Unofficial Thai Visa Meet Up - 20th February 2009

bkkjames

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't we aim for the 20th, avoiding the last Friday of the month traffic mayhem. Or does this conflict with some members financial situation?

Once we decide on the date, then we will start searching around for which lucky establishment will have our esteemed business - and the right to say they hosted an unofficial TV P-UP.

As there has been very limited feedback thus far, let's give it till Monday to see where things shape up / or not, before deciding where / when to proceed.

Edited by bkkjames

That's 4 so far. I think we need to get it up 15-20 to make it interesting. BTW, one fine establishment has already contacted me regarding possibly hosting it.

Come on people, just because we are in a recession, doesn't mean we can't drink. :D:o

Well, to save all the confusion from the meet-up last year at Gullivers, lets pick a specific date and venue before the end of this page.

Eg. Friday 20th at such and such venue from 7.30pm onwards.

Once we have done that, getting an on-going sign-up list is easy.

Well, to save all the confusion from the meet-up last year at Gullivers, lets pick a specific date and venue before the end of this page.

Eg. Friday 20th at such and such venue from 7.30pm onwards.

Once we have done that, getting an on-going sign-up list is easy.

The Marketing Director from the Huntsmen - a TV member, pm me and offered his venue and stuff like 2-1 on drinks and food until 9pm.

Now, I don't want to decide for everyone, maybe Soundman can figure out how to do a poll or something?

Ok running total thus far is as follows:

me

lazychef

theoldgit

Soundman

Saorsa

Big Toe

BT available and delighted to meet up. :D

BT

Only if you bring thithi :D

No wonder you got a Yellow card... The next one from Thithi MIGHT be RED... :o

BT

Crisis!?! What crisis?!?

Anyway, in case of "cris-tal" (crisis total), isn't it the best times to open some bottles of "Crystal"?

P.S.: Roederer, of course...

Well at least you got the Roederer part correct.

"Cristal" not "Crystal"....

Confirmed...

me

lazychef

theoldgit

Soundman

Saorsa

Big Toe

Midas

Not Thithi cause she won't go out until Wednesday for her Birthday. I always thought Friday came after Wednesday but I don't have the same calendar as Thithi I guess.

Anyways.

The Huntsman which is in the Landmark. Any other thoughts?

Crisis!?! What crisis?!?

Anyway, in case of "cris-tal" (crisis total), isn't it the best times to open some bottles of "Crystal"?

P.S.: Roederer, of course...

Well at least you got the Roederer part correct.

"Cristal" not "Crystal"....

Apologizes, mistake (partly) due to a "Leo" breakfast...

The Huntsman is good for me.

Ok, so I will ask soundman or some other upstanding Mod to please change the title of this thread to reflect this.

Something like.

Piss On the Recession Piss-up Feb 20 - 7pm, Huntsmen Pub or something that rolls off the tongue easier.

I hope Soundman will drink in moderation. Moderation? Geddit?

eh?

Oh, suit yourself.

I'm not coming, because I've actually already seen bkkjames and it ain't pretty:

GayShorts.jpg

PC, if my dog was that ugly I would shave it's ass and teach it to walk backwards.

Is the "Huntsman" actually inside the Landmark or just in the vicinity?

Yes, in the basement level.

Sounds good to me, however, maybe a lttle more info. for those who are not familiar with that area of Bkk.

Entertainment? Drink prices? Ambience? All good to go? Map for those who might feel like coming but don't know where the Landmark is?

Thanx James. :o