• 3 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello all contributors,

I've gone in and placed everything in alphabetical order., as I was noticing a lot of double or even triple entries throughout the listing. t was also driving me crazy trying to find stuff easily.

For anyone adding to the directory, it is real simple whilst in edit mode to drag and drop your placemark in alphabetical order.

I haven't deleted any of these extra entries as they may have pertinent information (GPS info etc) which will be Incorporated into one placemark when I get time.

Placemarks that are not motorcycle related are gone eg: Department of Consular Affairs (caveat if they are selling, repairing, making anything related to a motorcycle please let me know, motorcycle parking doesn't count).

Have a great riding day.

regards,

Garry :D :jap:

Just to add, I have noticed some placemarks that say absolutely nothing in the info block or heading about what is there: mechanic, specialty shop etc. Please be somewhat informative on why you are contributing your placemark or it will get deleted

Thanks, Garry :D :jap:

In Bangkok

Prasong has moved & so has Wit ; who now calls his shop Fastest Bikes 4000

Khun Wit is here: (right next to Krung Sri bank).

Wit Motorsports

I use him for new chains, overhauling front forks & all the usual stuff.

He told me he will get any bike from Japan; takes about 3 weeks. add 80,000 for a plate. (1000 cc).

Edited by powderpuff

• 1 month later...

Still trying to find Lifan dealer in Chiang Mai? Any help and do they have any stock?

I am in Chiang Rai, none here at dealer, can get a Sym keeway 250 here but know nothing about them?

Checked google map, no mention of Lifan on map.

Thanks

Relatively new to CM and just looking around myself, so don't have exact addresses, but have seen them at 3 places. One located on the Charoen Muang road between train station (same side) and superhighway. Stopped by the other day and they had several of the LF200GY-5A Cross, a couple of the LF250-B cruisers, and some scooters. Saw some at another shop on Kaew Nawarat rd, can't remember if it was before or after the bus station coming from the SH. Just noticed while passing by and saw a couple 200 Cross sitting toward the front. There is also a shop in Pantip Plaza, which may be related to one of the others, that had a couple of the 200 cross and some scooters, but don't remember seeing a 250 cruiser there. At the first 2 mentioned, they had stock as of yesterday which I saw while driving a friend around to get parts for his truck.

Still trying to find Lifan dealer in Chiang Mai? Any help and do they have any stock?

I am in Chiang Rai, none here at dealer, can get a Sym keeway 250 here but know nothing about them?

Checked google map, no mention of Lifan on map.

Thanks

Relatively new to CM and just looking around myself, so don't have exact addresses, but have seen them at 3 places. One located on the Charoen Muang road between train station (same side) and superhighway. Stopped by the other day and they had several of the LF200GY-5A Cross, a couple of the LF250-B cruisers, and some scooters. Saw some at another shop on Kaew Nawarat rd, can't remember if it was before or after the bus station coming from the SH. Just noticed while passing by and saw a couple 200 Cross sitting toward the front. There is also a shop in Pantip Plaza, which may be related to one of the others, that had a couple of the 200 cross and some scooters, but don't remember seeing a 250 cruiser there. At the first 2 mentioned, they had stock as of yesterday which I saw while driving a friend around to get parts for his truck.

Thanks so much, on the way to CM today, so great timing.

Bob

Hello all contributors,

I've gone in and placed everything in alphabetical order., as I was noticing a lot of double or even triple entries throughout the listing. t was also driving me crazy trying to find stuff easily.

For anyone adding to the directory, it is real simple whilst in edit mode to drag and drop your placemark in alphabetical order.

I haven't deleted any of these extra entries as they may have pertinent information (GPS info etc) which will be Incorporated into one placemark when I get time.

Placemarks that are not motorcycle related are gone eg: Department of Consular Affairs (caveat if they are selling, repairing, making anything related to a motorcycle please let me know, motorcycle parking doesn't count).

Have a great riding day.

regards,

Hi Gary

I bought some Dunlop tyres from K Pairoj at Big Bendum tyres and got excellent service with a large choice of brands available.

