Pattaya Festival Supermarket And Mall

craigrs

Very nice mall, and Supermarket.. make sure you bring tons of baht.. Your going to find things you want to buy ! :D

I bought some olives,great sandwich and a few other things..

you?

For sure bring tons of baht as everything costs 3 times more then anywhere else.

Nonsense! The prices compare favourably with Foodland and Villa.

Here's an interesting comparison.

Norwegian smoked salmon (vacuum packed), 100 grams:

Villa = 95 baht

Central (new supermarket) = 130 baht

Foodland = 222 baht

All the yogurts, milk, cheeses etc were around the same prices as other supermarkets around town.

I'll sure you'll find more expensive items if you look around, but you'll find cheaper ones too.

If you're looking for smoked salmon, go to the Finish guy in Soi Siam Country Club. Home smoked with wood imported from Finland. Cannot get any better around here.... :o

No idea about the price, but it must be reasonable as I bought there many times.

Nonsense! The prices compare favourably with Foodland and Villa.

Here's an interesting comparison.

Norwegian smoked salmon (vacuum packed), 100 grams:

Villa = 95 baht

Central (new supermarket) = 130

Foodland = 222 baht

I buy in Tesco Lotus, Big C or Carrefour! :o

They are a far lower standard of supermarket and the selection of imported foods is small in comparison. It's not a valid comparison.

Personally I hate shopping at those 3 (especially Big C) even if prices are a bit lower. Each to their own.

In FRIENDSHIP Supermarket, Belucky Cheese Sausages are 115 Baht, but in Bic C, Pattaya Tai, they are 150 Baht and have been for 6 months or more....

I like Foodland, Villa and Friendship. The quality of meat in Big C is so bad I will not buy it there. I have yet to try the new "Super Mall"

No they don't. Their whole roasted chicken was 260 baht. Villa last time I checked 140 or 160.

Sorry I got the price wrong last time. I had another look at the roast chickens again today at the Central Money Hole.

They were not 260 baht,

They were 350 baht. And no they were not any bigger than what you can get at Tesco for 100 baht.

Another example, this time comparing to Friendship, bunch of non organic brocolli 90 baht, Friendship 25 baht for a bigger portion.

Sorry, the prices at Central are ridiculous. Its higher than restaurant prices for roast chicken.

Also a common cereal I buy, 25 percent higher than other stores at the Central Money Hole.

Throw your money away if you like, but do it with your eyes open.

Edited by Jingthing

No they don't. Their whole roasted chicken was 260 baht. Villa last time I checked 140 or 160.

Sorry I got the price wrong last time. I had another look at the roast chickens again today at the Central Money Hole.

They were not 260 baht,

They were 350 baht. And no they were not any bigger than what you can get at Tesco for 100 baht.

Another example, this time comparing to Friendship, bunch of non organic brocolli 90 baht, Friendship 25 baht for a bigger portion.

Sorry, the prices at Central are ridiculous. Its higher than restaurant prices for roast chicken.

Also a common cereal I buy, 25 percent higher than other stores at the Central Money Hole.

Throw your money away if you like, but do it with your eyes open.

When you post you cannot help but reply in an insulting manner.

You have to be right. You were so upset about being wrong you had to make a special trip to Central to find some articles that were more expensive than Friendship. Well done!

I don't like Friendship. I DON'T SHOP AT FRIENDSHIP! I also don't shop at Tescos, so I cannot make price comparisons with these stores.

On my two shopping sprees to Central I paid the same prices as what I would have paid for the same items at Foodland , give or take a baht or two.

The roasted chickens I saw when I went there were huge. I had my eyes wide open at the time. It wasn't an illusion because my gf saw the same chickens too. I actually called my gf over to see them because they were exceptionally large and I wanted to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

Now it's pretty obvious you don't like the new supermarket, so to save yourself anymore further heartache why not just stay away.

Actually I went there because I was at the mall anyway and I wanted to browse to see if there were any items that interested me that I couldn't find anywhere else. I didn't find any but I am sure I will have more looks in the future, if that is OK with you. I agree they have good sized chickens, same size as Tesco though which also has good sized chickens, both stores cook them in spices. I wouldn't be surprised if Central's spicing was better, it had better be for that price. I also shop at Foodland sometimes. I find them quite reasonable compared to Villa and Central Money Hole. I am amazed you think the Hole is price comparable to Foodland, it may just be the unique basket of stuff that you buy, I think its a fluke. For example, imported avocados at Foodland are usually about 50 baht, Money Hole was 80 or 90 baht. The only reason I can see for throwing money away like that for the exact same commodities is time and convenience. I know many people shop in one place because they don't have time to shop around.

There is nothing wrong with having markets for rich people and markets for those looking for more value for their money. But its absurd to deny what they are.

Edited by Jingthing

Actually I went there because I was at the mall anyway and I wanted to browse to see if there were any items that interested me that I couldn't find anywhere else. I didn't find any but I am sure I will have more looks in the future, if that is OK with you. I agree they have good sized chickens, same size as Tesco though which also has good sized chickens, both stores cook them in spices. I wouldn't be surprised if Central's spicing was better, it had better be for that price. I also shop at Foodland sometimes. I find them quite reasonable compared to Villa and Central Money Hole. I am amazed you think the Hole is price comparable to Foodland, it may just be the unique basket of stuff that you buy, I think its a fluke. For example, imported avocados at Foodland are usually about 50 baht, Money Hole was 80 or 90 baht. The only reason I can see for throwing money away like that for the exact same commodities is time and convenience. I know many people shop in one place because they don't have time to shop around.

There is nothing wrong with having markets for rich people and markets for those looking for more value for their money. But its absurd to deny what they are.

Hey, we're both up at 4:25 am! :o I just woke up and I'm off to the gym. What's your excuse?

I do shop selectively and watch prices carefully as I'm not rich. There are many items at Foodland I wouldn't touch...for example their 222 baht/100 g smoked salmon. For that I get the best price at Villa.

Edited by tropo

You're right, the big roast chickens are now going for 349 baht. 260 baht must have been their opening special.

They're big, but not big enough to be worth 349.

Sorry, just bored. :o Time to get down to the gym.