Taking A Hot Bath

Bangyai

Sometimes, for whatever reason , many of us fancy a long soak in a hot bath to loosen up muscles and shed a few pounds of dead skin. The problem is that most of us, wherever we live, don't have that kind of facility on site. Up until now, the only way I have found of gratifying this desire is to check into an expensive hotel that actually has a bath in the bathroom and a decent supply of hot water ... or use a decent Ahb Ob Nooat. The problem with the latter is that the heavy price normally includes a superfluous masseuse ........well, superfluous if its only the hot water bit you were interested in.

I was thinking of trying a spa but was nervous that it might be pricey and involve the sort of thing outlined here in The Times :

Why real men don't like spas

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_...icle5568468.ece

Does anyone know of an establishment where I can just go and have a hot bath with the gf that doesn't involve all the unnecessary and pricey trimmings mentioned in the above article ?? :o

Don't know where you can take ' just a hot bath ' but I know what you mean about the desire for some hot water. With that in mind I had an electric shower fitted in our bathroom. During the last few weeks taking a shower would have been a really unpleaseant experience as some mornings and evenings it has been really chilly. I can really recommend the investment even though you might not want to use it year round. Make sure you have it fitted by a decent electrician though as some of the village ' cowboys ' can make your bathroom a potential death trap with bare wires showing !!

Most of the sauna establishments will have a hot tub also,at least here in pattaya.And at 150 baht a day including sauna,steam room,hot and cold tub and pool I consider it not expensive.

Please give details of the 150b pr day places - thanks

:o

I'm also a fan of hot baths and always make sure there is a tub and plentiful hot water before I book a hotel room - my record for steeping/reading in the bath is approx 4 hours.

Most of the sauna establishments will have a hot tub also,at least here in pattaya.And at 150 baht a day including sauna,steam room,hot and cold tub and pool I consider it not expensive.

Please give details of the 150b pr day places - thanks

:o

I'm also a fan of hot baths and always make sure there is a tub and plentiful hot water before I book a hotel room - my record for steeping/reading in the bath is approx 4 hours.

Country sauna in soi siam country club road Pattaya is the one I use but most sauna's in the area are in that price range.

To Denim I'll say, thanks for the idea but as nice as a hot shower is it can't match a good soak..

Basjke's 150 baht sounds more the ticket and I agree, not expensive. Pattaya caters better for hot baths than Bangkok by the look of it. Still, I won't be lazy. I'll start sticking my head in a few doors of local saunas to see if I get get a similar deal.

As for chicken legs... :o 4 hours is a tough record to break !! Maybe we should call you Ducksfeet instead. Phew, talk about shriveled skin !! Hard to know where your foreskin begins and ends after a soak like that :D