Power Cables Underground To House?

enkmd

I am not sure yet. My next question for a 24 meter run x 2 cables of 25mm aluminum cable What is the size hdpe I should get & do both go into one tube or should they be in 2 separate tubes & if it is 2 seperate tubes how far should they be distance from each other. I will Probably prepull the wire before laying it in the trench to make it easy.

Thanks again for the help!

I am not sure yet. My next question for a 24 meter run x 2 cables of 25mm aluminum cable What is the size hdpe I should get & do both go into one tube or should they be in 2 separate tubes & if it is 2 seperate tubes how far should they be distance from each other. I will Probably prepull the wire before laying it in the trench to make it easy.

Thanks again for the help!

You can run both cables in one duct.

25mm2 double insulated will have an outside diameter of about 11mm. Two should fit in a 35mm inside diameter duct like this:-

post-14979-1236326203_thumb.jpg

You'll find it easiest to get them into the duct together rather than pull one and then attempt to get a second one in, it is not a one-man job :o

It may actually prove easier to bury the duct before putting in the cables as then it won't try to move around as you pull the cables.

Photos of your attempts to get the cables in the ducts would be appreciated :D

Why not get your sparks to size the duct and pull the cables :D

EDIT One of these http://www.cbsproducts.com/tornado.htm would make your life sooooo much easier :D

Edited by Crossy

That cable blowing machine seems like one I need^^^I like all the whiz bang tools.

In my other life we used a vacuum type motor with a fitting on the pipe to suck a so called mouse thru the pipe with a small line attached then used that line to pull a stronger pull wire thru to then pull the cables. For multiple cables we always used a pulling compound to help the cables slide better. Especially on long runs around bends. Also good idea to limit your 90 degree bends to less than a total of 360 degrees in one run as the more radius's the more difficult it is to pull the cables. If necessary on very long pulls a pull box can be added in between the multiple 90 degree turns or where the conduit makes severe direction changes.

I agree with Crossy as usual that it would be easier to bury the pipe first then pull in a pull string/rope and make sure to pull in a second pull string with the cables in case additional wire/cable needs to be added in the future.