Flaxseed & Red Yeast Rice

uptheos

Does anyone know if there are places that sell Flaxseed and Red Yeast Rice?

not sure about RYR. I think I have seen red yeast rice as a supplement at places like GNC.

I buy my whole organic flax seeds at Baan Suon Pak store. I think Aden might carry it also.

At Baan Suon Pak its 60 baht for a package I think is about a kg. It's sold in foil wrap packages on the shelves along with beans, nuts, honey on the back wall.

BSP is located

419/27 Vitchayanon Road, Chaingmai

Tel. 053233317, 09-4331357

just outside the north east corner or the moat and going toward the US Consulate.

Does anyone know if there are places that sell Flaxseed and Red Yeast Rice?

not sure about RYR. I think I have seen red yeast rice as a supplement at places like GNC.

I buy my whole organic flax seeds at Baan Suon Pak store. I think Aden might carry it also.

At Baan Suon Pak its 60 baht for a package I think is about a kg. It's sold in foil wrap packages on the shelves along with beans, nuts, honey on the back wall.

BSP is located

419/27 Vitchayanon Road, Chaingmai

Tel. 053233317, 09-4331357

just outside the north east corner or the moat and going toward the US Consulate.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply :D

Kasem has Flax seed at B40 for about 500g, maybe more.

Flax seeds are good for you: "Good health requires the right ratio of Omega 3 fatty acids to Omega 6 fatty acids in the diet. The ideal ratio is around 1:2. The average american diet is more around 1:20 to 1:50, with way too much Omega 6 and not enough Omega 3. The ratio present in Flaxseed oil is about 4:1. So flaxseed oil is a good source of Omega 3."

I add it to salads. It's supposed to be ground first (and then tastes a bit nutty) but I've never found out how to do this easily - they are really slippery and defy crushing.

The oil they produce is linseed oil. The stalks yield flax for linen production.

Kasem has Flax seed at B40 for about 500g, maybe more.

Flax seeds are good for you: "Good health requires the right ratio of Omega 3 fatty acids to Omega 6 fatty acids in the diet. The ideal ratio is around 1:2. The average american diet is more around 1:20 to 1:50, with way too much Omega 6 and not enough Omega 3. The ratio present in Flaxseed oil is about 4:1. So flaxseed oil is a good source of Omega 3."

I add it to salads. It's supposed to be ground first (and then tastes a bit nutty) but I've never found out how to do this easily - they are really slippery and defy crushing.

The oil they produce is linseed oil. The stalks yield flax for linen production.

you definitely want to grind the seeds right before you consume them. They have done studies of freshly ground versus whole seeds and the whole seeds provide very very little even when well chewed. Grind the whole seeds in a coffee type grinder a few minutes before consuming. Grinding them also gives them a nice fluffy texture. If you grind them and consume days or more later then the oils degrade and oxidize.

You should be able to get a decent coffee grinder for under $200 baht.

BTW I'm hoping the "You should be able to get a decent coffee grinder for under $200 baht." is B200

that would be a really nice coffee bean grinder and would probably come with a bar girl or house keeper. Yes I was thinking about 200 baht. I bought mine at Tesco but probably good deals to be had at Makro and Carrefour also.