"face Plant"

Ithailian

Back in around about 1980 in the UK, learners were restricted to 250cc machines, big enough to get you into trouble.

One night there was six of us out for a blast to the local pub.

Part of it was along a winding country lane.

I forget who was leading but fortunately I was tail end charlie due to having a timid girlfriend in tow at the time.

Well the rest of the boys were flat out in single file when a hedge hog ambled out across the road.

The first rider panicked, hit the brakes and the next four all rear ended each other.

Funny thing is as I arrived I saw the hedge hog disappear into the verge. He hadn't been touched.

Brand new ZX10R, only 2 weeks old and already at Bira track. First lap, first corner after the straight. Rear tyre lost traction, went down. Bike slid across tarmac only to hit the rumble strip and then proceeded to flip several times! Breaking every thing on the bike. :o

Couple of months later back at track, with throttle pinned to the stop hammering down the straight. Pure bliss. :D

Bira about a year ago. Seems after ages of tinkering and fixing I had got my R1 running good. Made it as far as turn two on the outlap before I dropped it. Don't know where my head was at the time, remember coming up to turn 2 the hairpin and thinking I'm goin a bit fast here. Thought briefly about just running it straight through the turn into the gravel. Then I thought it'll be ok just tip it in and you'll make it. Well I didn't. I was ok as I slid along on my arse but I was forced to watch my bike sliding along in front of me with bits breaking off. Wouldn't say I'll never do it again, but I have learnt to take it easy for the first few laps until you get a bit of heat into the tyres.

Brand new ZX10R, only 2 weeks old and already at Bira track. First lap, first corner after the straight. Rear tyre lost traction, went down. Bike slid across tarmac only to hit the rumble strip and then proceeded to flip several times! Breaking every thing on the bike. :o

Couple of months later back at track, with throttle pinned to the stop hammering down the straight. Pure bliss. :D

Bira about a year ago. Seems after ages of tinkering and fixing I had got my R1 running good. Made it as far as turn two on the outlap before I dropped it. Don't know where my head was at the time, remember coming up to turn 2 the hairpin and thinking I'm goin a bit fast here. Thought briefly about just running it straight through the turn into the gravel. Then I thought it'll be ok just tip it in and you'll make it. Well I didn't. I was ok as I slid along on my arse but I was forced to watch my bike sliding along in front of me with bits breaking off. Wouldn't say I'll never do it again, but I have learnt to take it easy for the first few laps until you get a bit of heat into the tyres.

theres nothing like spending money, is there? :D

theres nothing like spending money, is there? :D

I was just thinking the same!

It must of cost a pretty penny Travelmate. Did the insurance cover it? Or is that a daft cagey question? :D

Good to hear you got back in and on the racing groove again :D

Unlike this gimp on Koh Phangan: