What's Wrong With This News Article ?

Kerryd

Having read it a couple of times and looking at the pictures, it occurred to me that there was some small, almost intangible thing wrong with the article. Not the story itself (Korean credit card scammer caught, blah blah blah).

I don't think it's the fault of the PDN reporter either, though he should have been the first person to notice the problem.

p2.jpg

p1.jpg

p3.jpg

Full Story here: PDN - Updated: [January 24, 2009 ] :: 21:51:33

Can you spot what is wrong with this article ? :o

Kerryd, I would go for the date being wrong - by about a year. :o

The arrest was on 23rd January 2552 not 2551.

(In my years in banking we were aware that it usually took customers up to one month to stop writing the previous year on their cheques)

Edited by Chaimai

AH!!Got it,Well the photo in the paper is not the real photo,What you see is a Thai male who was arrested last year for playing cards But when they searched him they found a bunch of fake credit cards and not playing cards so they just let him go with the fake cards,What happened to the Korean,Well when they got him back to the police station he asked to go to the bathroom and the last time they saw him was on Swampy airport security cameras doing a bit of shoplifting before he got on his flight home.Amazing Thailand...

Shouldn't someone be pointing at the accused?

BINGO !! :D

Thai Police Academy lesson 101, Pointing Finger At Suspect ! :o

It happens in almost every pic you ever see ! This is one of the few where NO ONE is pointing at the guy !

I've asked about the date thing before, and got mixed responses. Some say it changes on 1 Jan, others say it changes with the Thai New Year in April. Good eye though ChaiMai !

Ungabunga wins First Prize ! A free Lap Dance from britmaveric the next time he is headlining at Jenny's ! :D

^ How could 'Howard and his mod (mob?)' arrest anyone when it's been clearly stated many, many times and is common knowledge that they have no powers of arrest?

Where's is 'Howard and his mod (mob?)' in the accompanying photographs.

Where are 'Howard and his mod (mob?)' mentioned in the OP?

Where are 'Howard and his mod (mob?)' mentioned in the referenced news article?

Anyone?

So what's with this Thai year thing anyway?

Do we just subtract 543 from it to get the year every time?

I find that adding one year to the number of the previous year (i.e. 2008 to 2009 or 2551 to 2552) just after Midnight on 31st December works for me :o

I now claim Kerryd's first prize:-

per Wikipedia:-

In 1941 (2484 B.E.) Prime Minister Plaek Phibunsongkhram per decree made January 1 the official start of a new year (so year 2483 B.E. had only nine months). When converting a date prior to that year, check whether it falls between January 1 and March 31: if so the number to add or subtract is 542, not 543.

Wow, I didn't realize so many people would want a free britmaveric lap-dance ! :o

Tell you what, being a little "jai dee" at the moment (doesn't happen often), and the fact it doesn't cost me anything personally, what say we have free britmaveric lap-dances for everyone that has posted in this thread (except for britmaveric himself, though if he wants to give himself a lap-dance, it would probably make for an interesting YouTube video) ! :D