Credit Disappearing From 12-call

theoldgit

I noticed a threat recently about credit seemingly disappearing from a 12-Call sim, but I cannot now find it, or even remember which forum it was in.

My account zeroed out last week despite making hardly any calls, on Friday I received in excess of 50 sms messages saying I had insufficient funds to complete the number dialled, and I had not dialed any numbers. 125 Baht of the top-up I made on Friday has gone, I have made no calls and received only one.

Perhaps I am being fined for being a billy no mates, but seriously can someone help me?

Cheers

If you can possibly go in to your local AIS office then they are always helpful and can usually tell you what is going on. While you're there also ask them to block spam SMS and MMS as that can be a problem. You may be getting charged for automatic messages without being aware of it, GPS is another possibility even if you don't think you are using it.

If you can possibly go in to your local AIS office then they are always helpful and can usually tell you what is going on. While you're there also ask them to block spam SMS and MMS as that can be a problem. You may be getting charged for automatic messages without being aware of it, GPS is another possibility even if you don't think you are using it.

where is one in Pattaya?

where is one in Pattaya?

I believe there is one on the first floor of Tukcom. It would be just to the left as you get off the escalator.

john

I had this problem, was due to unsolicited text messages which I could not read anyway which cost 2 or 3 baht a time to receive. I tried Tuk Cum to complain in Pattaya but no luck. In the end I bought a new SIM card with 1-2-Call and so far so good. A new SIM card is as low as 220 baht if you shop around.

I noticed a threat recently about credit seemingly disappearing from a 12-Call sim, but I cannot now find it, or even remember which forum it was in.

My account zeroed out last week despite making hardly any calls, on Friday I received in excess of 50 sms messages saying I had insufficient funds to complete the number dialled, and I had not dialed any numbers. 125 Baht of the top-up I made on Friday has gone, I have made no calls and received only one.

Perhaps I am being fined for being a billy no mates, but seriously can someone help me?

Cheers

Had the same thing happen to me last year when I bought my Iphone I left my email account open on it and it slowly drained my credit about 100 baht in less than two days.

• 5 months later...

Tagging a question onto this thread as not too off-topic.

Just a short while ago i topped up my phone with a 100baht 12call card. Got the message as normal. But this time although it confirmed i had just topped up with 100 baht, the balance now stands at 86.01 baht. :) Never had that happen before, well, not that i have noticed anyway. Anyone know what thats about?

Tagging a question onto this thread as not too off-topic.

Just a short while ago i topped up my phone with a 100baht 12call card. Got the message as normal. But this time although it confirmed i had just topped up with 100 baht, the balance now stands at 86.01 baht. :) Never had that happen before, well, not that i have noticed anyway. Anyone know what thats about?

Most likely the last time you made a call your credits ran out during call but programing for your number allowed you to complete call. My GF had the same thing happening and AIS said they could program her number with one of two options.

1. Allow call to be completed when credits run out.

2. Cut call immediately when credits run out.

Edited by ballbreaker

eek - Do you have any services, e.g. Calling Melody? If you do (with AIS at least), such services will be charged irrespective of whether you have any credit on your phone e.g. you have 20bht credit left and the service cost 40bht per month - the total will be deducted from your credit and you'll effectively have a 20bht 'overdraft.' When you top up your SIM, the 'overdraft' amount will be deducted from the amount you top-up.

Hi MKAsok.

Nope, i just have the basic pay as you go sim. However, ive had the same sim for nearly 3 year now, so maybe they are now allowing me to go over credit on a call? It used to just cut out on a call if i ran over. Unless, they are charging for those "your credit is running low" message...?

...maybe they are now allowing me to go over credit on a call? It used to just cut out on a call if i ran over. Unless, they are charging for those "your credit is running low" message...?

Must be that eek if you don't have any services. There's no other explanation. It's my experience as well, that they've always disconnected the call when the credit runs out. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've started letting calls run over credit, since AIS can definitely send you into 'overdraft' now on pre-paid SIM cards, which I think is a fairly new thing (at least it's something I've never noticed before a couple of weeks ago).

I had a similar problem. It turned out to be my email. the phone was checking it automatically. I had to look long and hard to find the way to set it up where I had to tell it to connect. It still works fine and it is only one extra click to authorize the connection.

• 1 month later...

This happened to me as well. I left the country and came back.... turned on my phone, and literally hundreds of sms's from AIS telling me that my account was out of money. They will not stop no matter what... you have to shut off the phone. They charge you for every one of these, and they come every minute it seems. I topped up 300 baht and immediately the credit was gone... sms's continued. I bought a new sim. As soon as it ran out of credit it started the same process. So basically, AIS has it set up so that as soon as you run out of money you start getting endless sms's that you have to pay for until you top up again. Just a note: I have been using this particular sim for over 3 years and i have never once has this problem... it just started perhaps at the beginning of August. The only way you can use these sims is to make absolutely sure that you never run out of credit.

BTW when i bought the new prepaid sim the shop girl was aware of this issue... apparently a lot of people are throwing away their sims due to this reason... you get to a point where you would have to top up with more money just to get the sms's to stop than it would cost to buy a new sim.

AIS... total clowns! Talk about unscrupulous business practices.

Also... if you buy a new one... be aware... these things can be had for 150 baht or less.... when i walked into the local mall phone area, the first shop wanted 360... i bargained her down to 300. next shop was 250. Then 220. Finally i found one who was pleased to sell them for 150.

-D

always buy them in 7/11 (sim cards).

Dont pick up calls from a number you dont recognise, but if you have to, if someone starts blabbering in Thai and seemingly not let you interrupt- hang up as soon as you can- if you let them talk for 30 seconds (or is it a minute?), they are allowed to charge you for sms messages.