Swiss Army Knife

mrbojangles

Has anyone taken a knife on board an aircraft, in checked in luggage of course, not carry on.

I'm moving lock stock and barrel over to Saudi and i really don't want to leave my treasured Swiss Army Knife behind as I've had it years. I also wanted to take my Kitchen knives but i think that might be taking it a tad too far. :D

Your experiences are most welcome :o

I've got half a dozen of my prized kitchen knives in my checked baggage for tomorrow, plus my 15cm dive knife and three or four leatherman classics. That practically makes me an arms dealer, :o but I'm not expecting any problems. :D

I've got half a dozen of my prized kitchen knives in my checked baggage for tomorrow, plus my 15cm dive knife and three or four leatherman classics. That practically makes me an arms dealer, :o but I'm not expecting any problems. :D

yeah but wait until they find your granny's kippers! :D

Edited by dee123

Let us know how you get on. Maybe the kitchen knives can go as well :D

I brought a 12inch long machette (for garden use) over a couple of years ago. It travelled from manchester to Dubai and then bangkok and on to chiang rai in checked in luggage ofcourse. I suspected it would have stuck out like a sore thumb at each place but no problems. Your Swiss Army Knife & chef knives will be fine in your checked in luggage. ;-)

Has anyone taken a knife on board an aircraft, in checked in luggage of course, not carry on.

I'm moving lock stock and barrel over to Saudi and i really don't want to leave my treasured Swiss Army Knife behind as I've had it years. I also wanted to take my Kitchen knives but i think that might be taking it a tad too far. :D

Having lost one Swiss Army knife to the security measures at the airports I now always put it (the replacement!) in my checked luggage and have never had a problem.

Kitchen knives will follow the same rules.

Hope the move goes well,

JxP

The Saudi customs will be more worried about anything containing references to alcohol, pork or women so make sure you leave your Chang keyring, pigskin shoes and "Deep Throat" CD at home.

Oh, and don't go through Immigration singing "Gimme a pigfoot and a bottle of beer"

Edited by PattayaParent

Poor bugger,you will surely miss the freedoms of Thailand...But i bet the pay is a lot more in Saudi! :D