Motogp 2009 Bikes

Richard-BKK

Today the two leader did record breaking times at Sepang (Malaysia, 30 minutes ago)

1. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 2min 1.626 sec

2. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 2min 1.805 sec

Last year in the official Sepang MotoGP race ...

Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha (:o 2min 2.249sec

Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro (:D 2min 2.759sec

In all fairness Richard, last years qualifiying in motogp @ Malaysia was rain affected & then didnt get the full time in the dry to put down their fastest laps...whereas this time its been completely dry.

Last year Casey Stoner handed the win to Valentino because he wanted to lure the Yamaha team into a false sense of security before the DUCATI's annihilated them in 2009.

Ducati is going to smash the piano makers this year! :o

You right, it was terrible weather how could I forget. And I love your statement about the Piano makers... I is a pity that the new Kawasaki ZX-RR is not attending at Sepang, I would love to see how he new bike stands up against the Yamaha and the Ducati.

By the way yesterday the cards where completely different

1. Loris Capirossi (ITA) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2'01.869

2. Casey Stoner (AUS) Ducati Marlboro Team 2'02.038

3. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Fiat Yamaha Team 2'02.324

Edited by Richard-BKK

Yes, Capirossi's Suzuki is looking rather strong. Good to see the boys mixing it up again.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the Kwaka, should be fast if they can pull it all together in time.

Ohh well, time has come, gonna go and wash my Raider 150 again.....hoping it will grow into a Ducati 1198S. :D:o

Kawasaki is still running MotoGP testings, only for did Kawasaki started a different testing schedule then Ducati and Yamaha...

For Yamaha and Ducati Sepang is the first test run, Kawasaki already did two test runs and I belief that Suzuki did one test run with Sepang making two for Suzuki Rizla

neverdie was thinking about running a team this year....but misplaced multiples of millions of dollars & decided to just speactate again :o

i also thought kwaka had pulled the pin on the season, something which no doubt would be temporary unless Kawasaki goes upside down completely, due to this economic shing ding we are having.

What can I say Neverdie, the numbers for Kawasaki motorcycles where really off, matter of fact 2008 was even worse then 2007, but then in 2007 the whole Kawasaki company made 28 plus something billion Yen. And at the same period, for 2008 this number was close to9 7 billion Yen (+/-80 million US dollar). This is overall worldwide company widht provide ....

80 million Us dollar would seem to look like a lot, but keeping the American and European market operational cost more per month....

Yes, I can see your point. Anyway I am guessing Kawasaki will get their act together in due course. I have had a number of kwakas over the years & I am fond of their product.

In the mean time Casey Stoner will just have to NAIL the Yamaha team and any others that step up to the plate.

STONER for 2009!! Go DUCATI

Apparently Rossi and Capirossi had the track to themselves for about 10 minutes and had a little race, back and forth- Rossi finally backed off. Not on youtube yet, but hopefully will be.

Hope Hayden can figure out the Duc- and what about Kallio- fresh out of 250cc and is 9th fastest on the non-factory Ducati.

And i think WSBK has 30 riders this year- too bad we can't see it live here. Speaking of - anyone seen anything about MotoGP on true this season- BBC has the coverage this year- not Eurosport!

does anyone know of the tyre situation this year....are they all going to run the same or....michelen riders still going fall to back.

Bridgestone is sole supplier. Everyone will basically get the same tires, hopefully it will help tighten up the races.

Lickey,

I know you have posted a couple of times that Kawasaki is out for this year, I remember reading it somewhere else a few weeks ago.

I also remember reading something about them still testing a new bike, maybe they are looking ahead to 2010. I dunno :o

does anyone know of the tyre situation this year....are they all going to run the same or....michelen riders still going fall to back.

Bridgestone is sole supplier. Everyone will basically get the same tires, hopefully it will help tighten up the races.

Finally nicky cant complain anymore....defin be a interesting year

Lickey,

I know you have posted a couple of times that Kawasaki is out for this year, I remember reading it somewhere else a few weeks ago.

I also remember reading something about them still testing a new bike, maybe they are looking ahead to 2010. I dunno :o

I`ve heard Kwaka will still have a bike in this year but not as a factory kwaka.....is this true?

As much as I like the motgp, 17 bikes on the starting grid just isn't enough and the playing field just doesn't seem to be level enough. I'm trying to think who won last year in dry normal conditions and can only think of Rossi Stoner and Pedrosa. Wet track and you've got different riders suddenly up there.

Unfortunately we don't get to see the WSB in Thailand but I've watched a few televised races when I was in Norway. They put 30 bikes on the grid + wildcards. It always seems like much closer racing. I was briefly excited to hear Rossi and Simonchelli were going to enter a WSB race as wildcards. That all got cancelled but it got me thinking, I was wondering if they were testing the waters so to speak in case motogp went bankrupt. I'll probably get yelled at for saying it but I'd love to see motogp go bankrupt and all those riders drop down to WSB and fight it out on a packed grid on similar bikes.

There was talk of Bayliss coming out of retirement to race Rossi in a round of WSB - now that would be worth a look, especially as Bayliss beat Rossi et all on a 990 MotoGP bike at the tailend of 2007.

Cheers,

Pikey.

There was talk of Bayliss coming out of retirement to race Rossi in a round of WSB - now that would be worth a look, especially as Bayliss beat Rossi et all on a 990 MotoGP bike at the tailend of 2007.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Troy Bayliss is a living legend and a real nice person to boot! I havent met him personally but know a few people that have had contact with him over the years.....he has more riding skill in his little finger than many riders have in total. I would love to watch him racing again.

You right, it was terrible weather how could I forget. And I love your statement about the Piano makers... I is a pity that the new Kawasaki ZX-RR is not attending at Sepang, I would love to see how he new bike stands up against the Yamaha and the Ducati.

By the way yesterday the cards where completely different

1. Loris Capirossi (ITA) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2'01.869

2. Casey Stoner (AUS) Ducati Marlboro Team 2'02.038

3. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Fiat Yamaha Team 2'02.324

As a lifelong Kawa lover hoping to see the 'green meanies' on the podium,I do realize they still lack that vital .2 to .3 seconds a lap. Hope they will prove me wrong !!

Basically I can understand that Kawasaki got out of the MotoGP, they did not win a race since the 4-strokes where introduced.

The irony is that this year the Kawasaki ZX-RR was really capable to fight back, with one of the lightest bikes in the GP and the power in the range equal to the Ducati and the Yamaha... It is a shame...

Nothing beats the style and sex appeal of a Duke.....and all that coming from a man who last owned a jap bike.

I've been down to Sepang twice for MotoGP- first time was 3 years ago, the last year of the 990's. The sound of those 990 Ducatis live cannot be described. I knew I had to have a Ducati after that trip. Sold the FZ1 as soon as I could and ordered my Duc. The 800cc's running now are a bit more tame, but still sound unreal.