Weed Killer Herbicides

I live up Country in Issan, but am willing to order and have shipped from another part of Thailand proper Herbicides to kill the weeds and crabgrass in our lawn. I've previously used with great success in California products such as SPECTRACIDE WEED STOP, BAYER "ALL - IN - ONE WEED KILLER FOR LAWNS" and ORTHO "WEED B GON MAX PLUS CRABGRASS CONTROL". It seems the primary ingredients in these three products might be: DIMETHYLAMINE SALT or (MSMA) MONOSODIUM ACID METHANEAR, or ATRAZINE. Have you bought these products in Thailand at a chain store OR local "fertilizer and feed shop"? If so were their any "brand" names on the products that worked well to kill the weeds in your lawn. I have not seen ORTHO, SCOTTS, SPECTRACIDE or Bayer "home and garden" products in Issan. Thanks.

I am familiar with the products you mentioned and I have not seen them here in Chiang Mai, although I haven't really searched.

Labor is cheap, or get your own exercise with a trowel or other implement to physically pull the weeds. The size of the area of course makes this a good choice or not. I pay my daughter one baht per weed with root, she usually doesn't last long enough to break me, but every little bit helps.

Or grow Ya Malaysia which will eventually squeeze out most of the weeds, with your help to pull the nasty ones.

Mow your lawn frequently enough to cut off the seed stalks before they re-seed themselves.

Follow the advise from one of the early books I read on organic gardening, I think it was from "Please Don't Eat the Daisies": There are three ways to deal with weeds, poison them, pull them, or change your attitude towards them. Maybe the path of least resistance is to leave them as part of your grass lawn.

• 2 years later...

I am familiar with the products you mentioned and I have not seen them here in Chiang Mai, although I haven't really searched.

Labor is cheap, or get your own exercise with a trowel or other implement to physically pull the weeds. The size of the area of course makes this a good choice or not. I pay my daughter one baht per weed with root, she usually doesn't last long enough to break me, but every little bit helps.

Or grow Ya Malaysia which will eventually squeeze out most of the weeds, with your help to pull the nasty ones.

Mow your lawn frequently enough to cut off the seed stalks before they re-seed themselves.

Follow the advise from one of the early books I read on organic gardening, I think it was from "Please Don't Eat the Daisies": There are three ways to deal with weeds, poison them, pull them, or change your attitude towards them. Maybe the path of least resistance is to leave them as part of your grass lawn.

I am considering putting Ya Malay (thick-bladed heavy grass) down to deal with endless crabgrass in my Ya Yipoon (fine stuff). Would you recommend just putting it straight down on top of the current grass, or soil first, or digging it up or what? Thanks for any tips for a newbie home-owner, grass-carer! Obviously we want to deal with it soon with the wet season coming.