Hi there, I'm going back to Thailand to see some family next month, only a short trip I was aiming for 30 days as I know that's the amount given on ye ol stamp in the passport, but when booking my flight I moved it over a day as it made it quite a bit cheaper, then when I looked at it in the itinerary it says 31 days/30 nights - which means I'll be one day over.

Usually when I go over it's for longer so I normally have a visa and have never even gone the stamp in the passport route. I've never overstayed and I know there was a lot of commotion about it a while back. What do I do in this situation? I don't really want to have to go all the way down to london and pay £30 or what ever it is now (plus train fare) just for the sake of one day.

On my way out can I just pay one day overstay or something?

Depends on how you counted your dates, but if actually 31, you may not have to pay a fine. But, you would get a small overstay stamp in your passport.

Also, during your stay, you could apply for a 7 day extension, 1900 baht if I remember correctly.

You may have a problem boarding the flight. The airline can refuse you entry if you do not have a Visa to cover your stay if over 30 days. If you make it to Thailand you can get a 7 day extension at Immigration for a fee of 1,900 Baht or overstay for one day and get a stamp in your passport but you will not be fined.

The chances are that you will be ok but airlines can and do refuse entry.