First 90 Day Retirement Renewal By Post

Hi, My first retirement renewal by post is due in a couple of weeks. I can't see anything pinned on the site as to what is required, so can anyone supply me with a list of exactly what I need to send to the immigration office.

Do I need to copy EVERY page in my passport?

Is the postage (return) 5 baht? - I seem to remember reading somewhere it's gone up to 10 baht.

Any help gratefully appreciated . Thanks

Hi, My first retirement renewal by post is due in a couple of weeks. I can't see anything pinned on the site as to what is required, so can anyone supply me with a list of exactly what I need to send to the immigration office.

Do I need to copy EVERY page in my passport?

Is the postage (return) 5 baht? - I seem to remember reading somewhere it's gone up to 10 baht.

Any help gratefully appreciated . Thanks

I think you are a bit mixed up. You do not do retirement renewals by post. I hope you are talking about your 90 day address report. All you need on here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/90-Day-Repor...20#entry2489920

Forgot to write... this is my first 90 report by post. Also, as requested by George in the pinned section, I'm British and 54 years old, currently on my first retirement visa, and I have a multiple re-entry permit.

OK, I just got my Receipt of Notification (Staying Longer than 90 Days) back today. I sent it in via registered mail on 7 Jan 09. It is obvious that the instructions on this website is outdated. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days Below is a paper that came inside the envelope.

This is for all who wants to mail in the Documents to Notify of Staying Longer Than 90 Days:

1. Photocopy of the photo page of your passport.

2. Photocopy of your current visa (last visa) on your passport.

3. Photocopy of your Departure Card (TM.6)

4. Photocopy of the Last Entry Stamp.

5. ORIGINAL of Receipt of Notification.

6. ORIGINAL of your new 90 Days Registration Form. Don't forget to sign your name. (TM.47)

7. A stamped, self-addressed envelope to receive your new receipt. (10 Baht stamp attached.)

Procedure:

Send Registered mail to:

90 DAYS REGISTRATION

Room 206 Immigration Bureau

SOI Suanplu, South Sathorn Rd.

Sathorn, Bangkok 10120

Please allow at least 1 week for delivery of registered mail. Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old form. Important: Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. You must come to the nearest Immigration Office or Room 206 Immigration Bureau in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht. To receive a blank Registration Form, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the address above. Request Form TM.47

Immigration Officer

Hi Lite Beer,

I copied the above from the page you suggested. What is the ORIGINAL of receipt of notification?

I assume that the ORIGINAL of the new 90 days notification form is the TM 47. Is this available for download?

It appears that Immigration now do not require a copy of the Arrival card, which I understand used to be required.

Thanks again.

Everytime you make a 90 day report immigration will give you he bottom part of the form, stating that you have made your report and when your next report is due. The original of this proof, the receipe, you will have to send back.

Since this is your first report, you don't have one and can just forget about this. From your pasport immigration will understand this is your first report.

By mail they send it back, that is why you ned to provide for a return enveloppe with stamp.

Thanks for your help, Lite Beer & Mario 2008. Hope you chaps have a good night.

This is probably a stupid question but. As your extension expires in May and this is your first 90 day report do we assume that you have been exiting the country before you ever reached 90 days?

tm47

Hi Lite Beer, I'm going to need to do my first 90 reporting in a month or so. I've tried your link to the form, and I can download fine, but my Mac doesn't like it - Word for Mac shuts down when I doubleclick on the download.

Any chance you could PM me with a jpeg? If not, or easier to direct me elsewhere (be nice, now lol), feel free. Thanks

Thanks for your help, Lite Beer & Mario 2008. Hope you chaps have a good night.

This is probably a stupid question but. As your extension expires in May and this is your first 90 day report do we assume that you have been exiting the country before you ever reached 90 days?

No, it's not a stupid question. As you probably answer thousands of stupid questions from chaps like me throughout the year, it seems only fair to be able to ask one in reply. :o

I got my first retirement visa in May 2008, along with a multiple re-entry visa. I had a buyer for my house in the UK in late July , so we went back there. After many, many, many, weeks of delays, the sale fell through. We came back to Thailand mid November, so I am now approaching my first 90 day report.

Hope this clears up your question, and thanks again for your help.

I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that the Easter period will see a pick up on the housing market, which is why I made the enquiry I did on the other topic.

Sorry for the slight delay in replying, my CPU fan is playing up, and the computer freezes every now and then. There's a new one on order, but it's delayed by the Chinese New Year, according to the computer chap near where we live.

tm47

Hi Lite Beer, I'm going to need to do my first 90 reporting in a month or so. I've tried your link to the form, and I can download fine, but my Mac doesn't like it - Word for Mac shuts down when I doubleclick on the download.

Any chance you could PM me with a jpeg? If not, or easier to direct me elsewhere (be nice, now lol), feel free. Thanks

Try here. Every Immigration form you will ever need. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-Immigra...um=10&st=10

Or here is tm47 PDF

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sorry to bother you chaps again.

I sent off for my 90 day renewal on the 10th February, as the 90 days expired on Friday the 13th. (oh no !!)

I did intend to send it on the 9th, but I hadn't realised it was a Bank Holiday.

I sent all the documents asked for :

TM47, photo page of passport, latest entry into Thailand (Nov 15 2008) , retirement visa page, re-entry visa page, departure card copy, along with a covering letter, explaining that this was my first renewal.

I also sent an SAE (written in English), with a 10 Baht stamp. All of this was sent by registered post.

Thankfully, the chap in our local post office gave me a receipt, which is dated the 10th February, gives the postcode the letter was sent to (TH 10120), and on which he has typed "90 day reporting form".

As of today (23rd February), I have not had anything back.

I normally get regular post written in English, delivered OK, so I don't think that's the problem.

We've spent this morning on the phone to the office at Suan Plu, (02-285-5142), but that number says there is a problem with their line.

We also tried 02-287-3101/10, but these are not working properly either. :o

I would welcome any advice on what to do.

Does it normally take a long time to get the completed form sent back?

Should I change my TV sign-on name to "man with a black cloud over his head"? :D

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Be patent. It's been reported to take a much as 4 weeks to get it back.

If you sent it registered mail you should of gotten a card back with the date it was delivered and the persons name that signed for it. Even that can take several days to get back to you.