Sleepless Nights Ahead For Bohpud & Gecko Fire & Threads

NALAK

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well we've got two sets of views,nalak and villasamui.i live within 1 km of of where it is supposed to be located and have n't heard a lot of noise,just last night a distant head banging noise so i dont know where that came from,so will just have to take recon. some time.

the owner told me it is not due to open for another 2-3 months , have to put in concrete roads and car park.

if you are that near you will hear it when it opens.

well we've got two sets of views,nalak and villasamui.i live within 1 km of of where it is supposed to be located and have n't heard a lot of noise,just last night a distant head banging noise so i dont know where that came from,so will just have to take recon. some time.

the owner told me it is not due to open for another 2-3 months , have to put in concrete roads and car park.

if you are that near you will hear it when it opens.

and to think i was going to pay 6 months rent up front for a discount,will sit back and wait.

Am I dreaming or has this topic been //closed// once and mysteriously re-opened again? :o

What's going on??

It will be interesting to see who is right.

It is the bass noise from the speakers from the moon parties that seem to carry the furthest and annoy the most people.

(edit..can't spell)

thankfully SBK reopened it, trust me its there for all to see i cannot understand why lie about it, the route is well sign posted with Gecko flags, the place is there for all to see. i have nothing against people having fun all night but i think the location is wrong and as you say the bass will be nightmare all night and morning. me and the neighbours made it clear to the landlord we all go if it opens so hopefully they can stop it, the same family have closed down every girly bar in Bohpud so maybe they can stop this. i hear there is a meeting with some local residents cheif of police and Gecko soon.

Do you know how many parties there were at Gecko last year?

ONE!!! YES ONE!

On New Years Eve and yes it was a big one and here's some prior warining..expect a big one next new year's eve..

It's the one night of the year when I think everyone can expect it!!

But this is NOT a Nightclub... GET IT INTO YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!

If there's a time when you here noise polution coming from there, then you have the right to have a grievance but until that time

which i can say won't be coming.. why don't you do something more constructive with you're time like having a meeting to get everyone

together to get the road done or something constructive instead of stirring up problems!

Now if you have anything else to say why not go and speak to the owners.. because whoever you spoke to was NOT the owner!!

[

ONE!!! YES ONE!

On New Years Eve and yes it was a big one and here's some prior warining..expect a big one next new year's eve..

If there's a time when you here noise polution coming from there, then you have the right to have a grievance but until that time[/size]which i can say won't be coming.. why don't you do something more constructive with you're time like having a meeting to get everyone

together to get the road done or something constructive instead of stirring up problems!

Now if you have anything else to say why not go and speak to the owners.. because whoever you spoke to was NOT the owner!!

Why were you going to past 3 this morning.That wasn't noise pollution?

Oh & before you have a go at some of the posters here,that they have nothing better to do,some of them are residemts affected by your establishament.They have achieved a fair bit I might add,installing the initial electric,paying for the concrete road you are now using & getting the dirt road graded.

Edited by Rooo

I have a place near there but admittedly don't stay all the time, Looks like a good party from the video link.

If its not all the time would it be a huge problem ?

Is it not going to be quite a chilled venue with the occasional guest DJ and an occasional party ? if so look forward to having a look.

Cant be worse than the bloody market racket or karaoke bars that spring up from time to time !

Anyhow time will tell I guess, if it really is as full on as some suggest im sure it will stop.

A video from youtube about the bar...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Is1q74qtBas

There you have it straight from the horses mouth. They are all looking forward to moving to their new venue up the mountain.

The thought of that awful racket going on until the small hours ? Terrible.

Time to start looking for a new home Samuibeachcomber :o

am all for a good time and may go myself,dont mind the occasional all nighter,hopefully its not everynight otherwise yes i'll be on the move.

Am I dreaming or has this topic been //closed// once and mysteriously re-opened again? :o

What's going on??

It will be interesting to see who is right.

It is the bass noise from the speakers from the moon parties that seem to carry the furthest and annoy the most people.

