THE WEEKLY SHINDIG AT THE ALL NEW GECKO

Event Info Host: GECKO SAMUI

Type: Party - Slumber Party

Network: Global

Time and Place Start Time: Friday, February 6, 2009 at 7:00pm

End Time: Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 4:00am

Street: Bophut Hills, Past 9 Hole Golf Course

City/Town: Ko Samui, Thailand

From Facebook ...........................

Those villas next door will be impossible to sell or rent now.... or anything in a 1 km raduis .....

Well everyone can go & figure what bunch of lies Villasamui is spreading.

careful Rooo! :D he has been here years, built some villas and has friends here :o

Nothing to be careful about here :D .One is spreading a message on You Tube & Facebook & one is spinning a story.Who to believe? Is one of them not telling the truth? Or merely trying to soften the backlash?

I mean think about it, why build the Bar so far ahead of the villas? It's not just going to sit there idle is it now?

Q Bar's biggest problem was the drive road was too much for

too many small bikers. Tons of fallings and injuries from that steep hill.

Monkey Soi disco.. yeah right not for long, no access, no caché,

no street traffic, it's not like the 99 was a roaring concern down the road.

These places come and go, but with out good frang turn around no real cash flow.

I STILL moved to the far end of the island.

I only get the occasional elephant bellowing in the dark

Are Villa Samui and the gecko nightclub by the same people?

i dont think so as VillaSamui was trying to deny the Gecko place excisited and also trying to play down the fact that having an outdoor nightclub playing techno at full blast till 4 am would not AFFECT the villas next door ... yeah right !

but i do feel sorry for all the owners within a 1-2 km radius as the property price will surly decrease and would be impossible to rent the villa out

• 1 month later...
Are Villa Samui and the gecko nightclub by the same people?

i dont think so as VillaSamui was trying to deny the Gecko place excisited and also trying to play down the fact that having an outdoor nightclub playing techno at full blast till 4 am would not AFFECT the villas next door ... yeah right !

but i do feel sorry for all the owners within a 1-2 km radius as the property price will surly decrease and would be impossible to rent the villa out

Well past 4 am now, I'm really enjoying the music. :o

Have this people any idea what they do to other people???????? A Party at 15.00 OK but not till in the morning with very loud music in this area!!! Gecko I am discontented with you!!!!

Evenement:

LISA LOUD'S 40TH BIRTHDAY @ GECKO THIS SAT

Organisator:

GECKO SAMUI

Time:

Yesterday 15:00

New Gecko Bar

Chinese New Year.... TIME FOR CHINESE WHISPERS IS IT??

Well Well Well..

It doesn't take long for people who know absolutely nothing about this project

to start Knocking it !!!

You must have very boring lives to be waiting to laugh yourselves to sleep at someones demise!!

Who was told that this place is a new night club?????

Have they given you sleepless nights already???

It is in fact a sold Villa project with three 5 bedroom villas, Two 2 bed Villas and Four 1 bed Villas..

The restaurant, club house and bar will be the centre piece of this new Hillside Village which will not be finished

for at least another 2-3 years. The bar is open now while buiding continues to keep in touch with their customers

They are not promoting this place.. It is privately owned and built strictly for the owners, people renting the villas, friends

and regular customers of the old beach resort and nobody else.

They are not trying to pull people up the hill, the flags are there merely to show the people the way to get there!

Dreamfields was a one off party.. and just that!!!

YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU START SPREADING RUMOURS

If you have any quieres about this why not go and speak to the owners themselves??

AHAHAHA, as if that did any good! :o

Apparently Samui is pretending to become the 'winter Ibiza" (sic!).

No pain, no gain...

What do you mean No Pain No gain? You are trying to attract the Hi End market here on Samui,with what? All nighr rave STUPID parties? In my opinion you have to be DRUGGED out of your brain to enjoy it.

But roll on, have the parties anywhere, anytime, by short sighted rape & pillage entrepreneurs & see how you other business people sit here & complain about it. Cash in whilst you can & get out.

I want to see his MILLION US + homes :o wait till I start blasting MY sound system FOR FREE.

Chinese New Year.... TIME FOR CHINESE WHISPERS IS IT??

Well Well Well..

It doesn't take long for people who know absolutely nothing about this project

to start Knocking it !!!

You must have very boring lives to be waiting to laugh yourselves to sleep at someones demise!!

Who was told that this place is a new night club?????

Have they given you sleepless nights already???

It is in fact a sold Villa project with three 5 bedroom villas, Two 2 bed Villas and Four 1 bed Villas..

