Compulsory Obsessive Clicking On Closed Threads

keestha

Usually I am quite selective on which threads to open, and often enough even when I find the subject moderately interesting I don't bother reading when there are too many replies: time and/or energy lacking.

But a closed thread I always tend to read, even if it is only the last few posts if it is a very long thread. Somehow hoping for some kind of thrill I think: the discussion going into forbidden territory, or people slagging each other off in a very gross way.

Sometimes, but not always, the exciting stuff I am hoping for indeed turns up. There are also threads though coming to a natural end, or threads not Thailand related, or being about really nothing before the plug is pulled.

no, you are not alone. Closed threads are often the only ones worth reading, the rest are all heavily moderated Pap.

Thavisa has become quite pathetic of late and seems to be growing worse.

Yeah, when scanning through a forum or "New Posts", any closed threads immediately get clicked as they can be the most amusing. Can be funny to see the often condescending and patronising closing comments by the Moderators also - although only some Mods do this, others are far less entertaining and simply go about their business in a methodical, mundane way.

Thavisa has become quite pathetic of late and seems to be growing worse.

for info, the forum rules have existed for as long as I remember, way before I became a MOD or a member for that matter.

moderation of any discussions are according to the forum rules, which all members accept to abide by when we join as members :o

Thavisa has become quite "pathetic" of late and seems to be growing worse.

......and "boring" of late also :o

+1...I click on the closed threads just to see why they were closed. I am finding that posts which do not violate any of the rules are being 'tinkered' with nonetheless.

for info, the forum rules have existed for as long as I remember, way before I became a MOD or a member for that matter.

moderation of any discussions are according to the forum rules, which all members accept to abide by when we join as members :o

Yeah it's OK - I don't think anyone here is complaining about the thread closures, quite the opposite in fact - the thread closed icon actually very enticing as it means something interesting must have been going on in the thread. :D

Edited by dantilley

Yeah it's OK - I don't think anyone here is complaining about the thread closures, quite the opposite in fact - the thread closed icon actually very enticing as it means something interesting must have been going on in the thread. :D

they could be moved to a "Closed Topics Forum"

:D

how ironic to have to close this topic too!

so, folks, please get off the discussion of mods, and keep it on topic.

and, yes, i like to read the closed topics too.

Please close this thread so that we can all click on it to find out why!

Cheers, Rick

Yep, too many threads are closed, problem is they're usually the only ones worth viewing.

I like to see the reasons for closure...lol

One the other day was something like...

" You know what, I'm getting sick of this thread "

// CLOSED //