On The Ranong Visa Run

JimsKnight

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Although it's not the hardest place to find it can be unfamiliar to drivers and bikers who've only visa-ran on the bus previous.

Hope you find the vid useful :o

• 3 months later...

If you are arriving in Rannong by road coming south , keep on the main road, second set of lights turn right, if coming north from Phuket, slip left just in front of the traffic lights, turn left, go all the way down to the end of the road about 3 or 4 mile , you can only turn left or right ,there is a police box in front of you . turn left, go down there about 2 mile keep looking right just as you hit a bend in the road, it bends left a little, you will see the customs house, on the right, go in there get your exit visa stamp pay your money , come out of the office turn right go down to the Garage , the boats are behind the garage , should cost you about 300baht to get to Burma, and 10 us dollars to get visa stamp.there will be about 500 guys trying to get you to go with them to get your visa , don't bother they will scam you , if you really want to be a cheap Charlie just get on the boat run with the locals , its about 40baht to cross one way , hope that helps you ,Or just stop in Rannong and get a taxi to the Andaman club ,its about 1000baht all in , taxi maybe 200 or 300 baht for taxi. from Phuket you can get a bus to Rannong its about 3 hours , there are many Visa runs from Phuket .

Or just stop in Rannong and get a taxi to the Andaman club ,its about 1000baht all in , taxi maybe 200 or 300 baht for taxi. from Phuket you can get a bus to Rannong its about 3 hours , there are many Visa runs from Phuket .

If you are travelling independently the Andaman Club is by FAR the most pleasant way to get a a stamp. And particularly if it is raining, or waves or the sun is beating down relentlessly. The longtailboat ride can be horrible. No cover at all. It is now the rainy season too, so the risk is quite high that bad weather can develop.

Last time I went it was about 500 Baht which, provided you like drinking wine or smoking cigarettes, you can recover in the duty free shop.

Or just stop in Rannong and get a taxi to the Andaman club ,its about 1000baht all in , taxi maybe 200 or 300 baht for taxi. from Phuket you can get a bus to Rannong its about 3 hours , there are many Visa runs from Phuket .

If you are travelling independently the Andaman Club is by FAR the most pleasant way to get a a stamp. And particularly if it is raining, or waves or the sun is beating down relentlessly. The longtailboat ride can be horrible. No cover at all. It is now the rainy season too, so the risk is quite high that bad weather can develop.

Last time I went it was about 500 Baht which, provided you like drinking wine or smoking cigarettes, you can recover in the duty free shop.

I dont know when you last went.. But when I went a few months ago the club no longer could process overstay and my buddy who recently did a run said you can no longer check out from there !! You have to check out at the 'new' stamp out place at the long tail jump off, they put some paper in the passport and you then return to the club..

Cant say if this is permanent, or was only for a few days.. but he said it had killed the club custom and suspected someone hadnt made their brown envelope payment. If that remains the same the club is dead as why go do all the nasty to then go further to pay more..

I dont know when you last went.. But when I went a few months ago the club no longer could process overstay and my buddy who recently did a run said you can no longer check out from there !! You have to check out at the 'new' stamp out place at the long tail jump off, they put some paper in the passport and you then return to the club..

Cant say if this is permanent, or was only for a few days.. but he said it had killed the club custom and suspected someone hadnt made their brown envelope payment. If that remains the same the club is dead as why go do all the nasty to then go further to pay more..

I never needed to bother abut overstay. Always a good boy....

The last time I did this particular run was about eighteen months ago, so apologies all around if they have changed the system. Maybe somebody else has tried recently?

Interesting development, I buzzed through Ranong Pier in January time more than likely the dearth of tourists going there had an impact.

More people watching their baht now can't afford the fringe-benefits of Andaman I guess...