

When you are married you can get 12 month extensions with 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank or 40,000 Baht monthly income.

Another option if you don't get married before you are ready for the extension. For a retirement extension you can use a combination of income and bank balance to reach the 800,000 baht total.

I have removed all posts speculating about the nature of the OP’s “i hold the original chanotes” for being off topic. The plain answer is that the possession of land title deeds cannot serve to meet the requirements of evidence of financial means for the application for the marriage or retirement extension of stay.

This said, I can confirm that foreigners cannot own land in Thailand in their own name. They can be shareholders in a company that owns land, and at least 51% of the shares of this company would have to be owned by Thais, but also this is not germane to the topic of marriage extension.

As there was only one possible answer to the OP's question and this answer has been given, no further discussion is necessary and the topic is now closed to prevent further off-topic posts.

:o

--

Maestro