I Am Cheated In Bangkok Airport Part-2

liberiosyah

Greetings all ....

Im my last Topic about me getting riped off by the Krung Thai Bank Exchange counter in Bkk Airport....After making a Police Report i made a surprise visit to the Krung Thai Bank Head Office in Nana...

Instead of going on 5\1\05 i told my wife why not we go today....4\1\05...

We reached the Head office today at 1330hrs...Went to the 4th floor where the exchange office is..Meet up with the KTB HEad of Bank Manager thru our Contacts...They checked their LOG about the 31\12\04 incident and told us that there was no report from Airport....It was clearly that the Exchage team in Airport are trying to keep it quiet....After the Head of Bank check our Police staetment he calls all his manages in the Nana office to get the guy that cheated me...And sent an internal security and Bank Auditor to the Airport to check all the transaction within the last 6 month as he is also suspicious of the bank account handled byt that very same Guy that cheated me...According to the other people in the office that Guy is a very Arrogant and bad manners type and have seevral complaints from other customer,but they did not take it serious only until my case was brought up the bank are now doing an internal investigation on the all the exchange staff in Airport...This is due to the CCTV camera which was discoverd Faulty and they did not made a report for almost 6 month....

We told the Head of Bank that if tehre is nothing to be done and that if i cant get my $100 i will meet my Ambasidor which will take these case seriously and also my dad will come over to bangkok and meet his friend who is Minister Wan Mohd Nor in Bangkok....And that we will make the case very big so that Other foreigner will also know the situation....and also will go to the MEdia for my bad experience with KTB

After about 30 minutes of talking and checking....The Bank finally decided to return our money and they send their apology to me and my wife for these case....

And also will give me an update on the guy that ripped me off...they will go thru internal investigation and most probably sacked him and the manager in charge of the exchange counter due to mishandled custoemer money and failling to report for the failure of CCTV Cameraand report customer complaint to head officeits a very serious offence in their BAnk PENAL CODE

NOW JUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE...!!! I CAN NOW CELEBRAT MY NEW YEAR AGAIN...

tHANK yOU ALL FOR SUPORTING ME IN THESE FORUM....MAYBE WE CAN ALL GET TOGETHER AND GO FOR BEERS...!!!

Greetings all ....

Im my last Topic about me getting riped off by the Krung Thai Bank Exchange counter in Bkk Airport....After making a Police Report i made a surprise visit to the Krung Thai Bank Head Office in Nana...

Instead of going on 5\1\05 i told my wife why not we go today....4\1\05...

We reached the Head office today at 1330hrs...Went to the 4th floor where the exchange office is..Meet up with the KTB HEad of Bank Manager thru our Contacts...They checked their LOG about the 31\12\04 incident and told us that there was no report from Airport....It was clearly that the Exchage team in Airport are trying to keep it quiet....After the Head of Bank check our Police staetment he calls all his manages in the Nana office to get the guy that cheated me...And sent an internal security and Bank Auditor to the Airport to check all the transaction within the last 6 month as he is also suspicious of the bank account handled byt that very same Guy that cheated me...According to the other people in the office that Guy is a very Arrogant and bad manners  type and have seevral complaints from other customer,but they did not take it serious only until my case was brought up the bank are now doing an internal  investigation on the all the exchange staff in Airport...This is due to the CCTV camera which was discoverd Faulty and they did not made a report for almost 6 month....

We told the Head of Bank that if tehre is nothing to be done and that if i cant get my $100 i will meet my Ambasidor which will take these case seriously and also my dad will come over to bangkok and meet his friend who is Minister Wan Mohd Nor in Bangkok....And that we will make the  case very big so that Other foreigner will also know the situation....and also will go to the MEdia for my bad experience with KTB

After about 30 minutes of talking and checking....The Bank finally decided to return our money and they send their apology to me and my wife for these case....

And also will give me an update on the guy that ripped me off...they will go thru internal investigation and most probably sacked him and the manager in charge of the exchange counter due to mishandled custoemer money and failling to report for the failure of CCTV Cameraand report customer complaint to head officeits a very serious offence in their BAnk PENAL CODE

NOW JUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE...!!! I CAN NOW CELEBRAT MY NEW YEAR AGAIN...

tHANK yOU ALL FOR SUPORTING ME IN THESE FORUM....MAYBE WE CAN ALL GET TOGETHER AND GO FOR BEERS...!!!

