New Places To Eat In Pattaya

SirPaul

There are many new eating places popping up in Pattaya, the credit crunch has yet to hit. Before they start closing :o , have any of you tried anywhere new that is any good?

The ice cream bars in walking street are worth a visit.

The godfather italian restuarant in walking street is under new ownership, but I still like it, although it is a little expensive.

let us know if you have tried any new places and what you think of them.

Royal Indian Hut a very new place on Pratumnak just to the right of the Beverly Hotel, South Pattaya.

Very good Indian food, great tandoori nan, lovely modern decor, low prices, what more could you want?

I have spoken before about the non-dim sum Chinese food items on offer at the Canton House on a high floor of the new Central Mall. Being a major chain, they aren't in much danger of going out of business though.

Edited by Jingthing

There are many new eating places popping up in Pattaya, the credit crunch has yet to hit. Before they start closing :o , have any of you tried anywhere new that is any good?

The godfather italian restuarant in walking street is under new ownership, but I still like it, although it is a little expensive.

Yes the ice cream bars are nice...especially after drinking.

To tell the truth I have become a little more cynical after 11 months here - 9 out of 10 new

places I try are poor and/or overpriced. Now I wait for someone else to review first...

:D I love the big, imported Fish Filet (NZ Dory) they serve every Friday at Diana Oasis (Diana-Estate) for only 158.--Baht. Great, healthy food in a very nice, tropical setting. If you don't have friends staying in the Estate, just tell the security guard: "Going to Oasis-Restaurant", and they let you in.

When I feel Japanese, Fuji is still an old favorite....

Enjoy! John

Edited by johnlexo

New places need support but many can be bad. Finding a new place that is good makes you want to keep going back for you do not want it to close.

There is a place called "The Cafe" off Soi Boukouw, a soi on the left as you come in from Pattaya Klung.

I have spoken before about the non-dim sum Chinese food items on offer at the Canton House on a high floor of the new Central Mall. Being a major chain, they aren't in much danger of going out of business though.

Yes, highly recommended. There seems to be a lot of Japanese places there as well.

I would say the most interesting and hottest new restaurant in town would be Shabushi on the 6th floor of the new shopping center (Central Festival Pattaya Beach). If you get there before 5pm you should be able to get a seat without a long wait.

New places need support but many can be bad. Finding a new place that is good makes you want to keep going back for you do not want it to close.

There is a place called "The Cafe" off Soi Boukouw, a soi on the left as you come in from Pattaya Klung.

Yes, highly recommended, thanks for the heads-up!

I would say the most interesting and hottest new restaurant in town would be Shabushi on the 6th floor of the new shopping center (Central Festival Pattaya Beach). If you get there before 5pm you should be able to get a seat without a long wait.

I take back this suggestion as I'm currently suffering a bad dose of diarrhea thanks to Shabushi. If you go there, go easy on the Salmon sushi and make sure you cook the other food very well.

If you could give directions that were a bit more specific I'd be grateful.

I found it by going up the first few soi's of Soi Boukouw on the left from Pattaya Klung. as you go up heading towards third Road you cannot miss it, it is on the right - look for a closed off place as it is all air-con and no flies,etc..

if you go as far as Soi PP massage, you have gone too far.

The Chill & Pepper on South Pattaya Rd, despite its unfortunate name, actually has excellent Thai food. They do serve farang stuff, but I've never tried it. The Thai food is very good and served nicely. Not as cheap as a "real Thai" restaurant, but not all that expensive either and they do offer wine, etc with the meal.

About midway between Wat Chai and Tukcom, just opposite the soi that used to lead into Hollywood Disco.

...if you go as far as Soi PP massage, you have gone too far.

LOL, there's quite a distance from Klang to Soi PP--and quite a few sois too. I guess by the time I find it I'll have worked up quite a hunger.

The Cafe is in Soi Chulemprakiat 13 off Soi Bokouw.

LOL, there's quite a distance from Klang to Soi PP--and quite a few sois too. I guess by the time I find it I'll have worked up quite a hunger.

Checked out The Cafe tonight - ate Farang food for a change and would say it's good, but neither as good value nor as tasty as the old Wild Chicken in Soi Post Office or the (relatively) new Pattaya Beer Garden. That's only MY taste buds' opinions of course - yours may differ. :o

I take back this suggestion as I'm currently suffering a bad dose of diarrhea thanks to Shabushi. If you go there, go easy on the Salmon sushi and make sure you cook the other food very well.

We suffer the same just reading your posts. Are you like over 50 or something? Like....really old?

Are you like over 50 or something? Like....really old?

50 is young, PUNK.

post-37101-1234809390_thumb.jpg

Anyway, how exactly do you get to the Cafe? Any landmarks on where to turn?

What I get so far if I got it correctly:

Start at the intersection of Pattaya Klang and Soi Buakow

Head South towards Pattaya Tai

Turn left at Soi Chulemprakiat and then find the Cafe (my google tells me Soi Chulemprakiat is in Naklua though?)

Edited by Jingthing

Across from soi Day/Night on south Pattaya road are 4 seafood restaurants with their fish on ice displayed in front. The one with the windows is called Or aHan Thai Restaurant (the busiest of the 4) and they serve up the best seafood at the best prices. I regularly get a steamed fish in chili and garlic for 220 baht.

Edited by picman

We suffer the same just reading your posts. Are you like over 50 or something? Like....really old?

What's, like, your point?

OT: Last Saturday at 3pm there was a queue outside Shabushi.

Edited by Phil Conners

I will not go to any restaurant where I have to stand in line to get a seat. I might do so to see a first class sporting event back home. :o

Across from soi Day/Night on south Pattaya road are 4 seafood restaurants with their fish on ice displayed in front. The one with the windows is called Or aHan Thai Restaurant (the busiest of the 4) and they serve up the best seafood at the best prices. I regularly get a steamed fish in chili and garlic for 220 baht.

True, but this is not new, it is very old, its a favorite of the gay expats for many years now. You are right about the value. For example I tried a spicy grilled squid dish there, huge portion, spiced over the top as I asked for, 100 baht.

Edited by Jingthing

Checked out The Cafe tonight - ate Farang food for a change and would say it's good, but neither as good value nor as tasty as the old Wild Chicken in Soi Post Office or the (relatively) new Pattaya Beer Garden. That's only MY taste buds' opinions of course - yours may differ. :o

Can somebody remind me what the name of The Wild Chicken was originally. Its been a long time since I eat there.

• 4 weeks later...
I am practically sure the place will surprise you Jingthing .

I looked at the menu on WOW. Nothing surprising about the menu. The standard British offerings and that's it. Any particular dishes they do particularly well?

Home made rice pudding - pretty good. :o