The restaurant, club house and bar will be the centre piece of this new Hillside Village which will not be finished

for at least another 2-3 years. The bar is open now while buiding continues to keep in touch with their customers

They are not promoting this place.. It is privately owned and built strictly for the owners, people renting the villas, friends

and regular customers of the old beach resort and nobody else.

They are not trying to pull people up the hill, the flags are there merely to show the people the way to get there!

Dreamfields was a one off party.. and just that!!!

YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU START SPREADING RUMOURS

If you have any quieres about this why not go and speak to the owners themselves??

AHAHAHA, as if that did any good! :o

Exactly! You could just tell he was full of the brown stuff. It will be most amusing watching how this next Samui Wild West drama unfolds once the villa owners up there get pi--ed off enough! Good luck to you all at Geckho.

Apparently Samui is pretending to become the 'winter Ibiza" (sic!).

No pain, no gain...

What do you mean No Pain No gain? You are trying to attract the Hi End market here on Samui,with what? All nighr rave STUPID parties? In my opinion you have to be DRUGGED out of your brain to enjoy it.

But roll on, have the parties anywhere, anytime, by short sighted rape & pillage entrepreneurs & see how you other business people sit here & complain about it. Cash in whilst you can & get out.

I want to see his MILLION US + homes :D wait till I start blasting MY sound system FOR FREE.

Exactly, Rooo, never heard of no pain, no gain of the ear, thru musac! But probably mean't No gain, as in their lower extremeties. I'm like Lite beer, out of this place, to many "stupid hi end business ppl, lookin' for a quick buck!!! And ruining a once nice Island :o Should be like the secret beach gigs in Ban Rak, NOW that was good for all!!! :D

Sorry to shatter your illusion Jens, but the secret beach parties in Bang Rak (rather Choengmon, ok) were hel_l for people that live on that road and even as far as up to Wat Plai Laem the bass could be heard.

I feel with Rooo, you have my sympathy!

8.30 am still going.

Rooo

I feel very sorry for you indeed. This can happen to just about anyone, one day peace and quiet and next absolute nightmare.

But I have a suspicion this will not end "quietly" for them in more than one sense of the word...

Nirvana

Sorry to shatter your illusion Jens, but the secret beach parties in Bang Rak (rather Choengmon, ok) were hel_l for people that live on that road and even as far as up to Wat Plai Laem the bass could be heard.

During Steve's command they started in the afternoon once a week every Sunday and finished between 20:00 and 22:00h same day.

just so everyone is clear that party is now the escape club on lake road, been great for that neighborhood (NOT)

take a harden up pill roo. If a night of no sleep is your biggest problem I have no sympathy. Wasnt Samui always known for its backpacking drugs sex and raving since the seventies? Surely you knew this before you came? **flame removed***

During Steve's command they started in the afternoon once a week every Sunday and finished between 20:00 and 22:00h same day.

Birdman,

Secret Garden is a different cooky compared to the secret beach parties that happened for while along the Choengmon road. Two completely different set ups.

Birdman,

Secret Garden is a different cooky compared to the secret beach parties that happened for while along the Choengmon road. Two completely different set ups.

And I DID mean Secret Garden, guess Im get old! :o

Am I dreaming or has this topic been //closed// once and mysteriously re-opened again? :D

What's going on??

It will be interesting to see who is right.

It is the bass noise from the speakers from the moon parties that seem to carry the furthest and annoy the most people.

(edit..can't spell)

thankfully SBK reopened it, trust me its there for all to see i cannot understand why lie about it, the route is well sign posted with Gecko flags, the place is there for all to see. i have nothing against people having fun all night but i think the location is wrong and as you say the bass will be nightmare all night and morning. me and the neighbours made it clear to the landlord we all go if it opens so hopefully they can stop it, the same family have closed down every girly bar in Bohpud so maybe they can stop this. i hear there is a meeting with some local residents cheif of police and Gecko soon.

Do you know how many parties there were at Gecko last year?

ONE!!! YES ONE!

On New Years Eve and yes it was a big one and here's some prior warining..expect a big one next new year's eve..

It's the one night of the year when I think everyone can expect it!!

But this is NOT a Nightclub... GET IT INTO YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!

If there's a time when you here noise polution coming from there, then you have the right to have a grievance but until that time

which i can say won't be coming.. why don't you do something more constructive with you're time like having a meeting to get everyone

together to get the road done or something constructive instead of stirring up problems!

Now if you have anything else to say why not go and speak to the owners.. because whoever you spoke to was NOT the owner!!

Wow great attitude.

I do hope they are using you as their PR & Marketing man.

Class. :o