When you changed your money at the KTB in the airport,did you fill in your full name and address on the purchase slip?

Maybe a few sleepless night to come!!!

I'd watch your back,, that ripoff artist will be out for you!!! :o

It might be expensive, but a couple of well armed security people may afford him a modicum of protection.

It looks like the he already has a few "good" connections. Glad he was able to get some sense of justice from his ordeal. I would imagine that the "bad" people involved might not be too happy with ANY Farang right now, so perhaps we all need to watch our back. :D

Can we have a poll, who writes their real address on an exchange slip and who doesnt!! I cannot believe anyone would actually waste time writing down their full thai address when exchanging money!

I just write the name of a hotel ... any hotel ... and if it is cash being exchanged, they don't even want to see your passport.

Well actually the Head Bank Manager called the guy who cheated me...We even spoke to him on the phone in the bank office as he plead to us that he would like to deliver the money personally to us..Well i told him if he really wanna sent it then he should contact the Chief Of Bank or My dad friend Minister Wan Mod Nor regarding about the refund of my money...But my wife told him that we do not want to see his face any more as my contacts in the airport will be looking closely at him...And lots of eyes are lookin at him...

Well i knew that he wanted to know where we lives but we told him that we are not interested in knowing any idiots like him...As the Bank are fully responsible for this case,The Head Of Bank send her apology to us and pay us the balance of our money...And that that idiot will be dealt internaly and that goes for all the Krung Thai bank Exchange cleark and manager in Airport...

Futhur more he said that its not his falult that the Camera is not working..But we told him thats non of our concern....We even treathen him to sue him and the bank in Court if we do not get the money now....

Well all the people in the Head office was very gently and nice and polite towards me and my team...thumbs up for the Krung Thai Bank Head Office people as they really knows whats good or bad...But as for the Idiot guy ..He think he will get the AXE....

THis if for everyone farang out ther to remember my case.....

LISTEN HERE ALL FOREIGNER IN THAILAND NEVER GIVE UP,IF WE THINK THAT WE'RE TELLING THE TRUTH THEN GO ON FIGHT TILL YOU WIN...NEVER GIVE UP...AFTERALL THIS IS GOD'S WORLD..AND ITS OWNED BY THE ALMIGHTY WE ARE JUST LIVING IN THIS WORLD NOT FOR LONG...IF WE'RE DOING THE TRUTH THEN GOD WILL HELP US ACHIVES THE TRUTH....REMEMBER THIS IS THAILAND BUT ITS NOT OWNED BY THAIS...ITS OWN BUT THE ALMIGHTY GOD'S...

THEY THAIS CANT DO ANYTHING TO US ...IF NOBODY HERE IS TO HELP US ..THEN WE COULD SEEK HELP FROM OUR EMBASSY OR THE UNITED NATION ...

I just write the name of a hotel   ...   any hotel   ...   and if it is cash being exchanged, they don't even want to see your passport.

Same here. I write "Honey Hotel" on lots of forms(including arrival card), but rarely ever stay there.

Edited by TizMe

well that idiot guy did not know my address ..But i just got his adress from my contact..Well i think he's going to have a sleepless night..hahaahha...

Surely KTB has a manager in its head office in charge of the foreign exchange booths in thailand. How is it that the cctv camera was not working for six months? Why didnt that manager know? If the manager in the KTB head office doesn't supervise foreign exchange booths then he is not doing his job and should get the AXE as should the manager at Bangkok Airport and the cheating clerk himself.

At least we all now know where not to change our hard earned cash!

Congratulations in persevering with your valid complaint.

well that idiot guy did not know my address ..But i just got his adress from my contact..Well i think he's going to have a sleepless night..hahaahha...

At least we all now know where not to change our hard earned cash!

I think it should be just the opposite. The staff there now will be on their toes.

You're more likely to get conned at other bank's exchange boothes. :o

Not doubting your story, but hard for me to imagine a minister in the government being very interested in a foreigner's 100 bucks.

My girlfriend's father is a senior justice on the san dika, and he is the last person in the world I would tell that I got ripped off for 100 bucks. Honestly, I dont think he would give a rat's tail about my loss of a hundred bux.

I am pretty sure that if I told the US embassy that I got ripped off for a benjamin, I dont think they would care all that much with the tsunami...

Cynical me, I would have given up and just said mai pen rai...

Worthy of you not to just roll over after an injustice for sure!