Nasa Hotel

raro

For the records and good news.

some years ago I found out by coincidence (power out, elevator didn't work) that the fire exists at the Nasa Vegas hotel in Ramkhamhaeng road were closed at the 10th floor. No way to get out in case of fire in the upper floors. This was - according to the Management - to prevent people from the hotel area in the upper floors to get into the appartment area in the lower floors.

I must admit that despite the apparent safety issue I continued to stay in the hotel after having checked plenty of other hotels in the price range up to 1200 Baht a night in Sukhumvit area and none of them could compete in terms of value for money. The fire exits in those hotels were not always working either...so what the heck.

Long story short, in light of the Santika fire I checked the fire exits again this week and I am happy to report that I was able to walk down from the top floor to outside. All plywood walls were completely removed.

some years ago I found out by coincidence (power out, elevator didn't work) that the fire exists at the Nasa Vegas hotel in Ramkhamhaeng road were closed at the 10th floor. No way to get out in case of fire in the upper floors. This was - according to the Management - to prevent people from the hotel area in the upper floors to get into the appartment area in the lower floors.

I must admit that despite the apparent safety issue I continued to stay in the hotel after having checked plenty of other hotels in the price range up to 1200 Baht a night in Sukhumvit area and none of them could compete in terms of value for money. The fire exits in those hotels were not always working either...so what the heck.

Long story short, in light of the Santika fire I checked the fire exits again this week and I am happy to report that I was able to walk down from the top floor to outside. All plywood walls were completely removed.

I stay there quite often when I am in Bangkok, I was there last month.

My mate put me onto a decent hotel in Sukhumvit the PB Hotel 800 baht. The room was nice well equipped and spacious excellent value for money. You won't get a better deal at that end of Suki.

From Soi 3 opposite Bumrungrad Hospital there is a Soi that runs down to Soi11 (behind the top of 5,7,7/1 and 9), it's well worth a look.

John.....

I stay there quite often when I am in Bangkok, I was there last month.

My mate put me onto a decent hotel in Sukhumvit the PB Hotel 800 baht. The room was nice well equipped and spacious excellent value for money. You won't get a better deal at that end of Suki.

From Soi 3 opposite Bumrungrad Hospital there is a Soi that runs down to Soi11 (behind the top of 5,7,7/1 and 9), it's well worth a look.

John.....

ch

Right on! Lovely place PB...

Especially the old rooms with this little "Baroque Bordello" touch.

But actually, I prefer Penthouse, just next door, which is more convenient to hide the car!

The place changed a lot to the better over the past years, new aircons and apparently also new mattresses, saw a truckload delivered the other day I stayed there.

Depends on what you are looking for..the 850 Baht rooms are quite spacious, they have WiFi all over the place (costs 150 baht extra for a day) and the location is good. Coming from the Motorway, it is at the first junction in Bangkok. 20 minutes to the airport. No need to go into Sukhumvit if I don't have to. Taxi back from downtown Sukhumvit is 60 Baht...

I tried plenty of other hotels in the area and none of them could compete in the overall package.

Only real downside is the crappy coffee shop with its overprized breakfast.

Is the nasa hotel good value.

The pictures on the website make it look quite old and run down.

What's the easiet way to access the MRT/BTS?

Bus down petchchaburi or moto-taxi down suk 63/77.

You can get a taxi/moto taxi down Petchaburi Road to the MRT Petchaburi Station.

John.....

Cannot deny that it seems as most people that check into the Nasa are not married, at least not with each other....nevertheless, value for money is good and for me the location is perfect.

Downtown Sukhumvit is less than prefect because of the traffic you face there in the morning.

It is not a purpose-built short-time hotel, i.e. no rooms with own car park and curtain but it can be used as such just like any other hotel in town including the Oriental.

I always thought is was a short time place, not that i have ever been in one.

anyways, when the new train to the airport finishes, from what I see there is a station right next to Nasa Hotel.

YES it IS a short-time place TOO (99% Thai who use it for that purpose, rarely any Farang, from what I know). If you stay there for the first time, you will immidiately be handed out a "membership card" :o

YES there will be a good access to downtown soon once the airport-train is in operation.

had recommended this place to several friends who were travelling on a budget, and who wanted to stay not far from SWAMPY, and they were ok with it....

I stayed there one night two years ago because I had myself locked out from my Condo and didnt find a locksmith as it was late night. I must say, for 590 THB it was good value for money. a bit worn, sure, but definitely no "shit-hole"....

though, at just 100-200 THB more you can often get a room at the modern IBIS HUA MARK as well....

Edited by siam2007

I always thought is was a short time place, not that i have ever been in one.

anyways, when the new train to the airport finishes, from what I see there is a station right next to Nasa Hotel.

YES it IS a short-time place TOO (99% Thai who use it for that purpose, rarely any Farang, from what I know). If you stay there for the first time, you will immidiately be handed out a "membership card" :o

YES there will be a good access to downtown soon once the airport-train is in operation.

had recommended this place to several friends who were travelling on a budget, and who wanted to stay not far from SWAMPY, and they were ok with it....

I stayed there one night two years ago because I had myself locked out from my Condo and didnt find a locksmith as it was late night. I must say, for 590 THB it was good value for money. a bit worn, sure, but definitely no "shit-hole"....

though, at just 100-200 THB more you can often get a room at the modern IBIS HUA MARK as well....

you know a lot for staying once