(edit..can't spell)

thankfully SBK reopened it, trust me its there for all to see i cannot understand why lie about it, the route is well sign posted with Gecko flags, the place is there for all to see. i have nothing against people having fun all night but i think the location is wrong and as you say the bass will be nightmare all night and morning. me and the neighbours made it clear to the landlord we all go if it opens so hopefully they can stop it, the same family have closed down every girly bar in Bohpud so maybe they can stop this. i hear there is a meeting with some local residents cheif of police and Gecko soon.

ONE!!! YES ONE!

If there's a time when you here noise polution coming from there, then you have the right to have a grievance but until that time

which i can say won't be coming.. why don't you do something more constructive with you're time like having a meeting to get everyone

that may be true, but you are still shrill and offensive. You do yourself no favours. Perhaps you should reassure rather than berate the community.

From an event posted today on Facebook

Event InfoHost:GECKO SAMUIType:Party - Cocktail PartyNetwork:GlobalTime and PlaceStart Time:Saturday, February 14, 2009 at 3:00pmEnd Time:Sunday, February 15, 2009 at 3:00amLocation:New Gecko Bar Street:Bophut Hills, Past 9 Hole Golf CourseCity/Town:Ko Samui, Thailand Contact InfoPhone:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxEmail:[email protected]<H3 class="UIProfileBox_Header clearfix">Description</H3>Noi & Gary invite you to join them as they celebrate renewing their wedding vows on their anniversary this valentines.

This will also be a soft opening for the new Gecko as Monks from Bophut temple come up the hill to bless the new place.

There will be a free buffet & music from Gary and special guest djs...

HOW TO GET THERE:

FROM CHAWENG/LAMAI..

TURN LEFT AT OLD MONKEY THEATRE SOI BEFORE BOPHUT TRAFFIC LIGHTS AND FOLLOW THE ORANGE GECKO FLAGS

TO BOPHUT HILLS GOLF COURSE AND IT'S 100 METERS ON

YOUR RIGHT.

FROM BOPHUT/MAENAM..

TURN 2ND RIGHT AFTER BOPHUT TRAFFIC LIGHTS AT THE OLD MONKEY THEATRE SOI AND FOLLOW THE ORANGE GECKO FLAGS

TO BOPHUT HILLS GOLF COURSE AND IT'S 100 METERS ON

YOUR RIGHT.

If this venue and its owners respect the peace of the surrounding area (as stated by the poster who is clearly close to the owner) and the people in it, all will be well in "Paradise". However if it goes in the other direction and the powerful people up there whose living comes from renting their villas, start losing their business, then the people running this outfit will have to be quiet very quickly or get ready to run.

I posted in this vein previously and the post was removed. I can only assumed that it was somehow perceived as some kind of threat or warning. This is NOT so! It is simply a statement about the type of "Wild West" society that those of us who have lived in Samui for many years, know exists.

People living in this sort of environment will simply not watch millions of bahts of income disappear when a few thousand will solve the problem for them. This unfortunately is sad but true! I sincerely hope for the sake of all, that the people who have started this project are able to make a good living out of it without ruining the living of all that surround them, then they will be safe and all around will be happy.

This post is not a threat or warning! Just a hope that sanity prevails in a beautiful but dangerous place.

villasamui

any further comments ??

Can't trust someone with a user name like VillaSamui! :o You get what you pay for.

Well SamuiJens, You should come and see me and we'll talk about getting what you pay for.

My name is Adam, I've built 6 villas in Thailand over the past 9 years.. lived here for 17 years and know a Lot of people.

Come and see me up at the Gecko I'll be there Friday and introduce you to all the owners

and our local friends and family (if you don't know them already)

Can't trust someone with a user name like VillaSamui! :o You get what you pay for.

Well SamuiJens, You should come and see me and we'll talk about getting what you pay for.

My name is Adam, I've built 6 villas in Thailand over the past 9 years.. lived here for 17 years and know a Lot of people.

