3 X 60 Day Tourist Visas, Not Enough, What Can I Do?

Hi guys, I bought 3 tourist visas from the Thai consulate in UK, Liverpool. I did a visa run to Hong Kong which means taking up my second visa. I'm a Hong Kong resident aswell as holding a UK passport.

So my question is, what can I do after my 3rd visa is finished? Does this mean I have to stay out of Thailand for a certain period of time before I can return? Or is there a way to get around this?

Cheers.

You can extend your 60 day entries for 30 days at immigration (1900 baht).

If you want to make a short trip out you can get a re-entry permit at immigration (1000 baht) that would you allow you to leave and re-enter as long as your current permit to stay.

When your current visa is used up you can apply for another one without any problem. There is no rule saying you have to stay out of the country.

There was an old rule ( gone since Nov. 2008) that limited the entries without a visa. There has never been a rule limiting the time spent on visas.

Hi guys, I bought 3 tourist visas from the Thai consulate in UK, Liverpool. I did a visa run to Hong Kong which means taking up my second visa. I'm a Hong Kong resident aswell as holding a UK passport.

So my question is, what can I do after my 3rd visa is finished? Does this mean I have to stay out of Thailand for a certain period of time before I can return? Or is there a way to get around this?

Cheers.

If you want to get another tourist visa you will have to go to a Thai Embassy/consulate but only Cambodia and Laos of the neighbouring countries will even give 2 entries on a tourist visa. For a 3 (or 4) entry tourist visa I think you would have to go back to UK.

The good news is the embassies/consulates usually issue them overnight so, in theory, you only need to stay out of Thailand for 1 night, assuming you dont arrive on a friday evening!

In practise, this is usually a minimum of 2 or 3 nights because of flight/bus times etc.

Chances are I will be running to HOng Kong and back most of the time. Any idea on how many visas I can get from there?

cheers.

Next time just ask for a multiple tourist enty visa, that's it

And if you are confused,,, why not ask the Thai Embassy Staff???????? Is that so difficult????

Cheers

B

And if you are confused,,, why not ask the Thai Embassy Staff???????? Is that so difficult????

Cheers

B

There is no multiple tourist entry visa. A tourist visa always has a specified number of entries, ranging from 1 to 4.

For reports on tourist visas in HK look here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Tourist-Visa...39#entry2268239

Cheers

B

There is no multiple tourist entry visa. A tourist visa always has a specified number of entries, ranging from 1 to 4.

Yes. There is no such thing.

Cheers

B

who say that?? there is multiple entry visa ( 3 enrty and can more ; depense where apply ) i have it..

A multiple visa means an unlimited number of entries within the time the visa is valid. To make a distiction with a tourist visa, which are limited, we speak of a single or double entry tourist visa to avoid confusion.

While I can understand what you meant, it might lead to confusion with others. To avoid that I correct that.

Cheers

B

You need to look up the meaning of the word "multiple".Almost all tourist visas are multiple-meaning(for you at least) more than one (1).To quote you,

"Is that so difficult"?"There is no multiple tourist visa", is hilarious.

To Mario-yes,for him in the strictest sense of the word.Thanks for clarifying for the n00bs.

Edited by LTGTR

Cheers

B

You need to look up the meaning of the word "multiple".Almost all tourist visas are multiple-meaning(for you at least) more than one (1).To quote you,

To Mario-yes,for him in the strictest sense of the word.Thanks for clarifying for the n00bs.

Try going to an embassy or consulate and ask for a multiple entry tourist visa and see what they say.

Thye will tell you there is no such thing.

You get a tourist visa with X number of entries.

Yes multiple means more than one in the dictionary. But in this case it does not apply. It means unlimited.

Just one point. Make sure you know when the visa itself expires (could be 3 months or 6 months after it was issued) as you if you re-enter Thailand after that any unused entries are useless.

Cheers.

Cheers

B

Mario is quite correct.

Whatever your dictionary may say, only Non Immigrant visas have a Multiple option.

Tourist visas are Single Double or Triple.

Cheers

B

Mario is quite correct.

Whatever your dictionary may say, only Non Immigrant visas have a Multiple option.

Tourist visas are Single Double or Triple.

Or very rarely quad.