1 Year Retirement Extension

I'm in Thailand from Canada on a 90 day non-immigrant O visa, and I'm staying here for 4 months this trip. I entered Thailand at the end of November, and once I've been here for around 69 days (90-21) I will be applying for a 1 year retirement extension, being over 50 and having a qualifying pension income, and have a few questions related to my extension.

1) Will the 1-year extension begin from the end of my 90 day visa expiry or the date I apply for the extension?

2) I intend to return to Canada for about 7 months at the end of March, obtaining a re-entry permit before I leave, returning to Thailand again around next November for another 4-6 months... and do the same thing each year after that... will I be able to apply for the 1-year extension each year in the last 21 days of the 1-year period without requiring another visa?

Question 1 was not a Yes or No one.

1) Will the 1-year extension begin from the end of my 90 day visa expiry OR the date I apply for the extension?

:o

1. Yes

2. Yes

When you have your annual extension of stay, get a re-entry permit from an immigration office before you leave Thailand to keep that permission to stay alive.

--

Maestro