Come and see me up at the Gecko I'll be there Friday and introduce you to all the owners

Mmmmm! Sounds like if you two are going to meet up, measuring the decibel levels on Friday night could be interesting! :D

Mmmmm! Sounds like if you two are going to meet up, measuring the decibel levels on Friday night could be interesting! :D

The way you talk to ppl, Adam. do you have a Saturday nite special? :D

Threats are unacceptable on Thai Visa and if this constitutes the threat it appears to be you might wish to retract that now.

Threats are unacceptable on Thai Visa and if this constitutes the threat it appears to be you might wish to retract that now.

Sure, SBK, retract it.

And you were the one to come out with "the famous samui lead piosoning" line if i'm not mistaken?

I don't need to make threats.. All i'm saying is go and up there and speak to them yourselves and that's all

how that can be made into a threat i really don't know and i'm out of this boring thread now because its serving no use

to anyone at all whatsoever!

And you were the one to come out with "the famous samui lead piosoning" line if i'm not mistaken?

I don't need to make threats.. All i'm saying is go and up there and speak to them yourselves and that's all

how that can be made into a threat i really don't know and i'm out of this boring thread now because its serving no use

to anyone at all whatsoever!

Nope! That was me! It was in fact deleted when misunderstood, as explained in an earlier post.

Edited by concerned

I don't know the history of Gecko Bar, but it seems like a place that must have had more than two music events each year in the past. The video clearly shows that whatever "club" Gecko was, is going to move up the hill.

I don't think anyone would feel comfortable with pounding bass going all night, even if it was occasionally. I'm not sure how one would go about putting this in the prospectus for a housing development. "Peaceful jungle surroundings occasionally punctuated by throbbing club music pounding out from the nearby Gecko Bar."

"LOVE IT" - FRIDAY NIGHT ON THE HILLS @ GECKO

THE WEEKLY SHINDIG AT THE ALL NEW GECKO

Event Info Host: GECKO SAMUI

Type: Party - Slumber Party

Network: Global

Time and Place Start Time: Friday, February 6, 2009 at 7:00pm

End Time: Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 4:00am

Street: Bophut Hills, Past 9 Hole Golf Course

City/Town: Ko Samui, Thailand

From Facebook ...........................

Those villas next door will be impossible to sell or rent now.... or anything in a 1 km raduis .....

Those villas next door will be impossible to sell or rent now.... or anything in a 1 km raduis .....

Well everyone can go & figure what bunch of lies Villasamui is spreading.

There are clearly two completely different messages being given out here. One by VillaSamui and another by the Gecko crew. Very confusing indeed. Do they communicate at all one wonders? Let's see what happens. If they ride rough shod all over their neighbours in an arrogant manner, they will not last long one way or another for sure. (Not a threat! Just an observation) The length of time they have been in Samui and whatever "friends" they state they have, will not help them long term. Very naive! Lets hope the message that VillaSamui is putting out is the correct version, then everybody will be safe and happy.

careful Rooo! :D he has been here years, built some villas and has friends here :o

are you guys actually talking about the same place?

one person talks about the Villas, the other person talks about the new gecko club?!

I think i have to see the new night club anyways...

Who actually owns Gecko?

Why don't you all go up there and have a drink... Nobody's stupid enough to make a nightclub there!

(though if you keep promoting it like one on here you may actually be attracting the wrong crowd!)

This is one of the most beautiful bar/restaurants on the island and will be surrounded by million dollar + villas (already sold)

Who would build a villa next to a nightclub..?????.

And this is to the poster that's got nothing better to do with his life than bore the pants off people with

this complete cock and bull story..

"Why don't you chill out dude.. because nobody has had or will have sleepless nights!!!"

careful Rooo! :D he has been here years, built some villas and has friends here :o

Yeah, this Adam character also likes to yell :D ..... :D !

Anyone know him?

Edited by SamuiJens

Yeah, this Adam character also likes to yell :D ..... :D !

Anyone know him?

hmm, seems that he built some villas and he has many friends. somebody knows the website of villasamui and the gecko-villa project??