Phuket Tailors

Franklin

Hi,

Wandering if anyone knows any good tailors for men's suits and women dresses in Phuket. Plan to tailor some clothes, but have been warned that some places are rip-offs or do dodgy business.

Any recommendations please?

Thanks

"Peach" north end Patong

Workmanship good

not an enormous selection of materials though.

Some say they are expensive.

Thanks for that, only one trusted and recommended in Phuket.

Sure there would be some more right?

Cheers

If you look in some of the tailors windows at the suits on display, you would understand why people stay away from them!!! :o

Syl

It's hit and miss, it really is.

I was told to stay away from the tourist places.

A place in Phuket town was recommended to me. Its called "meue somthing-or-other" and it's not far from Rocking Angels jammin cafe near the fountain circle, near the fresh-market.

Anyway to be honest, i was so excited. My first made to measure suit. Cost about 5k baht if i remember rightly.

I cant totally recommend the price though. I've found one of the problem with going to places that mainly deal with Thais is that they cant get the pants right. They are not used to the farang bottom!

I have to be very careful when i bend down..................and believe me, i have an extremely averagely shaped botty.

The price was good and the material excellent - and i would have gone back for a new one every couple of months if they could have made the dam thing correctly. But they couldnt.

It's ownded by a little thai-chinese man and the business has been in his family for a couple of generations i believe.

You'd think he would know how to make a pair of slacks really..............

I've had just as good quality and a much better fit by buying off the peg back in the UK. Same price as here too.

It's hit and miss, it really is.

I was told to stay away from the tourist places.

A place in Phuket town was recommended to me. Its called "meue somthing-or-other" and it's not far from Rocking Angels jammin cafe near the fountain circle, near the fresh-market.

Anyway to be honest, i was so excited. My first made to measure suit. Cost about 5k baht if i remember rightly.

I cant totally recommend the price though. I've found one of the problem with going to places that mainly deal with Thais is that they cant get the pants right. They are not used to the farang bottom!

I have to be very careful when i bend down..................and believe me, i have an extremely averagely shaped botty.

The price was good and the material excellent - and i would have gone back for a new one every couple of months if they could have made the dam thing correctly. But they couldnt.

It's ownded by a little thai-chinese man and the business has been in his family for a couple of generations i believe.

You'd think he would know how to make a pair of slacks really..............

I've had just as good quality and a much better fit by buying off the peg back in the UK. Same price as here too.

You're right markg, the shop's name is " meue yiem" and means "wonderful or fantastic hand"; it's located at the right hand side of the first red light when you go from the fountain circle to the Merlin hotel

i used a tailor in Soi Dr Wattana in Patong. god, what were they called? Magnifique?

whoever they were, they were very good, reasonably priced, and directly opposite the clinic.

So, you can have your check up and then your fitting almost together!

i used a tailor in Soi Dr Wattana in Patong. god, what were they called? Magnifique?

whoever they were, they were very good, reasonably priced, and directly opposite the clinic.

So, you can have your check up and then your fitting almost together!

haha. thats right, Wellington!

Over the years we have had various items tailored

The only ones that were any good were shirts, and the best of those came from a Tailor in Riverside Shopping Centre ,Bangkok,

who proudly told us he had done many "suits "for Maggie Thatcher on her several visits to Thailand..

Shirts with initials are worth going for as you can't get those ready made.

Suits for men........Avoid...........No-one can cut a jacket properly here, thay generally hang like sacks,

but shorts are O.K. and trousers if you are a normal shape!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Wandering if anyone knows any good tailors for men's suits and women dresses in Phuket. Plan to tailor some clothes, but have been warned that some places are rip-offs or do dodgy business.

Any recommendations please?

Thanks

Go and see Amorn at Kata Noi (opposite Katathani). He has 3 shops but I've only been to the Kata Noi one and he's great. Honest, lovely looking store, no annoying guys out the front trying to shake your hand and he knows fashion.