At&t

Miami Bob

If you have the original TT&T supplied Huawei modem/router, type in the following address in your browser.

http://192.168.1.1

Then you will see a prompt for username which is admin and password which is ttt. NB this is the username and password for the router setup, NOT your new service username and password.

This launches the router setup and one of those pages tabbed on the left side will open a page that shows your OLD service username with password masked. Enter you new service username and password and click the 'accept' or 'save' button at the bottom of the sheet. The router will reset with your new settings.

That's from memory last month after I upgraded my service using the Huawei router from TT&T. If you have your own router or an older one, I don't know the setup username/password but try admin for username with blank password as this seems to be a fairly generic default setting for other brands.

They should have given you a date when upgrade will be effective. For some reason they expired my new service username and password after only 2 weeks and I had to go to the TT&T shop to get a new one.

NanLaew,

Thank you. I forgot to mention my router was supplied by TT&T and is a Billion BIPAC 5102S

My effective date starts Feb. 1 and they said not to enter the new info before then.

I'll see what I can do with the info you so generously took the time to give me.

Bob

OK Bob.

Your router manual is here.

Note that it's setup address is http://192.168.1.254 and the default username/password is admin/admin

There's always a chance that TT&T had these configured with ttt as the password like they do with Huawei routers; you can try that if admin doesn't work.

I also note that this router is discontinued. How long ago did you get it from TT&T?

Good luck!

I got it done but I must say it's not all that faster for almost twice as much Baht per month. Oh well! Thanks for you time.

Bob

The difference may not be instantly visible. The reason I upgraded was every evening and particularly at weekends, the throughput would slow to a crawl and even become unavailable for hours. Then I read a good explanation here on the difference between the Indy and Premier services and reckoned the new internet cafes nearby may be on the same Indy subscriber loop and eating the bandwidth. There's been no slowdowns and outages since I turned Premier (apart from when the yanked my username/password) so although the quoted speeds don't look too radically different on a speed test, I do think I have a bigger 'pipe' now.

Initially I wanted to change to a higher Premier service but the sales girl suggested that I try something closer to the Indy service in case it didn't readily solve my problem and to save me money. I thought that was a nice touch as she could easily have sold me the higher package with higher income for them and no benefit to me. That was the TT&T service desk inside Carrefour in Pattaya btw.