Sleepless Nights Ahead For Bohpud & Gecko Fire & Threads

NALAK

I was referring to you lot (got it in for gecko) with the "relative peace" poor sucker...

Sorry, that's apart from the Karaokes, Temple concerts, Lake view, loud markets, long tail boats, racing bikes, cement trucks, building machinery, lawn mowers, private house/villa parties, guy with the drill next door, guy with the two screaming bar girls next door, firecrackers, off road bikes, loud people in general, dogs, chickens of course which we all have to put up with.. oh and the occasional gecko.

Sleepless nights ahead? :)

I've lived on Monkey Soi for a long time and can hear all of those annoying sounds most nights and so can all of Bophut, Chaweng, Lamai, Maenam, Nathon..

What's New?

i live on Soi monkey never heard on long tail boat in 9 years. you must have good hearing, lake view on most nights now is it. Nathon hear Lake view, erm dont think so

why do you think people up there in your words have it in for the project, they dont seem to upset buy other developments going on around. Maybe because he is a farang and every thing else you mention is Thai noise pollution. you must have the patients of a saint to put up with all that night after night. lucky guy two screaming bar girls around his house most nights, off raod biking at night time ouch!!!

like your Emotion Nero fiddles whilst Rome burnt. replace Nero and Rome

Nero as the arsonist, so he could build a palatial complex. It is also said that Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned.

You're upsetting a lot of people with your rumors I can tell you sir

Are you suggesting an insurance job? with no insurance? now that would be sensible wouldn't it!

Nobody could get near enough to set fire to their place without getting their leg bitten off and who'd be stupid enough to

do it in the afternoon?

Have you heard of accidents? They do happen and I happen to know that this was one.. So does the fire report if you bother to look.

Accidents are always happening on this island..

EG Let's say you accidentally fell off your bicycle down the monkey soi one day

Would you go around saying you were pushed?

You probably would wouldn't you!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was referring to you lot (got it in for gecko) with the "relative peace" poor sucker...

Sorry, that's apart from the Karaokes, Temple concerts, Lake view, loud markets, long tail boats, racing bikes, cement trucks, building machinery, lawn mowers, private house/villa parties, guy with the drill next door, guy with the two screaming bar girls next door, firecrackers, off road bikes, loud people in general, dogs, chickens of course which we all have to put up with.. oh and the occasional gecko.

I've lived on Monkey Soi for a long time and can hear all of those annoying sounds most nights and so can all of Bophut, Chaweng, Lamai, Maenam, Nathon..

What's New?

i live on Soi monkey never heard on long tail boat in 9 years. you must have good hearing, lake view on most nights now is it. Nathon hear Lake view, erm dont think so

why do you think people up there in your words have it in for the project, they dont seem to upset buy other developments going on around. Maybe because he is a farang and every thing else you mention is Thai noise pollution. you must have the patients of a saint to put up with all that night after night. lucky guy two screaming bar girls around his house most nights, off raod biking at night time ouch!!!

Nero as the arsonist, so he could build a palatial complex. It is also said that Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned.

Are you suggesting an insurance job? with no insurance? now that would be sensible wouldn't it!

Nobody could get near enough to set fire to their place without getting their leg bitten off and who'd be stupid enough to

do it in the afternoon?

Have you heard of accidents? They do happen and I happen to know that this was one.. So does the fire report if you bother to look.

Is it common practice in Thailand for businessmen to take on construction projects without taking out insurance? On the surface, that sounds incredibly foolish. I'm not doubting that Gecko didn't have insurance, it's just that not having it sounds like a bizarre business decision.

Edited by OriginalPoster

What's New?

do it in the afternoon?

Is it common practice in Thailand for businessmen to take on construction projects without taking out insurance? On the surface, that sounds incredibly foolish.

I agree, kinda like riding a bike without a helmet!

What insurance company do you know that will insure an unfinished building?

Maybe we can merge it with an insurance thread and get commision

I agree, kinda like riding a bike without a helmet!

What insurance company do you know that will insure an unfinished building?

Maybe we can merge it with an insurance thread and get commision

I don't know, I'm not in the construction nor the insurance business. I know that in other countries you can get such policies, but of course TIT.

So cocoloco is saying that Gecko has been holding all night parties in an unfinished building with no insurance!!

