Unofficial Thai Visa Meet Up - 20th February 2009

bkkjames

Wonder what happened to BKK James? seems to have gone AWOL. He was drinking heavily whilst mumbling something about a 6 mth pregnant wife. Anyhow according to him "cured meat" is what you get after leaving Lolita's. Is that place a deli as well? must visit and stock up soon

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what happened to BKK James? seems to have gone AWOL. He was drinking heavily whilst mumbling something about a 6 mth pregnant wife. Anyhow according to him "cured meat" is what you get after leaving Lolita's. Is that place a deli as well? must visit and stock up soon

Not awol Zorro man, just have better things to do on my weekend than hang out online with you lot. :o

Anyways, thanks all for showing up. Question, how did 3000 Baht worth of booze get drank in 45 mins at 2 for 1 prices???

I know our scottish pipelayer can drink quickly, but not that fast.

Midori, better not say what?

Git, JFC, they have a non-smoking side of the bar - over on the far side - where all the boring tossers were sitting. Thithi, as always, very nice to stair at you again.

Lazy chef, pace yourself.

Anyways, thanks all for showing up. Question, how did 3000 Baht worth of booze get drank in 45 mins at 2 for 1 prices???

Think there might have been some double charging or more likely some mistakes by the staff. I was there from a little after 7pm, certainly before the 3,000 Baht was produced, and I was charged for all my drinks. I had a good evening so wasn't going going to spoil it by querying it - even if I could have got the words out properly.

Hmm... when Midori, her friend and I arrived about 7:15, there were probably already about 10 people sitting around the table...to which we added another 3... So give or take a dozen people within the first half hour.

Presumably, each of us had one drink on the tab... My JD and Coke came to 250 at the 2 for 1 special rate. Midori and her friend had sodas... If you multiply that out times a dozen or so people, you're getting into the 3000 baht neighborhood, I think.

......Anyhow according to him "cured meat" is what you get after leaving Lolita's. Is that place a deli as well? must visit and stock up soon

Sorry, I was too hurry after left words to Alex... :D

At Lolita's, umm....I'm not sure you can stock up cured meat or not...Zorro1, you made me wonder too...

Why not go stoping by, take your time for the details..? and please do come back inform me.....

Thanks.. :o

You got it a bit confused, Zorro... :D

At Midori's shop, your meat is air cured... At Lolitas, your meat is washed and blown....

:o

You're right, JF.. ...I am not sure for the Lolitas...

But my air-cured processing, I will need to ground the meat into fine texture, then mix in or inject whole meat with the rest ingredients

Form in casing and then hung up in special sterilized room for more a month..

Being grounded and injected stuffs, taken more a month...? Able, My dear Zorro1? :D

Well, enjoy your time in Lolita's..haha..