Unofficial Thai Visa Meet Up - 20th February 2009

bkkjames

i didn't really talk to y'all much.

I woke up this morning with those chipmunks' voices in my head.

we sat too close to the chipmunks' stage!!

nice service anyway, they gave me the 2nd cosmopolitan after 2 hrs i ordered the first one [and after jamie's singha treat] :o

P.S. Jamie, thanks for the drinks :D

BIGTOE3.... i didn't know when u left!

MidoriApple - really? no discount for sausages and bacon?

Zorro1 - I thought u would dress like the Zorro hehe

Alexlah - I see that you still drive 20km/hr that was why u came late! shame on u! :D

and nice to meet the others as well :D

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't really talk to y'all much.

I woke up this morning with those chipmunks' voices in my head.

we sat too close to the chipmunks' stage!!

nice service anyway, they gave me the 2nd cosmopolitan after 2 hrs i ordered the first one [and after jamie's singha treat] :o

P.S. Jamie, thanks for the drinks :D

BIGTOE3.... i didn't know when u left!

MidoriApple - really? no discount for sausages and bacon?

Zorro1 - I thought u would dress like the Zorro hehe

Alexlah - I see that you still drive 20km/hr that was why u came late! shame on u! :P

and nice to meet the others as well :D

Im sitting here in my cape now, still no courage to where it out doors but hey if a man can dress like a women, I shouldn't be concerned. was Alexlah the Belgium guy? Bkk James was how I pictured him , Jf chandler looks like his avatar lol , first time I met someone over 7 ft tall and the Belgium guy , forgot his nick started on the turps at 7am he told me not that anyone cold tell :D

Aorsa i think just came off an oil rig? and was keen for some skin and took off to Angel witch, I was on my way there but got errrm side tracked :wai:

Next time I will be the first to arrive and drink the latecomers free share, good system that one :D

i did angelwitch, then green parrot, then longgun, then penny black then home about 5am....apparently i have barfined some girl for the next 3 weeks and i have no recollection about doing it...luckily she is cute and i am due back offshore again in 2 weeks.....oh and my head hurts now, so the bottle of vodka in my freezer is about to get damaged. pretty sure i had a fun night anyway...no bruises aparm t frothe ones the girl gave me and i asked her nicely to do that, so all good! :o

Edited by saorsa

Ouch, just arrived home. :o

Good to meet some new faces and catch up with some old ones last night.

Hope everybody had an enjoyable evening, and Thanx very much to George for putting 3000B on the bar on behalf of Thai Visa , even if it did last only 1/2 an hour. :D

I too want to add my thanks to TV for helping sponsor the evening and to BKK James for his organizing, notwithstanding the fact that he both arrived late and left early (relatively speaking).... :D Had a great time and enjoyed meeting (or trying to meet) with everyone in attendance...

Had the great pleasure of accompanying one charming lady (MidoriApple) and meeting another one for the first time while there (ThiThi). Just goes to show there are some definite cuties lurking out there in ThaiVisa land.... :D

Also, for the record.... :o:D:D

1. I brought no ladyboys with me... just one real 110% lady. So I hope this lays to rest the ill-considered banter on this LB subject...

2. I also spent the evening socializing with some very nice TV gents, too many of whom have the wretched habit of smoking cigarettes. This notwithstanding, I said nothing to anyone all night long about being choked by fumes... I held my breath (and comment) until today in the relative safety of my smoke-free home....

Can't wait for the next one.... Cheers....

Ooooooooooops!

Sorry JF about the smoking, completely forgotten to ask if you minded but as I saw others also exhaling the deadly fumes I thought it was allright.

Falling asleep in the taxi, ha ha ha!

And ThiThi, why you mention my speedlimit here hmmmmmm? You are almost as evil as those chipmunks on stage that were terrorising my braincell. :o

Heyyyyy.... :D

sorry... i brought friend and took time with him since he expected to meet me for talking shop before the meeting...

but he just came only 4hours late!!!! ...(May be too-closed friend :o , I should do something)

Umm..by the way, confess that I can remember no one but..

- thithi - since she is cute... (thithi..nah..no way.. I can't do discount, is little complicated in the shop..

why not let me take you out to yum cakes? A lot better..hmm..hon? Anytime, I am really happy to..)

- khun James - yes, I should remember him since he is very nice setting up the meeting.

(but khun James... have to say..I am a little disappointed in you ..since you...umm.. :D ..better keep my mouth quiet)

- jfchandler - hey, thank you very much for the accompanying... I was quite excited to meet many new (white) faces...

Will be better next time... (When ka, khun James? :wai: ..chop..chop)

- and zorro - since you own last smiling face in my memory at the meeting... lol (you look so....hahaha... joke... but you are really friendly.. :D )

- and...umm.. and vegetarian guy... couldn't remember your name... :D ..sorry..

I guess I cannot be your friend since you eat no meats......shamed me, you lose chance being my victim..lol

Zorro, me not the Belgium guy, Belgium guy is Gourmet pate the one that fell asleep in the taxi.

I was a bit late (10 ish) so missed a lot of you, next time I will try to drive in second gear.....