He speaks good English and they kept me supplied with that ice cold weak Chinese tea for which I was grateful as it was a very hot day and I had just ridden 385km to gt there.

I was very impressed by the service and helpful staff and asked the guy actually doing the tyre change if he would set the pressure to 30 psi instead of the normal 50 or so that you get from most places. He did and they also replaced the inflation valve with a 90 degree angle chrome plated one for an extra 100 baht.

His shop is actually at

22 Karakkadakhom 5 road and Santhipap road very close to the roundabout.

GPS is

N 13.44536

E 100.30760

Hello all contributors,

Have a great riding day.

regards,

Hi Gary

I bought some Dunlop tyres from K Pairoj at Big Bendum tyres and got excellent service with a large choice of brands available.

He speaks good English and they kept me supplied with that ice cold weak Chinese tea for which I was grateful as it was a very hot day and I had just ridden 385km to gt there.

I was very impressed by the service and helpful staff and asked the guy actually doing the tyre change if he would set the pressure to 30 psi instead of the normal 50 or so that you get from most places. He did and they also replaced the inflation valve with a 90 degree angle chrome plated one for an extra 100 baht.

His shop is actually at

22 Karakkadakhom 5 road and Santhipap road very close to the roundabout.

GPS is

N 13.44536

E 100.30760

Always nice to read of good feedback about the palcemarked shops. I'll see if there is a good rep function in google maps.

Cheers,

Garry

OK, back from Chiang Mai with a new LF250B Lifan. 170K, good ride, yes, it is a 250 so really noticed power needs for hills, but hey! It's a 250 :) Another 1000K and I can talk about it.

Now the next thing is to find an owners manual in ENGLISH?????

Any Help Guys?

Just wanted to say well done and thanks to the contributors to this project.. Its really taken shape and while I would like it to have better contact detail for the businesses listed on some submissions its a great starting point.

I have backed up the KML files and will continue to do so.

I was going to add the Lifan dealer Chiang Mai, has 2 outlets, but can't locate the google map??

Can you post the website here for us non-computer types :)

Thanks

• 3 months later...

I think some users may inadvertently drag the placemarks when clicking them in edit mode. Very easy to do if you aren't zoomed in. I've corrected a few that I originally added in the correct spot! I just added a little Bike Paint shop in Bangkok who will do 'factory look' or custom paint.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=215865680265028500930.0004624feb401af10e332&msa=0&ll=13.760342,100.650698&spn=0.008326,0.009645

Let's keep this thing alive and accurate! :)

K

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Phuket britbike (aka motorcycleworld phuket) triumph dealer absolutely misplaced its almost on the one road with robinson, but appears at one point with tpmotorcycles at map

Yeah they used to be out on the bypass rd before they moved.. I am off the island now so dont know where the new shop is.

The beauty of the map solution tho is the place can be corrected.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sure do, it's: Ramkhamhaeng 24/3, Bangkok, 10240.

Speaks very good English and is as honest as they come. Saved me a fortune to date.

Hello Roy, I tried to find the shop at the address you gave from google map/google view before to go there but I can't see anything that looks like a bike shop in that soï...

Could you add it on the map of the motorbike directory? Or do you have a phone number so I can ring them up?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hello Guies!

I've updated the location and infos about the few shops I have been to.

Panda Rider, Red Baron, both Kawasaki big bikes dealers in bkk, Bikers, 320sp, corrected the location of Paddock bkk...

It is a great tool this map, keep it alive thumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the Position of Pirelli Motorcycle tires in On Nut is a little bit wrong.

The exact Position is: N 13.71087 E 100.63626

Hello krbkk, the position of show pow pirelli is exact. If you do a google view on the pin, you'll see that it is the side entrance to bring your motorbike directly in the shed on the back of the shop. Once parked there they'll take you're motorbike in the shop to change the tyres from the back... You are right, the front of the shop is on soi sukumvit 77 like your gps coordinate indicates... It is 20m away...

• 2 weeks later...