Sounds even more stupid than I thought.

Well he should know, He's obviously part of Gecko

:)

So cocoloco is saying that Gecko has been holding all night parties in an unfinished building with no insurance!!

They sound even more stupid than I thought.

Thanks for that news.

I think they learned their lesson the hard way without people rubbing it in

Did you know that Gary's wife suffered 3rd degree burns? My wife took a picture of her leg when we went to visit them all in hospital

(which they had insurance for btw) would you like to see it?

post-101363-1266823181_thumb.jpg

We're nothing to do with Gecko's business but are very good friends with the whole family, as are many people on this island and have been for years.

I've listened to enough of your sarcastic, faceless remarks that you know nothing about and I'm speaking out for them even though I've been asked not to!

Anyone else got any wise cracks about the fire?

I don't understand this discussion anymore! The discussion started with the problems of the noise of a nightclub till the early hours in a residential area! Not the fire or the cutted trees! Not the insurance! I was one of the first how was there when the fire started and yes I think to know what ...... but that's up to me. Please go back to the thread! Don't throw more 'oil on the fire' ! I like to live in harmony, life is to short for......

Do the punters that get enticed to these all night events know that they not insured?

What do you think was the first thing they did after re-building? one guess

Look for a more suitable location?

I don't understand this discussion anymore! The discussion started with the problems of the noise of a nightclub till the early hours in a residential area! Not the fire or the cutted trees! Not the insurance! I was one of the first how was there when the fire started and yes I think to know what ...... but that's up to me. Please go back to the thread! Don't throw more 'oil on the fire' ! I like to live in harmony, life is to short for......

Thankyou Yantzen,

Back to the thread

If you were one of the first at the scene, then you must live very close to them unless you were just passing..

Have you personally been disturbed by the noise since they re-opened?

While we're here has anybody on here had any sleepless nights since new year because of Gecko?

Because nobody has complained (about the noise) on here since then and I know they built a high wall along one side to help block sound.

I know that there's no smoke without fire (pardon the pun) and the Gecko have had their fair share of loud parties but I can honestly say as a close friend that once the place is finished (and I mean just the pool and restaurant left, which is already underway) their plan is to be a chilled out poolside bar and restaurant and eventually a resort of some kind.

They've had enough of the parties themselves..They really are tired of it now. They lost absolutely everything they owned in that fire and it's knocked the stuffing out of them! It's just been a case of doing what they know best to make enough money to finish the job. Whether you choose to believe this or not, I don't think they care but i've talked a lot about this with them and have seen their plans and they're looking at live acoustic musicians and chill out djs from cafe del mar etc so i think you should all take a breather... but then that's up to you isn't it

We're nothing to do with Gecko's business but are very good friends with the whole family, as are many people on this island and have been for years.

I've listened to enough of your sarcastic, faceless remarks that you know nothing about and I'm speaking out for them even though I've been asked not to!

What a lot of crock. Why are you so intent on justifying their business or behaviour.

Simple fact you are a friend & so are many more people on the island, wow I'm scared & shaking in my boots I am.

You've been asked not to speak about it? Well why bother? Why is it bothering you that no one is complaining on here about the noise? Leave that up to you to wonder.

As about several things you have mentioned on here, say for example insurance, you will be surprised as how many people we also know on the island & which business they are in, even some hospitals too.

So I would suggest to cut the BS as you call it & the canvassing of sympathy votes . Illegal business has got no place being here simple as that.

Let the discussion die on here,it's better for all concerned , before you get too embarrassed.

What a lot of crock. Why are you so intent on justifying their business or behaviour.

Simple fact you are a friend & so are many more people on the island, wow I'm scared & shaking in my boots I am.

You've been asked not to speak about it? Well why bother? Why is it bothering you that no one is complaining on here about the noise? Leave that up to you to wonder.

As about several things you have mentioned on here, say for example insurance, you will be surprised as how many people we also know on the island & which business they are in, even some hospitals too.

So I would suggest to cut the BS as you call it & the canvassing of sympathy votes . Illegal business has got no place being here simple as that.

Let the discussion die on here,it's better for all concerned , before you get too embarrassed.

You obviously have a personal gripe with them.. But you believe what you want to oak.. Nobody gives a toss about YOU! :)

The thread title may help your understanding. :)

Thumbs up for the harmony part. If only Mr. Gecko would have thought of that from the beginning, could have saved some oil it seems.

