Black Pudding

stuandchris

Hi

I was talking to a guy the other day and he told me somewhere you can get really good black pudding on the island.

I retain info like a goldfish now and have forgotten where he said.

Any Ideas?

PS for the uninitiated black pudding is a large sausage made mainly of blood and fat. Sounds disgusting but tastes great with a full english brekkie.

Hi

I was talking to a guy the other day and he told me somewhere you can get really good black pudding on the island.

I retain info like a goldfish now and have forgotten where he said.

Any Ideas?

PS for the uninitiated black pudding is a large sausage made mainly of blood and fat. Sounds disgusting but tastes great with a full english brekkie.

1lt (1¾ pints) Blood (Pig, Lamb or Goose)

340g (12oz) Shredded Suet

300ml (½ pint) Milk

50g (2oz) Oatmeal

3 Medium Onions, chopped

1 tbsp Salt

½ tsp Mixed Herbs

½ tsp Cayenne Pepper

Pinch Nutmeg

Pre-heat oven to 160°C: 300°F: Gas 2.

Mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly, making sure that the seasonings are evenly distributed.

Next fill the large sausage cases.

Place into an ovenproof dish with a cover, standing in a larger dish half filled with water.

Bake for 1½ hours.

Allow to cool.

Fry with bacon and eggs for breakfast or use as a part of a Mixed Grill. :o

Syl.

black pudding... yak !!

just the thought of it - blood. Nooo waaay... (and yes i'm a brit, i know i'm 'supposed' to like it)

similarly, when Mrs Goshawk puts a bag of pigs blood into her lanna cooking. Urrrgh.. no no..

an acquired taste i guess..

I would think that if anybody on the island has it it will be big Joe Up near the petrol station near Chawang. :D

I do miss a bacon and BP sarnie myself. Or if hung over then a bacon, sausage and BP toastie. :D

This is the Phuket forum :o

I think that if someone made black pudding useing (cobra blood) instead of the normal traditional method used back in the UK, it might sale like hotcake's to the locals, given that cobra blood is a local believe that it is some sort of an aphrodisiac.

You would be surprised at how much blood a snake has.

Don’t forget to add a few chilies to the mix. :o

Thaigerd, what do ya think?

Syl.

Black pudding in a freshly baked croissant is my guilty pleasure breakfast, but I haven't found it on Phuket yet. This place needs kippers too.

You can buy Kippers in Tops, they come from Waitrose in the UK YUMMY about 170 baht per pack when they have stock i buy lots good for the frezer.

Black pudding in a freshly baked croissant is my guilty pleasure breakfast, but I haven't found it on Phuket yet. This place needs kippers too.

You can buy Kippers in Tops, they come from Waitrose in the UK YUMMY about 170 baht per pack when they have stock i buy lots good for the frezer.

Cool! Thanks for the tip.