Thai Airlines - What A Joke

jimmym40

On their website they are running a special deal this month.

Check it out - what a joke. On their deal to Mumbai, ticket price is 4,500 baht PLUS taxes and surcharges which come to 4,595 baht for a total of over 9,000. That's their gimmick on all their "special" = taxes and surcharges are always more that the ticket alone.

I don't know why I bother to check with Thai airlines at all. Never going to get a "special" price.

An all-in return fare of ~9000 baht to say, Mumbai or Delhi is quite reasonable. The only downside for me (personally) is that the fare does not qualify for Royal Orchid Plus mileage.

Yeah but for that reasonable price, you get to spend only 14 days in India. It certainly would have been a bargain, if I could have stayed up to 2 months.

At least there are several alternatives and options to and from India. Count your blessings. However, after visiting India and seeing some of the carriers in action, there may be a good reason why TG charges more. Think about it. You can't expect an airline to keep running its routes at a loss. I think one of the reasons starts with TG having a better pay scale than some of its Indian competitors.

I guess bashing Thai Airways is in vogue with the whingeing expats current trend to bash all things Thai... and still live here.

I had a colleague whining about the weather and costs in the UK and paying up front to renew his sea-survival certification in the UK. I said he could do the recertification in Sri Racha (and get his knob-polished afterwards) but he reckoned the airfares were wicked. A quick search on 2 different websites found London-Bangkok r/t for about 500 quid on Thai Airways.

He will be over next week.

At least there are several alternatives and options to and from India. Count your blessings. However, after visiting India and seeing some of the carriers in action, there may be a good reason why TG charges more. Think about it. You can't expect an airline to keep running its routes at a loss. I think one of the reasons starts with TG having a better pay scale than some of its Indian competitors.

TG does not charge more. in fact the 9k Baht are less than 50% which a real shitty airline (Indian Airlines) charges.

Talking about bashing Thai Airways, look at the Postbag at the Bkk Post, they publish every bad letter about THAI.

Yet, when i complained about a travel agency in a letter to postbag they didnt post it, not surprisingly though, that agency has an advertisment in the paper.

Thai Airways deserves to be bashed.

They operate at a massive loss and cost the taxpayer billions. In fact they are more than likely bankrupt in real terms.

They have their handout for a further $1billion from the Thai government while their directors get massive bonuses. The shareholders have a court injunction preventing those bonuses IIRC.

They may not even be in existence this time next year.

Nobody here has been on ANA?

Travel with them, then you would see what bangs Cathay Pacific, JAL, Singapore Airlines, let alone Thai Airways.

Thai Airways is not a joke.

As long as we have crap like United, North West, Delta, Biman Bangladesh, Air Lanka, American Airlines.

On their website they are running a special deal this month.

Check it out - what a joke. On their deal to Mumbai, ticket price is 4,500 baht PLUS taxes and surcharges which come to 4,595 baht for a total of over 9,000. That's their gimmick on all their "special" = taxes and surcharges are always more that the ticket alone.

I don't know why I bother to check with Thai airlines at all. Never going to get a "special" price.

:o I guess a lot of peple love to bash Thai Airlines and Thai International.

I keep saying (maybe someone will actually listen this time) that I have only 3 choices from Athens to BKK.

One is Olympic Airlines...the most expensive of the 3 choices. Fair service, however.

The cheapest of all is Gulf air thru Bahrain or Dubai...with a 12 hour layover on both outgoing and return legs.

Or the other is the Thai International direct flight from Athens to Bangkok.

And as for Thai International on-line prices, I keep saying that my local travel agent here in Crete can get me the TG flight at about 10 to 20 percent off the Thai on-line prices.

Please don't tell me about EVA or one of those airlines. They don't fly through Athens and it is at least 200 Euro to go from Athens to any airport where I can pick up that airline.

And that is why I usually fly Thai. (Although my next trip I'm going thru Istambul Turkey by Turkish air...only a 3 hour layover each way.)

:D

Thai Airways deserves to be bashed.

They operate at a massive loss and cost the taxpayer billions. In fact they are more than likely bankrupt in real terms.

They have their handout for a further $1billion from the Thai government while their directors get massive bonuses. The shareholders have a court injunction preventing those bonuses IIRC.

They may not even be in existence this time next year.

In regards to cost overhead, anyone ever notice that the Thai Crews regularly 'overnight' at their destination on a Domestic flight lasting no more than 1-2 hours. I was on an AM flight (Bkk-Surat Thani); the crew stayed at my hotel and returned to Bkk the following afternoon. Is this a union arrangement?