What's New?

do it in the afternoon?

fell off the bike a few times always down to excess fluid. i should take the advice and stop posting because you are not helping the projects cause at all. i dont think it was arson at all it was just a link to a guy playing a fiddle, a fire and a palatial bulding. i am sure the thread has lead to extra busines, as they say all publicity is good publicity. the real gripe i have is the Threatening PM i got when i opened the thread. sleep tight i hope the long tail boats dont disturb your sleep. nice emotion in your reply to oak suprised what you are calling him is allowed.

Edited by NALAK

Can't believe this thread is 47 pages long, why don't we have a long thread on the karokes, or the traveling fair (which is louder and more freqent than Gecko parties.

The people moaning obviously have a personal vendetta, and unlucky for you, your actions have backfired as this is great free advertising.

Those put off by noise wouldn't go anyway, and those that like this type of events will now perhaps go and check it out...........

Think before you type.....

lol

As has been said already, no such thing as bad advertising!!!!!!

Can't believe this thread is 47 pages long, why don't we have a long thread on the karokes, or the traveling fair (which is louder and more freqent than Gecko parties.

The people moaning obviously have a personal vendetta, and unlucky for you, your actions have backfired as this is great free advertising.

Those put off by noise wouldn't go anyway, and those that like this type of events will now perhaps go and check it out...........

lol

"As has been said already, no such thing as bad advertising!!!!!!" :):D:D This thread is 47 pages long because of the level of resentment felt by residents having to listen to BOOM BOOM BOOM all night. You just don't get it, do you? :D

lol

And I thought we was all on the same page Co's I'm on page 19 Anyway

First does the traveling fair frequent residential areas, second this is nothing about a personal vendetta, maybe you should go back to page one.

and thirdly would you have thought about the advertising angle all by yourself if you hadn't of read it in an earlier post, you know when you were incognito, not seen a womble reading here for a long time but there are always many readers

Oh and some of those put off by noise cannot go anyway

lol

I did ask if anyone had any sleepless nights since the gecko re-opened but still you

all talk talk talk... WELL?

My last post on here. Yes thank you for inquiring , we have had sleepless nights, especially when they finish around 7am. Dates, from memory, the last 27/1, 2/2, 17 or 19/2 .Does that satisfy you? Now run to your master & get another pat on the head.

I did ask if anyone had any sleepless nights since the gecko re-opened but still you

do you have some new application on Thai Visa i dont, you sick of listening to people on here, me i can only read things on here not hear. talk talk talk well i just write write write, how does one talk on here. not heard Gecko for for a while but those flippin long tail boats in the middle of the night going up and down Soi monkey, well what can i say please please keep posting you represent your cause well. :):D:D

My last post on here. Yes thank you for inquiring , we have had sleepless nights, especially when they finish around 7am. Dates, from memory, the last 27/1, 2/2, 17 or 19/2 .Does that satisfy you? Now run to your master & get another pat on the head.

:D ...oh and me too :)

lol yeah that satisfies me Oakie darling (you don't mind if i call you Oakie do you?)

I saw one of those posters too.."all DAY long" Funny you didn't mention the noise on here at the time?

Must have been those bloomin' long tail boats drowning their boom boom boom out...

Or were you too busy talking.. erm, oh sorry.. writing, erm i mean posting about the "ulgyness" of the new gecko LOL

You know the place? ugly bar just up on bophut hills about 200 meters on the right past the bophut hills golf course

well worth going up there even if it's just to look at the view whilst taking in the uglyness of the souroundings at the same time..

Oh while you're there.. They do fabulous coctails (flaming gecko's my favourite) and a happy hour every day where you can get 2 drinks for the price of one while you watch all the action from the 7th hole.

Did I forget to mention the music? oh yes the music well it seems to do wonders for attracting

the sexiest women up there or maybe they just look so good because of the 'ugly' background.. hmmm?

Maybe i might just have to check that one out again this afternoon.. I get off work early today

You could join me up there if you like Oakie, my girlfriend's away this weekend. I can pick you up around 4pm at Big Joes

I'll buy you a sausage roll

Bring your bikini X

Love to see how you bear up against the background :)