Visa Advice Pls.

Hi,

I am currently on a tourist visa which is about to expire. I wish to live in Thailand now and I have been offered a job teaching in Bangkok to start immediately. The agency has written a letter which explains they wish to employ me and told me I need to apply for a non-immigrant B visa in vientiane/penom penh. However I have also been told that this visa is only available in my own country (UK). So I am now a bit confused as to what I need or what is available to me.

I am also worried that the Thai embassy may want to see certificates of my qualifications (I do not have any teaching qualifications but have a postgraduate qualifications and have demonstrated my competency to teach a class) Do I need to obtain my degree certificates or is this only required for the work visa? also, if i decide to return home for 2 weeks while on a non-immigrant visa will it be cancelled??

I really dont want to travel all the way to Laos and be refused my non immigrant visa.

Your advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks

You will need a WP3 (work permit application receipt) from the labor department to get a B visa at any nearby consulate. They don't appear to be that picky about degrees and such since you already have the work permit in process just waiting for a visa.

When you get the B visa you can get a re-entry permit that will keep your permit to stay good if you need to leave the country.

Thanks ubonjoe,

so to clarify, I need to do the following:

1- Apply for a work visa (before applying for a non-imm B?? no need to get my degree certificates posted from UK??)

2- use the receipt from the work visa to apply for a non-imm B. While waiting for my work visa to be granted.

The agency that wishes to employ me has not yet put in an application for a work visa, they told me i need to get the non-immigrant B first then once i have that they will apply for my work visa???

when you say nearby consulate are you meaning Thai consulates at vientiane and penom penh??? and where can i get a re-entry permit?

Thanks again.

Thanks ubonjoe,

1- Apply for a work visa (before applying for a non-imm B?? no need to get my degree certificates posted from UK??)

2- use the receipt from the work visa to apply for a non-imm B. While waiting for my work visa to be granted.

The agency that wishes to employ me has not yet put in an application for a work visa, they told me i need to get the non-immigrant B first then once i have that they will apply for my work visa???

when you say nearby consulate are you meaning Thai consulates at vientiane and penom penh??? and where can i get a re-entry permit?

Thanks again.

There is no such thing as a Work Visa. You are talking about a Work Permit.

Nearby Consulate in a neighbouring country IE. Malaysia. As said you will need the Work Permit receipt to apply. You can get in your own country without this.

Re Entry Permits are available from Immigration Offices. 3,800 Baht for a Multi Entry and 1,000 for a single.

Thanks ubonjoe,

Thanks again.

1. It is a work permit not a visa. Yes you need to apply for the work permit first. I suggest you get your degree sent to you, You might need it before everything is finished.

2. You need the WP3 to apply for the visa.

They can apply fpr the work permit with the entry or visa you have now.

Either consulate but I suggest Vientiane.

You get the re-entry permit at immigration (1000 baht).