Ubc True Vision In English?

InSiSongkram

I recently signed up for the 1st time with this package for the football really. Is there anyway to get the commentary in English rather than Thai?

Thanks.

You could have got them to set it up in English for you, however on your remote control there is a button that you can press to give the English language commentary. ( I think its about half way down on the right?)

Im not in Thailand at the mo so can not tell you the exact sequence but there are 2 things to do.

1, the quick fix is to press one of the buttons on the remote that allows you to change the language to english.. this will only be available when the game is live.

2, Set your menu on the box to the english language then change the default language to English. So if English is availible it will always select it.

Thanks guys I`ll give that a go JacknDanny if you can remember the exact button let me know so I can give it a try when I get home or anyone else that knows.

I didnt realise it might be this easy. Does this only apply to the sport channels?

Thanks.

Edited by InSiSongkram

It's difficult to give a definitive instructions because it depends on the box they have installed and the remote that came with it.

The button that switches language on the remote usually i think has a question mark on it - it might also be a red button.

Long term though you want to set English as the default langauge (surprised the guys that fitted it for you didn't do this already). To do it yourself you need to press the Menu button on the remote and then find the screen with languages. It's usually pretty self-explanatory and easy to do. If you are still having problems why not contact True?

Done it now all sorted. The problem was the menu settings were written in Thai so first it had to be changed to English and then it was easy to find the language settings, its on the menu button at number 2 for anyone else that has this problem.

Thanks all.

It's difficult to give a definitive instructions because it depends on the box they have installed and the remote that came with it.

The button that switches language on the remote usually i think has a question mark on it - it might also be a red button.

Long term though you want to set English as the default langauge (surprised the guys that fitted it for you didn't do this already). To do it yourself you need to press the Menu button on the remote and then find the screen with languages. It's usually pretty self-explanatory and easy to do. If you are still having problems why not contact True?

Done it now all sorted. The problem was the menu settings were written in Thai so first it had to be changed to English and then it was easy to find the language settings, its on the menu button at number 2 for anyone else that has this problem.

Thanks all.

Now if wew could only get rid of the the three wise Thai men who waffle on at half time on CH 59 and replace it with some intelligent comments and score updates from the grounds we would be far happier.Wont happen of course but we can dream

• 2 years later...

I have the same setup and have got the languages set to English but can't figure out how to get the actual written setup menu set to English. Any ideas?

When viewing any menu, press the button with the question mark on it, on the remote. For normal purposes, this button switches languages when you are viewing something broadcast with dual soundtrack, but when you are viewing a menu, it instead switches the language of the menu.

• 13 years later...

I had a new Truevisions box installed yesterday which i have to say appears to be far short of the quality of the previous box and remote. Well after the True engineer left low and behold i started getting problems and ended up taking out the power/hdmi leads as instructed, problem solved but its now NOT in English language but Thai.

I have no question mark on the remote but do have a menu button, i'll try that but from memory i'm not expecting any success, i'll report back.

40 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I had a new Truevisions box installed yesterday which i have to say appears to be far short of the quality of the previous box and remote. Well after the True engineer left low and behold i started getting problems and ended up taking out the power/hdmi leads as instructed, problem solved but its now NOT in English language but Thai.

I have no question mark on the remote but do have a menu button, i'll try that but from memory i'm not expecting any success, i'll report back.

Well i tried the menu button and found ''language'', it was set to English and i reconfirmed and exited. Then checked channels and its still in Thai.

I'm gonna get the engineer round and he can do with me avidly watching what he's doing.

On 9/5/2024 at 8:31 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Well i tried the menu button and found ''language'', it was set to English and i reconfirmed and exited. Then checked channels and its still in Thai.

I'm gonna get the engineer round and he can do with me avidly watching what he's doing.

Here's a checklist I wrote down for myself following a similar experience some time ago, which may be of help to you:

(1) Press Menu on remote
(2) Scroll down to 6th item (= Setup, marked by spanner)
(3) Press OK on remote
(4) Scroll down to 2nd item (= User Setup)
(5) Press OK on remote
(6) Scroll down to 2nd item (= Language Setup)
(7) Change items 1-3 & 5-6 to English, check item 4 = Enable (if possible)
(8) Press OK on remote

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, OJAS said:

Here's a checklist I wrote down for myself following a similar experience some time ago, which may be of help to you:

(1) Press Menu on remote
(2) Scroll down to 6th item (= Setup, marked by spanner)
(3) Press OK on remote
(4) Scroll down to 2nd item (= User Setup)
(5) Press OK on remote
(6) Scroll down to 2nd item (= Language Setup)
(7) Change items 1-3 & 5-6 to English, check item 4 = Enable (if possible)
(8) Press OK on remote

Thanks for your help, I'm sure i've got a different box and remote to you and its a real problem with Truevisions keep changing these items. I  can't access anything like what you are saying but the good news is i had the engineer around yesterday for 2 hours trying to sort it out and eventually he succeeded by eventually using another new box and constantly contacting his dept on the phone.

Now here's the anomaly the engineer asked to look/operate my other old box upstairs which we duly did and as per the last few years of use my old box has English on channel 600 English Premier League but on the new box its Thai and it can't be changed, this confirmed to him what i have been saying, its an absolute FU !!!!!!!!!!

He stated he could'nt do anything else to ensure English on the new box but i checked all the channels i regularly use and i have English other than channel 600 but no probs cos channel 602 is a repeat of channel 600 and its in English.

Why oh why Truevisions insist on keep changing these boxes and remotes is beyond me but i think i know the reason why.............. THE COST TO THEM and they are looking for the cheapest option.