Midori seems to be another funny person when looking at post, :o

dam_n, tonight another pissup for me as I have to entertain friend from SG.

Zorro, me not the Belgium guy, Belgium guy is Gourmet pate the one that fell asleep in the taxi.

I was a bit late (10 ish) so missed a lot of you, next time I will try to drive in second gear.....

Midori seems to be another funny person when looking at post, :o

dam_n, tonight another pissup for me as I have to entertain friend from SG.

hmm... how funny? :D Can I only be 'fun'?

Heyyyyy.... :D

sorry... i brought friend and took time with him since he expected to meet me for talking shop before the meeting...

but he just came only 4hours late!!!! ...(May be too-closed friend :o , I should do something)

Umm..by the way, confess that I can remember no one but..

- thithi - since she is cute... (thithi..nah..no way.. I can't do discount, is little complicated in the shop..

why not let me take you out to yum cakes? A lot better..hmm..hon? Anytime, I am really happy to..)

- khun James - yes, I should remember him since he is very nice setting up the meeting.

(but khun James... have to say..I am a little disappointed in you ..since you...umm.. :D ..better keep my mouth quiet)

- jfchandler - hey, thank you very much for the accompanying... I was quite excited to meet many new (white) faces...

Will be better next time... (When ka, khun James? :wai: ..chop..chop)

- and zorro - since you own last smiling face in my memory at the meeting... lol (you look so....hahaha... joke... but you are really friendly.. :D )

- and...umm.. and vegetarian guy... couldn't remember your name... :D ..sorry..

I guess I cannot be your friend since you eat no meats......shamed me, you lose chance being my victim..lol

Thats right Midori I remember you slipping me your biz card on the way out just found it. Will be down to sample your meat soon :P

Alex she has a deli at emporium sells air cured meat :o

Yep, Alexlah... but very, very, very, very small one... and no discount since I am poor.

Zorro1, please call me when to come since I am not there in everyday...I am lazy Thai... :D

Btw, you don't look Zorro1, but more Fantastic4.....( :D hey...he is very famous hero..!!!..don't complain..ok?)

Alex she has a deli at emporium sells air cured meat :o

Aaaaah, I see, I was for a moment a bit shocky.

Lazy on school, hmmmmmmm.....maybe you are just not challenged enough, too easy stuff, I had same problem.

Never made homework, teacher angry me a lot and ask me why? Why you want to be stupid. So I ask him why he give stupid easy stuff to learn.

Him get more angry and tell you stupid spoiled brat!!!!!! So he tell me I have to solve in front of class some difficult math equation, so I take piece of chalk and start writing and solve. After that he tell me OK, better you help the other students, ha ha ha!

By the way what is cured meat, is it stuff like smoked ham, salami and things like that?

:D

Hmm, if someone was inspired enough to organise another get together, i would come along if I'm not offshore...i leave for Denmark early march and will be away for between 4 and 12 weeks depending on whether i go straight to norway from denmark or have a break in between.

I loved the idea of the 3000 thb behind the bar for early arrivals since i was there from about 18.30! :o

cheers

Alexlah: I was good student, actually.. but not quite behaved...

Been a class leader when grade 12, but led the classmates to disobey teachers...

After entered to University, my enthusiasm just fell down.... I had studied when I felt like to....

Luckily uni friends have been decent, so I didnt go crazy but finished degree..

My laziness meant I will always do when I feel like to... haha.... :o Yeah, may be too less challenge..

I am searching for new things to do next in my life...

The air-cured meats are things you said but many more... try check them out...!

i havent been a class leader bfore in my life .... but as THIevil i know how to take over..

being alike class-leader is sooooooo cooooool

thithi...actually I got story for being leader...not that bec I was so cool

The proper one had positioned for president and vice, so I been voted since friends knew I was a bit crazy..and I would not let them down....

yeah... :o just to be fun... teachers remained their love to me tho a bit down..

Hey... but I am more decent this day......

Alex..my air-cured products at the shop are about 90-150 baht per 100g, locally cooked but import for some ingredients..

we also cooked as per customers' recipes too.. (when they order more of a ton..haha)

Hey... should we pm instead? not appropriate doing commercial in here, I think...

Yes nice to meet up, sorry I had to leave early and abruptly due to upset stomach.. too much info not good for all reading.

A big thank you too Old Git for paying my bar bill ( I did leave him the money honest) as I could not wait any longer or might have got a new nick name.. All well now I think ???

Hope you all enjoyed it and yes I will be early next time for sure. Will look forward to meeting you all then.

Have a graet birthday Thithi on Wednesday I think !!

BT :o

I also had an enjoyable evening, it was good to meet a wide range of new people and catch up some I had met before.

Got told off when I got home, not because I was drunk, but because my hair and clothes smelt of second hand smoke, before anyone goes off on one - I am not complaining but I wonder how much The Landmark pays the powers that be so they can ignore the Thai laws on smoking :o

Big Toe, yes I paid your bar bill with the cash you left me, think I owe you 6 Baht, 165 ++, hope you are feeling better.

Looking forward to the next meet up.