Turn Your Computer Into An Internet Tv

Bizz

Turn your computer into an internet TV

For those of you who have a good connection and would like to download shows from your country.

There is now an answer.

Quite simply, Miro is a free application for channels of internet video (also known as 'video podcasts and video rss). Miro is designed to be easy to use and to give you an elegant fullscreen viewing experience.

There are thousands of free internet video channels that you can watch. You'll be able to download all the videos that each channel offers and when new ones are released, Miro will grab them automatically.

Unlike tiny videos on websites like YouTube, Miro videos are usually very high quality and look great when watched full screen. Since Miro downloads videos completely before you watch, your videos will never skip or stutter while they are playing

How do I get Miro?

To download and install Miro on your computer, return to the homepage and click the green download button. Install instructions will appear after you click 'download'.

Why Miro Matters

Miro is more than just a software program, it's an active effort to build a more open and democratic media. Miro is created by a non-profit organization, the Participatory Culture Foundation. The software is free, open-source, and designed to give everyone a voice.

And yes you can download Thai soap’s.

Get it here

Sounds great and looks great ....but, I went to the website and tried to download the demo video and it's taking me over 15 minutes [so far] to download. I'm on maxnet premier and get fluctuating sppes throuout the day highs at nearly 1,000kbps all the way down to lows of 000.

would it still work for me??

Are you using it?? and what are your download speeds??

and lastly would I have been able to download the superbowl??

I only came across it by accident but I reason you could download the superbowl that was my main reason for posting this.

With guys missing their favourite soups it could be a godsend.

Download the video tutorial.

My speed downloads usually at 3mb upload a 1mb I know when I go back to Esan back to 135kbs.

Hope this works for folks

You can download torrents also

I seem to be having a hard time with miro.....downloaded it, installed it, but can't launch it when i click on shortcut or from start up menu. Tried un installing and reinstalling and still no luck. Maybe there is a compatability problem with my XP 64bit....have run into other compatability problems in the past with software.

Looks interesting so had a go at downloading it, upon installing it my Kasperky anti virus flagged up red saying it was rated as extremely dangerous :o what do i do?? click no?? or will the bug if there is one be removed by my security?

I was hoping to get some English football highlights or maybe more if i was lucky :D

Looks interesting so had a go at downloading it, upon installing it my Kasperky anti virus flagged up red saying it was rated as extremely dangerous :o what do i do?? click no?? or will the bug if there is one be removed by my security?

I was hoping to get some English football highlights or maybe more if i was lucky :D

Same same with me Avira did also ran it for malware seems ok same happens with limewire as with limewire be carefull where you download to on hard disk say no to uploads for the time being.

As it is open source and it is still in Beta form it will hang occasionally.

It still beats anything else that is out there at the moment and its free.

Looks interesting so had a go at downloading it, upon installing it my Kasperky anti virus flagged up red saying it was rated as extremely dangerous :D what do i do?? click no?? or will the bug if there is one be removed by my security?

Same same with me Avira did also ran it for malware seems ok same happens with limewire as with limewire be carefull where you download to on hard disk say no to uploads for the time being.

Well I went ahead with it & I'm well chuffed with it, can't stop playin the clip of that Rooney,Giggs,Ronaldo set piece corner that was disallowed against Chelsea, great goal what a plonker the linesman it was so sneaky even he didn't click on.So now i have something new to watch my beloved Utd on because like many TV member's i've kicked UBC down to base pack.

Quality is same as DVD also there are complete games on there searched for top gear stuff its all there.

Good on ya Bizz for passing this on cheers :o

Edited by Mali1964

Looks interesting so had a go at downloading it, upon installing it my Kasperky anti virus flagged up red saying it was rated as extremely dangerous :D what do i do?? click no?? or will the bug if there is one be removed by my security?

Well I went ahead with it & I'm well chuffed with it, can't stop playin the clip of that Rooney,Giggs,Ronaldo set piece corner that was disallowed against Chelsea, great goal what a plonker the linesman it was so sneaky even he didn't click on.So now i have something new to watch my beloved Utd on because like many TV member's i've kicked UBC down to base pack.

Quality is same as DVD also there are complete games on there searched for top gear stuff its all there.

Good on ya Bizz for passing this on cheers :o

It is amazing

Miro is 100% free and open source. All the channels in the Miro Guide are free too. Go crazy.

Just remember to uninstall ASK tooolbar that came with it , its adware and you computer doesnt like it .

I think its better with streaming videos from software like sopcast than this app even if the quality is better.

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded the original Miro from this site and I liked it very much but I was sucked into installing the new improved upgrade. What a pain. It freezes every time I use it. I tried overwriting the installation with a new download but no difference in performance. Give me the old version anyday. I'd uninstall Miro but I don't want lose the videos I've collected. Can I save them somewhere and play them with another program? Thanks

try www.fr333dom.com

this gives all the match of the day highlights for premiership and championship leagues,plus most uk soap operas,which i dont download.