Word To Pdf Converter Inc Bookmarks?

Digitalbanana

Is the a Word (2007) to PDF converter that will transfer the internal hyperlinks (bookmarks?) in the Word doc to other parts of the same doc over to PDF?

I have a DOC file with clickable table of contents and internal hyperlinks embedded in normal text, but my PDF software looses all these links &, just saves the external www.domain.com links.

Thnks for any clues

Hi, try to use OpenOffice.Writer. This (free) software can easily read (import) MS-Word documents and has excellent engine for PDF-export.

I made PDF from ms-word documents using this software with clickable bookmarks (table of content).

Hi, try to use OpenOffice.Writer. This (free) software can easily read (import) MS-Word documents and has excellent engine for PDF-export.

I made PDF from ms-word documents using this software with clickable bookmarks (table of content).

Thanks for the tip. I tried OO (yesterdays download) but the import of a docx file isn't that easy. In fact my rather complex 140pg Word docx looked a complete mess after opening it in OO. I have since found Click To Convert that seems to work (albeit not free). Almost a flawless result.

Almost a flawless result.

Not quite flawlwess as the Word picture formating within the doc gave mixed output in PDF, some of it unacceptable. Switched to Print2PDF that works better. Both products not free, but easier than Adobe and get results I am looking for, in this case full hyper links, bookmarks and formating of images and borders.

Yeah, there is one more trick, free of charge :o

You can set up a "fake" postscript printer and assign it to "file" port. After that you can "print" your document from any windows application and get postscript (*.ps) file as a result. Conversion from postscript to PDF can be done using various free ps2pdf converters.

I used this way to convert "simple" documents, but I am not sure about complicated docs with tables, graphics, bookmarks etc.

Here two more useful links:

1. PrintPDF converter (virtual printer, you can select freeware version): www.software602.com/products/print2pdf/

2. Online converter: www.zamzar.com/

• 2 months later...
Is the a Word (2007) to PDF converter that will transfer the internal hyperlinks (bookmarks?) in the Word doc to other parts of the same doc over to PDF?

I have a DOC file with clickable table of contents and internal hyperlinks embedded in normal text, but my PDF software looses all these links &, just saves the external www.domain.com links.

Thnks for any clues

Hi, you may use Altsoft Xml2PDFfor the word to PDF convertion, works good and supports table of contents. good luck. download it at www(dot)alt-soft(dot)com/Downloads_server_evaluation(dot)aspx  

• 2 years later...